NJ - Trial of Christopher Gregor Allegedly Beat 6-Year-OId Son to Death

Granted, neither one of these parents was "ideal". But there is video evidence of one parent who was definitely abusive. And it looks like the child could have had definite internal injuries based on that evidence.

She previously warned authorities as far back as July 2020 that her son would return from his father's home with black eyes, bruises, scrapes and even 'bite marks.'

Just looking at the above quote from the Daily Mail article, I would assume that all such reports must by law be investigated? So does this mean that they were not finding evidence of any such injuries?
Or disregarded the claims, didn't take her seriously, or under staffed, or...

idk

moo

Edit: no reason named above is excusable.

Did his grandma realize that CG would gain visitation rights when she filed for child support? Did she know anything about him?

If only he had never entered their lives.
I bet grandma is kicking herself everyday for that. I'm sure she thought she was doing the right thing by making the father take some responsibility. She probably never imagined he would be so vile and things would ultimately turn out the way they did. :(

I bet grandma is kicking herself everyday for that. I'm sure she thought she was doing the right thing by making the father take some responsibility. She probably never imagined he would be so vile and things would ultimately turn out the way they did. :(

It seems to me that the defendant didn't want the victim, the responsibility or to pay child support. So he was punishing the victim to release his rage on the mother for "forcing" him to be a parent.

Seems like no one ever made the defendant be responsible for anything.

It seems to me that the defendant didn't want the victim, the responsibility or to pay child support. So he was punishing the victim to release his rage on the mother for "forcing" him to be a parent.

Seems like no one ever made the defendant be responsible for anything.
That’s what is dangerous in forcing someone to parent. I once read of a grandmother who insisted that her infant granddaughter and the mom (her daughter) receive benefits from the man who had fathered the child— even though the daughter made it clear she was willing to just raise the child on her own, with no connection to him. He wound up killing her and the infant in an attempt to be free of the financial burden. Another case where a grandmother thought she was doing the right thing…

Isn't it the law for a non-custodial parent to pay child support? It's their responsibility - whether man or woman be accountable.
IANAL but...
Yes. Family Court typically calculates child support based on income and time shared. So, the more time CG had of Corey, the less he would typically have to pay. This might also have something to do with CG pushing for more physical custody. Many states now have family courts that favor 50/50 physical custody if one party wants it (regardless of gender). .

This is definitely the guy I would like at my defense table.
Yes and no. Cuz so far he's coming across as a huge bully to me & hearing g him holler with such anger at the pediatrician was horrifying. I don't know the makeup of the jury by gender but as a mom I am not impressed at his tactics.

As for mom, I don't buy the idea that she was on meth when she took her child to the pediatrician that day. There was no diagnosis of sepsis per the female pediatrician. I listened to both doctors' testimonies and didn't hear that.

(Attached local news report, Asbury Park Press) - local news is doing a good job of covering this. Worth the delve.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240503_134232_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20240503_134232_Chrome.jpg
    111.2 KB · Views: 9
  • Screenshot_20240503_134301_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20240503_134301_Chrome.jpg
    121.8 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:
IANAL but...
Yes. Family Court typically calculates child support based on income and time shared. So, the more time CG had of Corey, the less he would typically have to pay. This might also have something to do with CG pushing for more physical custody. Many states now have family courts that favor 50/50 physical custody if one party wants it (regardless of gender). .

Yes and no. Cuz so far he's coming across as a huge bully to me & hearing g him holler with such anger at the pediatrician was horrifying. I don't know the makeup of the jury by gender but as a mom I am not impressed at his tactics.

As for mom, I don't buy the idea that she was on meth when she took her child to the pediatrician that day. There was no diagnosis of sepsis per the female pediatrician.
Thank you, @AnyNameIWish.

and... about that defense attorney... he comes across to me as a bully too. Also, he came across during his opening statement as someone who is trying to justify abuse of a child. That does not sit well with me, and more importantly, hopefully, it will not go over very well with the jurors. moo

Article date:
Posted Tue, Mar 15, 2022 at 2:07 pm ET

In the hours after his son’s death, however, Gregor searched the internet for answers to questions such as “can your phone be tracked in airplane mode” and “can my car be tracked,” according to a probable cause affidavit filed last week by the Ocean County Prosecutor’s Office.

Prior to the boy’s death, the affidavit said Gregor searched “will red marks turn into bruises.” After Corey's death, he searched “there was a murder determined from an autopsy how long to file charges” and “how long after an autopsy to file charges get filed.”

Micciolo had frequently accused Gregor of abusing the child, but he denied it. A woman in the affidavit who met Gregor on a dating app in April 2020 said she broke up with him after noticing “red flags.” One cited incident involved crabbing where the woman said that Gregor got angry and threw Corey off the boat. He later said he was “rough housing,” according to the affidavit.

After the death of the boy, Gregor was charged with child endangerment. Earlier this month he was charged with murder and is currently held in Ocean County Jail.

Full article is at link provided...

Read More:

Ongoing Abuse Preceded NJ 6-Year-Old's Death: Affidavit
Man Charged With Murder In 6-Year-Old Son's Death In Barnegat
Barnegat Man Charged With Child Endangerment After Son's Death
Father Charged With Abusing 6-Year-Old Son Released Pending Trial

Isn't it the law for a non-custodial parent to pay child support? It's their responsibility - whether man or woman be accountable.

That evil monster knew what to do if he didn't want a child. It's all his fault. moo
:)
It is, yes; but they have to be named, and the courts made aware. In the illustration I used, this had not been done, until the grandmother of the infant suggested it.

Article date:
Posted Tue, Mar 15, 2022 at 2:07 pm ET

In the hours after his son’s death, however, Gregor searched the internet for answers to questions such as “can your phone be tracked in airplane mode” and “can my car be tracked,” according to a probable cause affidavit filed last week by the Ocean County Prosecutor’s Office.

Prior to the boy’s death, the affidavit said Gregor searched “will red marks turn into bruises.” After Corey's death, he searched “there was a murder determined from an autopsy how long to file charges” and “how long after an autopsy to file charges get filed.”

Micciolo had frequently accused Gregor of abusing the child, but he denied it. A woman in the affidavit who met Gregor on a dating app in April 2020 said she broke up with him after noticing “red flags.” One cited incident involved crabbing where the woman said that Gregor got angry and threw Corey off the boat. He later said he was “rough housing,” according to the affidavit.

After the death of the boy, Gregor was charged with child endangerment. Earlier this month he was charged with murder and is currently held in Ocean County Jail.

Full article is at link provided...

Read More:

Ongoing Abuse Preceded NJ 6-Year-Old's Death: Affidavit
Man Charged With Murder In 6-Year-Old Son's Death In Barnegat
Barnegat Man Charged With Child Endangerment After Son's Death
Father Charged With Abusing 6-Year-Old Son Released Pending Trial
Ah, the good old "I am an idiot so I'll look up incriminating info" trick. Works like a charm.

Ready for this one to get his slammer time.

I mean....
A woman in the affidavit who met Gregor on a dating app in April 2020 said she broke up with him after noticing “red flags.” One cited incident involved crabbing where the woman said that Gregor got angry and threw Corey off the boat. He later said he was “rough housing,” according to the affidavit.

Will this be evidence shared at trial??? This judge freaks me out, he didn't allow the "too fat" comment to be shared to the jury. Will this woman come forward and testify to this boat incident? Will she be allowed to?

This is a perplexing case because the jury isn't hearing all the things the public is hearing, even though it's technically "evidence"? (Again, IANAL)

@NancyGrace

Mother of 6-year-old #CoreyMicciolo testified that she feared for Corey’s life. Documentation shows she made more than 100 calls and emails to the Department of Child Protection reporting abuse. Listen to the full program: https://link.chtbl.com/k-YYsx06

Christopher Gregor, now on trial, is charged in the death of his 6-year-old son Corey Micciolo.

Gregor took his son to the hospital saying he put his son down for a nap because he was sleepy and nauseous. When Corey woke up he was stumbling, slurring his words, and having trouble breathing. Corey died at the hospital.

1714831068776.png

Granted, neither one of these parents was "ideal". But there is video evidence of one parent who was definitely abusive. And it looks like the child could have had definite internal injuries based on that evidence.

I'm not clear on all that happened the day he saw the doctor and the hospital visits for tests, but wasn't the mother told of the possibility of sepsis and medical wanted to have that issue investigated further. Didn't she sign a release so as to remove him from their care and eventually deliver him to his monster father. As far as I know, there was no damage to his heart and liver discovered at those visits, so when did that happen. I'm just not clear on the entire chain of events but it is clear that the father was abusing that precious child and needs to pay.....JMOO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fkownt
Back