NJ - Trial of Christopher Gregor Allegedly Beat 6-Year-OId Son to Death

SBM.

That stood out to me too. Why would a 6-year-old boy be focused on touring a house to buy? A totally unnecessary dig but one that revealed a lot about the unreasonable expectations that were leveled at Corey by the defendant and his family.

MOO.
I wonder if their primary concern is their own reputation and standing in the community. Smearing the mom and her family casts some doubt on these events that they can use to mitigate the fallout. JMO

Again this was all not in front of jury so not part of testimony yet that will be considered.

David Gregor (dad, of defendant, former NJ state trooper) said to a Detective Miller, moments after Corey died

"It's an unattended death and, uh, you know, you gonna send somebody over or.... or I should have known, it was Barnegat. "

I don't understand what this means. Is he disparaging Barnegat and its police dept for being slow to act in some way? Why would a police department be involved in a pediatric death unless you KNOW something is awry? (Isn't the defense claiming "pneumonia" and "sepsis" and "natural causes" as cod anyway?) I've watched Papa of Christopher twice already and he is seething inside. His "old gramps" presentation didn't fly. What else did he to protect his man-child when he was in legal trouble in Baltimore?!?

I think granddad, being a former LEO, was just setting up a narrative for his son. Once their son fled, granddad knew exactly what that meant and he was playing offense by calling the police. I think he was trying to establish there was a history of threats/concerns with Breanna and that they had nothing to hide. See, we called the police! It’s a sleight of hand. The real story is that the defendant left his dead son at the hospital and ran!

JMO

There were troubling warning signs from the very first time Gregor met Corey in 2019, when the youngster was just 5 years old.

Corey returned home to his mother, Breanna Micciolo, that day with a “busted lip,” which Gregor said happened when he accidentally kicked the youngster while playing soccer.
Who is Christopher Gregor? Accused NJ killer dad who forced 6-year-old son to run on treadmill

The day before his death, Breanna brought Corey to Jersey Shore Medical Center, where she says Corey told doctors his father was hurting him. Breanna says she also made several reports to DCPP (NJ Child Protective Services) soon after Gregor came into his son’s life.
[snip]
Breanna has maintained copies of all correspondence she subsequently submitted to DCPP. As part of her dealings with DCPP, Breanna mentioned her suspicions that Gregor was using a treadmill as a means of punishing their son.
Mother Learns More About Suspicious Death Of Her Child

ETA sounds like there may have bee a very good reason his mother didn't want Chris in her or their child's life
"In November, Breanna and her mother Rebecca face municipal court charges brought by David Gregor. The paternal grandfather claims that Corey’s mother and maternal grandmother began harassing him on or about April 3, the day after the little boy’s death."

Yet, yesterday both (grand) parents were floating unsubstantiated versions of harassment on April 2, not April 3. Why did the date of harassment change to April 2? Because CG needed to blame other ppl for his own cowardly action? Running away from the body of his child, leaving the dead boy without loved ones around him. Because he was so afraid of harassment?

Also imo, neither mr gregor nor his wife had coherent versions of "when" the supposed harassment began. Their stories are a hodgepodge, one version from the father actually could result in harassment beginning before Breanna's family even knew Corey was dead. Imo

Last edited:
Still going through the threads so perhaps this has already been posted.

Parents (David & Carol) in court to discuss their testimony w/o presence of jury due to 104a rule. The hearing was being done to determine if any of the information is admissible.

Article I. General Provisions | NJ Courts

Here is video of the hearing:

Edit: to include: timestamp starts at 46:00

DG explains conversations he had with son (wife Carol there too) and that the next day his son Christopher goes to meet with BM. The police are called for shots fired.
They search his car and found marijuana paraphernalia and he (CG) is arrested and he lost custody Feb 14.
He regained custody a month late.

Last edited:
Again this was all not in front of jury so not part of testimony yet that will be considered.

David Gregor (dad, of defendant, former NJ state trooper) said to a Detective Miller, moments after Corey died

"It's an unattended death and, uh, you know, you gonna send somebody over or.... or I should have known, it was Barnegat. "

I don't understand what this means. Is he disparaging Barnegat and its police dept for being slow to act in some way? Why would a police department be involved in a pediatric death unless you KNOW something is awry? (Isn't the defense claiming "pneumonia" and "sepsis" and "natural causes" as cod anyway?) I've watched Papa of Christopher twice already and he is seething inside. His "old gramps" presentation didn't fly. What else did he to protect his man-child when he was in legal trouble in Baltimore?!?
'seething'.... oh he was seething, for sure... his little lips could barely stop from sneering, too. He was in free roaming anger mode, and his main projection was 'offended'.. why should he, an upstanding citizen, salt of the earth, pillar of the community, be subjected to this palaver? his own son, pilloried and excoriated by some trashy careless girl, her family of peasants and poltroons, while he,, he, himself, Mr Gregor, wise, admired, his teacher son who he raised beautifully, be caught 'biting the head of his own grandson'..?? all nonsense, according to Gramps.

The only credit I give either of them was their genuine surprise that Corey died. This did seem to be a complete shock to them, this was never on the agenda, apparently.

What was on the agenda is anyone 's guess..

It is difficult to believe that Gramps and Grandma Gregor were so finely tuned to the possibility of 'threat' emanating from Breanna's family, yet, oddly, they completely missed in its entirety the consumate threat their son projected on their grandson. It just went over their head , both heads, without a scintilla of warning, or suspicion.

Their son is alive, their grandson is dead, and they don't appear to see the disparity here, the magnitude of threats they concocted against themselves, ( playing the victim ) and the real, lethal, vicious, reprehensible threat their son indeed held and manifested over and over again, and it is just as hard to believe that the Grands did not get a hint of this when they all lived in the one household. Christopher Gregor started early on this boy, an habituated abuser.

BBM. I think she should be charged because it is very possible she also inflicted abuse. The "Mom told me to lie" really bothers me.

This case reminds me of the horrific death of young AJ Freund. His mother had a serious drug problem and she is the one who inflicted the abuse that killed him. A doctor who examined AJ testified AJ's mother told AJ to blame their dog for his injuries. His father is in prison because he disposed of the child's body. The DCFS caseworker who ignored all of the reports from both LE and doctors has also been found guilty.

JMO
Charged with what? There is NO evidence to indicate the mother abused Corey. And like the other poster said, the only person that claims Corey said his mother told him to lie is the vile beast on trial for killing him.

That discussion about whether Gramps said “unattended” or ‘unintended’ was a huge tell to me. Many people die alone in hospitals…no one calls the police to ‘attend’ the corpse or console the bereaved.

My guess is that they were well aware of their son’s pattern and MODE of cruelty to the child, perhaps disguised as rough play…hitting him in the face with balls, ‘accidentally kicking him, the treadmill, etc. I’m guessing that the hurt caused to Corey by these malicious, spiteful acts were repeatedly ‘excused’ by their son…as ‘unintended.’

CG, in my opinion, hated this child and his Mother, and the intrusion into his life. He found a way to take out his stealth aggression on the little boy…the ‘athletic father’ making a man out of his child, ‘playing’ with him…imflicting pain that way…repeatedly excused as UNINTENDED. And of course, the once fatherless child would try to please him.

Did the parents and CG argue about this, see through the ‘play’ to the cruelty…and that caused CG to move out where he could do as he wished with the child? it is also odd to me that CG left home where he had all that free help and freedom for himself from childcare. Dad really tried to make that a PR moment, but it sounded suspicious to me.

I also wonder if Grandma wasn’t told more detail in an earlier phone call about how and when Corey collapsed. Maybe that word was already used between their son and Grandma in one of the initial calls that day. Maybe the word was already in their mind.

My guess is that Grandpa called the police because he was terrified that an enraged M family, already wise to the abuse, would show up at the hospital to confront CG over…in HIS words…an ‘unintended’ death. They weren’t rushing to the hospital for Corey…he was already dead. They weren’t asking the police to console their son. Who does that?

Knowing that the M family had uncovered the alleged abuse, they wanted their son to have police protection. Big tell, all in my opinion, of course.

That discussion about whether Gramps said “unattended” or ‘unintended’ was a huge tell to me. Many people die alone in hospitals…no one calls the police to ‘attend’ the corpse or console the bereaved.

My guess is that they were well aware of their son’s pattern and MODE of cruelty to the child, perhaps disguised as rough play…hitting him in the face with balls, ‘accidentally kicking him, the treadmill, etc. I’m guessing that the hurt caused to Corey by these malicious, spiteful acts were repeatedly ‘excused’ by their son…as ‘unintended.’

CG, in my opinion, hated this child and his Mother, and the intrusion into his life. He found a way to take out his stealth aggression on the little boy…the ‘athletic father’ making a man out of his child, ‘playing’ with him…imflicting pain that way…repeatedly excused as UNINTENDED. And of course, the once fatherless child would try to please him.

Did the parents and CG argue about this, see through the ‘play’ to the cruelty…and that caused CG to move out where he could do as he wished with the child? it is also odd to me that CG left home where he had all that free help and freedom for himself from childcare. Dad really tried to make that a PR moment, but it sounded suspicious to me.

I also wonder if Grandma wasn’t told more detail in an earlier phone call about how and when Corey collapsed. Maybe that word was already used between their son and Grandma in one of the initial calls that day. Maybe the word was already in their mind.

My guess is that Grandpa called the police because he was terrified that an enraged M family, already wise to the abuse, would show up at the hospital to confront CG over…in HIS words…an ‘unintended’ death. They weren’t rushing to the hospital for Corey…he was already dead. They weren’t asking the police to console their son. Who does that?

Knowing that the M family had uncovered the alleged abuse, they wanted their son to have police protection. Big tell, all in my opinion, of course.
Gregor wanted, imo, to get in as much badmouthing of the M's as he could as red herring for his soft cowardly son hightailing it. He claimed to have called the police before CG ran away, but the timeline both parents presented was all over the place with "I don't remember".

One of the parents explained how CG wanted to begin assuming total responsibility for the boy, thought the gpa's were doing more than their share. Paraphrased.

I think that was the perfect storm culminating for Corey, all of a sudden Corey is underfoot with no one around as buffers.

From what I can tell CG was then teaching kids, the first time with kids all day long. Then faced with Corey every day, whose beautiful little face, esp. the eyes, had to constantly remind him of Breanna who he hated, imo, for her sole responsibility in ruining his bachelor life (snark alert).

Corey didn't have a chance. I know I repeatedly bring up the treadmill. There is a clue there, the way Corey tries and tries again to please his huge unsympathetic, judging father. To the extent of bravely crouching, while running, under the pressure of his father biting his head. What father picks up their 6 yr old by his clothes.

This kid was petrified. Of the bully.

Imo

Last edited:
I wonder if their primary concern is their own reputation and standing in the community. Smearing the mom and her family casts some doubt on these events that they can use to mitigate the fallout. JMO

This whole case gives me vibes of Casey Anthony case. CG's mother protecting him at all costs. And father going along. WHY not watch the treadmill tape? Dont they want to know the truth? Or just protect their son. I also think the parents have given their kid a soft ride through life. There was an article posted on this sight where CG had past issues with LE, and temper? Was it on Dailymail?

Gregor wanted, imo, to get in as much badmouthing of the M's as he could as red herring for his soft cowardly son hightailing it. He claimed to have called the police before CG ran away, but the timeline both parents presented was all over the place with "I don't remember".

One of the parents explained how CG wanted to begin assuming total responsibility for the boy, thought the gpa's were doing more than their share. Paraphrased.

I think that was the perfect storm culminating for Corey, all of a sudden Corey is underfoot with no one around as buffers.

From what I can tell CG was then teaching kids, the first time with kids all day long. Then faced with Corey every day, whose beautiful little face, esp. the eyes, had to constantly remind him of Breanna who he hated, imo, for her sole responsibility in ruining his bachelor life (snark alert).

Corey didn't have a chance. I know I repeatedly bring up the treadmill. There is a clue there, the way Corey tries and tries again to please his huge unsympathetic, judging father. To the extent of bravely crouching, while running, under the pressure of his father biting his head. What father picks up their 6 yr old by his clothes.

This kid was petrified. Of the bully.

Imo

When watching CG's mother on the stand, I remember her mouthing something toward her son regarding the timing of when he was back at her house. I thought something about flying back home, just not sure but I am sure it was previously discussed ad nauseam between them. Still could not get their stories straight.

And the kind of temper and anger issues displayed by CG could NOT have been a surprise to this family. IMO

So much for this outstanding family reputation....lost....

When watching CG's mother on the stand, I remember her mouthing something toward her son regarding the timing of when he was back at her house. I thought something about flying back home, just not sure but I am sure it was previously discussed ad nauseam between them. Still could not get their stories straight.

And the kind of temper and anger issues displayed by CG could NOT have been a surprise to this family. IMO

She mouthed something along the lines of “did you fly home” or “did you drive home” because she was saying he flew home when her husband had indicated they arranged for a rental for him to drive home. Judge pushed her and she looked over at her son and asked rhetorically. Also, if he flew I imagine it would be easy to verify. Again, this was characteristic of both parents being confused about everything involving their son but dropping accusations and slander against Breanna and her family. JMO

The prosecutor even asked the mother (while she is on the stand) if she spoke with her husband in passing prior to taking the stand to get their stories straight. Not those exact words. moo

She mouthed something along the lines of “did you fly home” or “did you drive home” because she was saying he flew home when her husband had indicated they arranged for a rental for him to drive home. Judge pushed her and she looked over at her son and asked rhetorically. Also, if he flew I imagine it would be easy to verify. Again, this was characteristic of both parents being confused about everything involving their son but dropping accusations and slander against Breanna and her family. JMO

Yes, thank you, that was it! Were they unprepared as to what questions prosecution would ask??

Obviously, one of them forgot the narrative they previously agreed to...!

The prosecutor even asked the mother (while she is on the stand) if she spoke with her husband in passing prior to taking the stand to get their stories straight. Not those exact words. moo

Oh, yes as someone screwed up!

If they make it into the the trial, can they be asked about what they said previously? Bet, we dont see the mother. But, maybe the father with his tears over Corey.

Oh, yes as someone screwed up!

If they make it into the the trial, can they be asked about what they said previously? Bet, we dont see the mother. But, maybe the father with his tears over Corey.
I thought about it last night. I just don't think I could cry on cue, in public, 3 years later. Alone, at memories and a build up of unreleased emotion, of course, , but in public?

I saw tears on the stand from the person who thought it important to criticize a little boy for not being focused, and he pointed out that Corey used to be even more unfocused when he lived with the other family.

Tears? Yep, IMO, over the waste of DNA which is their son.

Not tears over their only grandchild.

Geez it's hard to be charitable when a little kid is "allegedly" murdered by someone who clearly, imo, hated him.

I thought about it last night. I just don't think I could cry on cue, in public, 3 years later. Alone, at memories and a build up of unreleased emotion, of course, , but in public?

I saw tears on the stand from the person who thought it important to criticize a little boy for not being focused, and he pointed out that Corey used to be even more unfocused when he lived with the other family.

Tears? Yep, IMO, over the waste of DNA which is their son.

Not tears over their only grandchild.

Geez it's hard to be charitable when a little kid is "allegedly" murdered by someone who clearly, imo, hated him.

I agree. I was going to put another snarky comment after I wrote about CG fathers tears but I did not go there. Very possibly his tears were over the family's reputation and his beloved son. He did not know what grade Corey was in? How is that? They must have cared some, hard not to love a precious little boy, but WHY then give him into the care of a son with questionable past?? No one saw this coming? Except Corey's mom?

I agree. I was going to put another snarky comment after I wrote about CG fathers tears but I did not go there. Very possibly his tears were over the family's reputation and his beloved son. He did not know what grade Corey was in? How is that? They must have cared some, hard not to love a precious little boy, but WHY then give him into the care of a son with questionable past?? No one saw this coming? Except Corey's mom?
Yeah that was bogus. He basically devoted all daylight hours to Corey. Fed him breakfast, examined his bookbag for assignments completed. In daily touch with school to see if Corey had a good or bad day. Paraphrased. Was online in some school program where parents could monitor all interactions with kid, from teachers etc. Apparently progress reports.

But what grade was the boy in? He didn't even know.

I'd think an official online program would require the basics to log into: school, teacher, grade, name, password.

Quick transcript, some of this already covered by others.

Justice for sweet Corey

Parents (David & Carol) in court to discuss their testimony w/o presence of jury. The hearing was being done to determine if any of the information is admissible in a court of law -- 104a - proffer.

Defense:

David G received call about his son CG possibly fathered a son

CG living in Baltimore at the time

August 2019, Corey’s first visit

Corey was their only grandchild at that time

August 28, next visit, and it was the beginning of overnight visits

David: concerns about what size clothes did he (Corey) wear- what does he like, wanted to make him (Corey) comfortable and get to know him

In October, CG filed for custody and became the custodian parent

He lived with us, and would visit his grandmother

CG teaching at the time in Camden (NJ)

David would get up early to be there for Corey. His wife Carol was still working, though would make Corey breakfast.

David made sure Corey had school assignments done

They would joke about "we just had our fifth child”

David would check Corey’s grades. He said it seemed that Corey mostly had good days.

Prior to January 2020 - BM and CG had shared custody

End of January 2020 BM lost visitation

August 2020, CG wanted to raise Corey on his own. He had moved to Barnegat. They thought CG would be unprotected in Barnegat.

David claims not to have watched video. Does not want that to be my a remembrance of Corey - to see him mistreated in the single instance on the treadmill.

October 2020, BM regained custody

They were looking for a new home, Corey came along.

He saw a bruise on Corey’s forehead. Asked what happened and Corey said he fell on the treadmill.

He got three calls that day about Corey’s condition - Chris taking Corey to the hospital and his death.

When David got to the hospital CG was not there

CG attorney asked if any encounters with BM or BM’s people
Two people got out of a car throwing things at his house
He (David) made CG aware of this and he was aware of everything.

The State:

Custody had been going back and forth between Corey’s grandmother and your son? Correct?
David: Yes

October 28, 2020, were you aware of the custody granted between your son & BM

DG: he was aware of a shared custody order

BM never had custody of Corey, it was between Corey's grandmother and CG. BM never had custody of BM.

During this time your son CG actually lost custody of Corey.
DG: yes

Attorney: So Corey actually lived with you during the time he attended kindergarten.
DG: I dont remember if it was kindergarten or first.

Attorney: You just testify you were so involved with Corey’s school you didn’t even know what grade he was in.

DG: I was.

You weren’t having daily contact with Corey when you lived in Monroe and Corey lived in Barnegat with the defendant.

DG: We did pretty good between my wife and I

Unattended/unintended confusion

DG: CG was at the hospital when Corey passed. I know what an unintended death is.

DG confirmed his son CG wasn’t at the hospital when he arrived.

State had no further questions

Defense is back up.

DG explains conversations with son (wife there too) and that the next day his son Christopher goes to meet with BM. The police are called for shots fired.
They search his car and found marijuana paraphernalia and he (CG) is arrested and he lost custody Feb 14. He regained custody a month later.

Carol takes the stand: (1:22 timestamp)

Mother of the defendant

Had a grandson Corey

She confirmed the time Corey moved in with her and her husband David - August 2020

They were looking for homes and asked Corey about the bruise on his forehead- He said he fell off the treadmill - Corey was fine - he was energetic that day, she was worried about traffic - Christopher was fine. He wanted to find a house for him, Corey, and the dog.

Claims to not have seen the treadmill video

1:37
State: were you waiting in the hallway before you came to testify?
Carol Yes
State: were you waiting with your husband Mr Gregor
Carol: prior to, yeah.
State: did he get a change to tell you about his testimony before you came in today
Carol: He just told me that he broke down a little bit - I wanted to know how he felt

March 22 (2021) looking for houses and saw the bruise on Cory. She doesn’t recall telling LE about the bruise.
The state showed Carol the report which disclosed no report made by her about the bruise (date of report April 2, 2021). State: In her opinion seeing the bruise on Corey’s forehead wasn’t important enough to disclose to LE.

March 22, 2021 Carol never saw Corey again

As Carol is driving to hospital her son Danny is calling her.
He is telling her about threats received.
Defendant not at the hospital when Carol arrived.

Carol claims being unaware BM did not know her son had passed away.

The state covered the part about Carol and David talking about Danny and Kim (other G children) are home and fine.
She (Carol) agreed.

Carol confirmed that CG in the state of TN at the time. It’s about a 11 hour drive.

Defense is up.

CG came home on April 4 (2021)

Nothing more from the defense.

The Judge is speaking.

Judge is asking Carol about threats, assaults family may have received.
Judge asked how she remembered he was home April 4. Because it was Easter, she said.

Judge asked if she and her husband made plans to fly to TN. She said no.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roseashley592
Back