NJ - Trial of Christopher Gregor Allegedly Beat 6-Year-OId Son to Death

I missed why the state's final witness is not ready until May 22. In addition, why can't they use technology with this witness? Set up a zoom conference call, whatever it takes! I dont know who the witness is or why the witness must be present... this is just off to me. Is it due to maybe the witness' evidence? Lost in the sauce here. moo

May 22 is when the state’s next witness is available - a physician. An expert witness. It sounded like this witness is just not available, period. So I’m not sure Zoom would’ve worked. Defense counsel is unavailable May 14 due to some “family medical commitment.” The state asked to have a recess until May 21. Judge denied. He’s going to have defense call their witnesses instead and they’re going to take days off here and there but judge didn’t want to just stop the trial until May 21. Outside influence and complacency concerns the judge said is why he didn’t want to give the jury 12 days off.

JMO

I missed why the state's final witness is not ready until May 22. In addition, why can't they use technology with this witness? Set up a zoom conference call, whatever it takes! I dont know who the witness is or why the witness must be present... this is just off to me. Is it due to maybe the witness' evidence? Lost in the sauce here. moo

This also worries me. Is there something underfoot for a mistrial? Are CG's parents influencing behind the scenes?

I think CG's father called LE to the hospital because CG told his mother that Corey's mother had done something to him. They were going to place the blame on her. IMO

And I think CG's mother still pushing that her son is innocent. April 4th? Really?

"Deadbeat dad's' mom breaks down in court

as she reveals his furious phone call

from the hospital after his son died."

I dont understand why this case is not getting more coverage?

I’m not sure I would characterize this defendant as a ‘deadbeat dad.’ He was present and took custody. He’s a violent and abusive dad. I understand ‘deadbeat’ to refer to a dad who is just not around and irresponsible. This defendant has serious anger issues and resented this child.

JMO

What a cheap date by the way? He was gonna take his date to Pizza Hut? New Jersey has to have better pizza spots!

I’m listening to the text message testimony now and he texts Marci that when Corey was dropped off he was fine. That’s pretty important since he’s claiming his mom may have hurt him or he had sepsis at this point. The pic of him holding a sleepy Corey creeps me out. What was going on before that pic? Ugh!

JMO

I watched the treadmill video, against my own gut instinct......and feel sick. But I can say, after watching it, this little boy had become accustomed to that man treating him that way and you can tell he was scared of him. He falls off the treadmill, gets up and tries to get back on like it's normal. And to see this man bite him in the top of the head......:mad:

This case is infuriating and the system failed this sweet little boy miserably. What will it take for the system to be fixed???!!!

I’m not sure I would characterize this defendant as a ‘deadbeat dad.’ He was present and took custody. He’s a violent and abusive dad. I understand ‘deadbeat’ to refer to a dad who is just not around and irresponsible. This defendant has serious anger issues and resented this child.

JMO
well apparently he wasn't present or at all involved up until a year before he killed his son. the father and son hadn't even met prior to that. So in this instance, it would have been far better for Corey if his father had remained a "deadbeat" dad. JMO

Almost immediately after he became involved in Corey's life Corey's mom reported her son would often return from visits with injuries.

Corey's mother Breanna Micciolo - who also testified against Gregor last week - alleged that he had never even met his son until a year before his death, and Corey would routinely return home from his father's home with fresh cuts and bruises.

Prosecutors alleged that Gregor showed a pattern of abuse for months before Corey was killed, with the forensic pathologist ruling that his cause of death was blunt force injuries that were administered 'by another person.'
'Deadbeat dad's' mom breaks down in court over hospital phone call

Last edited:
well apparently he wasn't present or at all involved up until a year before he killed his son. the father and son hadn't even met prior to that. So in this instance, it would have been far better for Corey if his father had remained a "deadbeat" dad. JMO

Almost immediately after he became involved in Corey's life Corey's mom reported her son would often return from visits with injuries.

Corey's mother Breanna Micciolo - who also testified against Gregor last week - alleged that he had never even met his son until a year before his death, and Corey would routinely return home from his father's home with fresh cuts and bruises.

Prosecutors alleged that Gregor showed a pattern of abuse for months before Corey was killed, with the forensic pathologist ruling that his cause of death was blunt force injuries that were administered 'by another person.'
Do we know who the mother reported the bruises to? Did she take the child to the pediatrician to check out the bruising?
If she had a known drug problem, I'm surprised she wasn't charged.

JMO

Gregor ultimately received his undergrad —
a bachelor of arts in psychology —
at the University of Arizona,
an online school formerly called Ashford University, according to his LinkedIn profile."
BBM - so he knows how to work the system and play the psychological game. MOO as I've experienced this in my personal life.

Do we know who the mother reported the bruises to? Did she take the child to the pediatrician to check out the bruising?
If she had a known drug problem, I'm surprised she wasn't charged.

JMO
Gregor told Cicerone the child's mother, Breanna Micciolo, had made false child-abuse allegations against him more than a dozen times in the past. He said he was worried that caseworkers would take the latest allegations seriously.

Gregor took his son to Southern Ocean County Medical Center in Stafford about 4 p.m. the same day as he made the call to the hotline, after the child started vomiting and went limp. Corey died at the hospital shortly after 5 p.m.
'Mom told me to lie': Christopher Gregor said son Corey lied about abuse

apparently she was reporting the abuse since Chris went so far as to contact CPS and try to explain to them that Corey's mom was making allegations up and coaching Corey to lie about father abusing him.

as to her addiction,

she owned it and testified to it in court Treadmill trial: Breanna Micciolo, mother of Corey Gregor, talks about meth addiction

She may well have been charged at some point in the past for her drug use. We don't know.

why on earth would she be charged in relation to Corey's death? She didn't live with the father, isn't responsible for Corey's death, and was trying to get full custody back from his killer.

Both these sets of lawyers seem to be doing a rehearsal trial.
Thankfully ALL of what was said by Momma and Papa Christopher Gregor on Day 6 was just proffer so if wasn't in front of the jury. We will see them testify next week for Realsies.
Most parents would have to be eventually, physically pulled from their deceased child's body, IMO.
A BAZILLION TIMES YES. I can't even fathom it, it makes me so upset.

whole testimony about their son being “unprotected” out in Barnegat by himself
This. Can someone explain this? It's not like he was moving to a war torn country or even a state away. Is this like, not protected by David, the dad and his powerful retired police officer influence???

I dont understand why this case is not getting more coverage?
Why so much coverage of Daybell and the pretty Massachusetts lady? I am not interested in either.

He was gonna take his date to Pizza Hut? New Jersey has to have better pizza spots!
And YES. I don't think Pizza Hut even has sit down restaurants anymore so... this was a booty call date with pizza takeout..... at home? In the tone of that prosecutor lady. ... "OHKAY." (I love it when she says that now. It's like her tell- basically the subtext is "OH WOW YOU'RE REALLY GOING TO ADMIT TO THIS LOL". She said it a lot yesterday.)

Last edited:

Ok but he never met him because he didn’t know about him. That’s what came out at trial.

Gregor told Cicerone the child's mother, Breanna Micciolo, had made false child-abuse allegations against him more than a dozen times in the past. He said he was worried that caseworkers would take the latest allegations seriously.

Gregor took his son to Southern Ocean County Medical Center in Stafford about 4 p.m. the same day as he made the call to the hotline, after the child started vomiting and went limp. Corey died at the hospital shortly after 5 p.m.
'Mom told me to lie': Christopher Gregor said son Corey lied about abuse

apparently she was reporting the abuse since Chris went so far as to contact CPS and try to explain to them that Corey's mom was making allegations up and coaching Corey to lie about father abusing him.

as to her addiction,

she owned it and testified to it in court Treadmill trial: Breanna Micciolo, mother of Corey Gregor, talks about meth addiction

She may well have been charged at some point in the past for her drug use. We don't know.

why on earth would she be charged in relation to Corey's death? She didn't live with the father, isn't responsible for Corey's death, and was trying to get full custody back from his killer.
BBM. I think she should be charged because it is very possible she also inflicted abuse. The "Mom told me to lie" really bothers me.

This case reminds me of the horrific death of young AJ Freund. His mother had a serious drug problem and she is the one who inflicted the abuse that killed him. A doctor who examined AJ testified AJ's mother told AJ to blame their dog for his injuries. His father is in prison because he disposed of the child's body. The DCFS caseworker who ignored all of the reports from both LE and doctors has also been found guilty.

JMO

BBM. I think she should be charged because it is very possible she also inflicted abuse. The "Mom told me to lie" really bothers me.

This case reminds me of the horrific death of young AJ Freund. His mother had a serious drug problem and she is the one who inflicted the abuse that killed him. A doctor who examined AJ testified AJ's mother told AJ to blame their dog for his injuries. His father is in prison because he disposed of the child's body. The DCFS caseworker who ignored all of the reports from both LE and doctors has also been found guilty.

JMO
the "mom told me to lie" would bother me too, if it weren't for the fact that the only person who claims Corey said that is the man on trial for his murder.

3:00 defense lawyer tells baldface lie. Says you're gonna see CG pick Corey up six times and six times put him back on the treadmill.

Cg actually picked Corey up once, by the front of his shirt and the other 5 times just watched as the boy flew off the back of the treadmill and tried to get back on by himself. Eventually cg bit Corey on the head and pushed his body to a position nearly doubled over on the speeding treadmill.

Ok but he never met him because he didn’t know about him. That’s what came out at trial.
There were troubling warning signs from the very first time Gregor met Corey in 2019, when the youngster was just 5 years old.

Corey returned home to his mother, Breanna Micciolo, that day with a “busted lip,” which Gregor said happened when he accidentally kicked the youngster while playing soccer.
Who is Christopher Gregor? Accused NJ killer dad who forced 6-year-old son to run on treadmill

The day before his death, Breanna brought Corey to Jersey Shore Medical Center, where she says Corey told doctors his father was hurting him. Breanna says she also made several reports to DCPP (NJ Child Protective Services) soon after Gregor came into his son’s life.
[snip]
Breanna has maintained copies of all correspondence she subsequently submitted to DCPP. As part of her dealings with DCPP, Breanna mentioned her suspicions that Gregor was using a treadmill as a means of punishing their son.
Mother Learns More About Suspicious Death Of Her Child

ETA sounds like there may have bee a very good reason his mother didn't want Chris in her or their child's life

There was something telling in Ms Gregor´s testimony. She was describing how happy Corey was during the house tours. She started out saying how excited he was, then ended up saying "but I don't know how FOCUSED he was". (BBM) And that they had to keep him from running into the street. I was astounded at those two clearly derogatory comments. If I took a 6 year old kid along on a house hunt, the last aspect of his behavior I would be eagle eyeing, judging him, is if he had been "focused". Not like her dear son who had a large handful of "careers" before age 30 and who clearly abused the boy beyond all limits that day on the treadmill. CG did seem FOCUSED on hurting the boy.
SBM.

That stood out to me too. Why would a 6-year-old boy be focused on touring a house to buy? A totally unnecessary dig but one that revealed a lot about the unreasonable expectations that were leveled at Corey by the defendant and his family.

MOO.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roseashley592
Back