NJ - Trial of Christopher Gregor Allegedly Beat 6-Year-OId Son to Death

It’s disgusting that some posters here think the mother should also be charged. Gannon Stauch’s father was off-limits. Lindsay Clancy’s husband is off-limits. But when the child is indisputably harmed by the father, suddenly the mother is fair game too. Here, there is literal video evidence of abuse. And yet there’s still someone saying “yes, I understand the video but what about the mother?” Appalling.

Wow what a find!

From transcript:

"She was raped at 16 by a 21 year old Monroe Township man who had a younger brother who knew my daughter and was in school with her when these rumors were going around. I believe his brother sought her out because he knew she was an easy target given her low self esteem. He drugged her, raped her, and got her pregnant. We didn't know about the rape until a few months after my grandson was born. We assumed the father was a boy my daughter was dating. After five years the father came into the picture. He got 50/50 custody, he abused my grandson on his first visit and killed him on April 2 2021."
Well now. Remember when Gregor's father was testifying, he kept trying to slip in mean tidbits against Corey. And accusing the family of throwing eggs, hamhocks at his house amd by inference misconduct with unflattering social media posts with the creep behind bars. And that Corey did worse in school re focusing when he lived with M family. And that the Gregors spent a lot of time looking for schools that were "good enough" for the boy. (By not so subtle inference his mother's family let him go to inferior schools.) Oh Mr Gregor you are so transparent. On and on with the genteel but sharp verbal daggers stuck into the victims.
Now remember when there was so much confusion as to why Daniel was not going to testify about supposed, completely unproven "threats" by RM the night Corey was murdered. Seems like the plan was to use Daniel's hearsay to the gma, to gpa, as proof of threat which caused poor sonny boy to bolt from the hospital leaving his son dead but still very warm.

So didn't one of the grandparents say that Daniel was CG's younger brother?

And, didn't the father say that after they heard CG was the bio father, "someone" was telling them that the father could be a different man? Paraphrased.

Note paternity of Corey was proven, when, 5 years ago? 4?

I was really curious why mr gregor would take that kind of potshot at Breanna, the insinuation clearly, imo, that she had had other lovers.
So I wondered who gpa could have been speaking to spread that rumor, apparently trying to get character assignation into court.

Ya know, that word "voilà" sure does fit sometimes.

Last edited:

More speculation, but did all this start with the protection of CG by his father??? Does Chari Chanley KNOW CG's father. And this is why Breanna was not protected back in Monroe Township??

Maybe just coincidence...but wow on following the threads.

I think the Defense will ask the mother what time she returned the child to his father on the day the child died.

JMO

From your link:
Carolyn Gregor, during her testimony, said Christopher called her hysterical from the hospital on the day Corey died and cast blame for Corey's condition on the child's mother after she had failed to return him to his father's custody until 9 a.m. that morning, after keeping him out until 1:30 a.m.

"What did she do to him?!" Carolyn Gregor said her son screamed into the phone.

The judge said the jury would not be allowed to hear that testimony.

I think the Defense will ask the mother what time she returned the child to his father on the day the child died.

JMO

From your link:
Carolyn Gregor, during her testimony, said Christopher called her hysterical from the hospital on the day Corey died and cast blame for Corey's condition on the child's mother after she had failed to return him to his father's custody until 9 a.m. that morning, after keeping him out until 1:30 a.m.

"What did she do to him?!" Carolyn Gregor said her son screamed into the phone.

The judge said the jury would not be allowed to hear that testimony.
It's already entered into court evidence, the time she returned her son, the last time she saw him alive. Proven via cellphone video.

The testimony of the witness, forensic pathologist and ex ME is the core of the case so far. Corey's most severe wounds were inflicted on him at least 4 hours before the defendant took him to the hospital, or before his death. Within that time frame, not specific hour. Said it could not have been before Breanna brought him back.

Last edited:
I found this article last night where Breanna details her previous reports to DCPP.

After a subsequent visit around Halloween 2019, Corey came home with what Breanna thought looked like rug burn. It started at the top of his face and extended down his arms and legs. The young boy also had a slap mark on his face.

“Corey told me his father told him he was fat and made him run on the treadmill,” Breanna said. “What looked like rug burns were probably from him falling on the rubber on the treadmill.”

Breanna reached out to DCPP directly this time and said Gregor admitted to putting their son on the treadmill. The caseworker told him not to do it again – a mandate Gregor appears to have ignored. According to Breanna, the prosecutor’s office based its endangerment charges on an incident captured on video that involved a treadmill in the clubhouse gym where he resided in Barnegat.

As a mom, Breanna knew she needed to protect her son and couldn’t wait for DCPP to intervene. She convinced Gregor to allow her to spend overnights and says he demanded sex from her as part of their arrangement. Ultimately, the young woman found she couldn’t take it anymore and went home to stay with her mother in Englishtown.

Corey just wanted to be accepted by his father:
“When we would pick up Corey from preschool, he would ask why he didn’t have a daddy to pick him up,” Rebecca explained. “I began thinking about how kids make things for their fathers in school, and he didn’t have one. Besides, Corey kept asking and just wanted a dad.”

I found this article last night where Breanna details her previous reports to DCPP.

Corey just wanted to be accepted by his father:
Has DCPP testified or made any public comment?

My state's child protective services division only takes seriously the reports from mandated reporters such as teachers, doctors, police. I know because my daughter went through it with her toddler daughter. Her regular pediatrician immediately sent them to the Children's Hospital for a forensic medical examination, where they also took photos of her injuries. She was too young to have a forensic interview by LE but the next stop was the Domestic Violence Courthouse. Based on the photos and hospital report, the Judge did order an EOP. When the father failed to show up for the hearing, it became a 2-year protection order.

JMO

Well now. Remember when Gregor's father was testifying, he kept trying to slip in mean tidbits against Corey. And accusing the family of throwing eggs, hamhocks at his house amd by inference misconduct with unflattering social media posts with the creep behind bars. And that Corey did worse in school re focusing when he lived with M family. And that the Gregors spent a lot of time looking for schools that were "good enough" for the boy. (By not so subtle inference his mother's family let him go to inferior schools.) Oh Mr Gregor you are so transparent. On and on with the genteel but sharp verbal daggers stuck into the victims.
Now remember when there was so much confusion as to why Daniel was not going to testify about supposed, completely unproven "threats" by RM the night Corey was murdered. Seems like the plan was to use Daniel's hearsay to the gma, to gpa, as proof of threat which caused poor sonny boy to bolt from the hospital leaving his son dead but still very warm.

So didn't one of the grandparents say that Daniel was CG's younger brother?

And, didn't the father say that after they heard CG was the bio father, "someone" was telling them that the father could be a different man? Paraphrased.

Note paternity of Corey was proven, when, 5 years ago? 4?

I was really curious why mr gregor would take that kind of potshot at Breanna, the insinuation clearly, imo, that she had had other lovers.
So I wondered who gpa could have been speaking to spread that rumor, apparently trying to get character assignation into court.

Ya know, that word "voilà" sure does fit sometimes.
It's as if Gramps has such deep seated cognitive dissonance, such total blankness as to the situation he is in. Here he is, extolling his parenting skills, he waits for the bus, he goes over the class notes, he searches out the old toys and equipment for his grandson, he and his lady wife, full of the milk of human kindness even go real estate shopping, no finer accolade could be given to parents who do this, grandma , ditto. And , ridiculously, he whinges about the mother of Corey, her unsuitability due to factors Gramps regards as important, like Christophers pending Masters degree, which is useless really, if his mind turns to murder.

His and Granma's attempt at testimony would have gone a lot better if they could have contained their bone deep fixation on their superiority, compared to , say, Breanna. Compared to a lot of other people, Pa and Ma were simply thugs in polyester, of no intellect whatsoever. The judge could hardly contain himself at their temerity. Granpa even got offended at an actual judge questioning him. .. like,.. what does this bloke know? doesn't he know I 'm a law enforcer? .. to a judge!

Totally unaware of the fact that there sits their son, charged with the murder, a hideous hands on , deliberate calculated murder of his own 6 yr old son. Where did the son learn his parenting from?

And they knew he was unpredictably violent, his chosen response to being thwarted and exasperated was violence. They knew this because they obviously had parted with wads of cash for lawyers for him before. Some heavy lifting must have happened to keep Gregor Jnr out of prison, all things considered. And they let this precious grandson go off with him to his own apartment.

( I have to hand it to the good citizens of New Jersey, never in my life have I heard of people hurling hamhocks at houses in response to civil outrage... that detail slayed me ) ..

It's as if Gramps has such deep seated cognitive dissonance, such total blankness as to the situation he is in. Here he is, extolling his parenting skills, he waits for the bus, he goes over the class notes, he searches out the old toys and equipment for his grandson, he and his lady wife, full of the milk of human kindness even go real estate shopping, no finer accolade could be given to parents who do this, grandma , ditto. And , ridiculously, he whinges about the mother of Corey, her unsuitability due to factors Gramps regards as important, like Christophers pending Masters degree, which is useless really, if his mind turns to murder.

His and Granma's attempt at testimony would have gone a lot better if they could have contained their bone deep fixation on their superiority, compared to , say, Breanna. Compared to a lot of other people, Pa and Ma were simply thugs in polyester, of no intellect whatsoever. The judge could hardly contain himself at their temerity. Granpa even got offended at an actual judge questioning him. .. like,.. what does this bloke know? doesn't he know I 'm a law enforcer? .. to a judge!

Totally unaware of the fact that there sits their son, charged with the murder, a hideous hands on , deliberate calculated murder of his own 6 yr old son. Where did the son learn his parenting from?

And they knew he was unpredictably violent, his chosen response to being thwarted and exasperated was violence. They knew this because they obviously had parted with wads of cash for lawyers for him before. Some heavy lifting must have happened to keep Gregor Jnr out of prison, all things considered. And they let this precious grandson go off with him to his own apartment.

( I have to hand it to the good citizens of New Jersey, never in my life have I heard of people hurling hamhocks at houses in response to civil outrage... that detail slayed me ) ..
One other thing Gregor said that I find illuminating. Sadly.

He said they were figuring out what food Corey liked, what toys, etc.

Then he said because we don't want to "browbeat" him just to find out what he likes to eat.

What the heck? Where did browbeat come from in relation to a six year old?

Is that what CG was doing to Corey all the time?

Like a family tradition?

These ppl give away how they treated Corey every time they open their mouths.

Last edited:

verb (used with object)​

, brow·beat, brow·beat·en, brow·beat·ing.
  1. to intimidate by overbearing looks or words; bully:
    They browbeat him into agreeing.
    Synonyms: coerce, harass, badger, cow, tyrannize

It's already entered into court evidence, the time she returned her son, the last time she saw him alive. Proven via cellphone video.

The testimony of the witness, forensic pathologist and ex ME is the core of the case so far. Corey's most severe wounds were inflicted on him at least 4 hours before the defendant took him to the hospital, or before his death. Within that time frame, not specific hour. Said it could not have been before Breanna brought him back.
BBM. I watched his testimony on the Court TV clip below and I didn't hear Dr. Andrews say that.

Dr. Andrews said the traumatic injuries were inflicted 4 to 12 hours prior to his death. I didn't hear him mention that he concluded it could not have happened before Breanna returned him to his father's care. She testified she returned him at 9:03 AM. His father rushed him into the ER at 3:48 PM. It is a fact his mother had him in her care for several hours during that window of time.

JMO

NJ v. Christopher Gregor: Treadmill Abuse Murder Trial
Dr. Thomas Andrew believes Corey suffered an acute traumatic injury to the heart 4-12 hours before his death.
Breanna Micciolo returned her 6-year-old son Corey Micciolo to his father’s home in Barnegat on April 2, 2021, at 9:03 a.m.
At 3:48 p.m. that same day, Corey’s father, Christopher Gregor, carried Corey’s limp body into the emergency room at Southern Ocean Medical Center. Just over an hour later, at 5:03 p.m., Corey Micciolo was pronounced dead.

Per transcript below of Breanna's mother speaking to Chari Chanley at Monroe Township, who at the time was the principal at Breanna's school when she was raped and asked for help, so mom could home school Breanna because of horrible rumors being spread about her daughter {which rumors???}.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
" ....those friends that had been in my home daily, had started a nasty rumor about my daughter. It spread throughout the school quickly. My daughter was being called names and bullied daily. I contacted the principal Ms. Chanley, who said she would look into it. Things only got worse. My daughter didn't want to go to school. She became physically ill if I pushed her to go. She wanted to die and had plans to make that happen.

I took her to a psychiatrist who diagnosed her with PTSD. The doctor recommended my daughter get home instruction until she was stable. I communicated this to Ms. Chanley, the guidance office, and the school nurse. I inquired about home instruction and was told it would be considered.
I was surprised one morning, just after that, when a Monroe Township police officer knocked on my door. The police officer was sent by Ms. Chanley to drag my daughter into school."
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I want to know WHO sent LE to intimate Breanna and her mother?? Is this normal practice just for asking the principal if a child could be home schooled??

AND what rumors? Something to coverup a rape?
This is quite the rabbit hole.

WHY isnt Nancy Grace covering this? Or anyone?

Chari Chanley goes ballistic when confronted by grieving grandma who exposes Chanley for bullying​

BBM. I watched his testimony on the Court TV clip below and I didn't hear Dr. Andrews say that.

Dr. Andrews said the traumatic injuries were inflicted 4 to 12 hours prior to his death. I didn't hear him mention that he concluded it could not have happened before Breanna returned him to his father's care. She testified she returned him at 9:03 AM. His father rushed him into the ER at 3:48 PM. It is a fact his mother had him in her care for several hours during that window of time.

JMO

NJ v. Christopher Gregor: Treadmill Abuse Murder Trial
Dr. Thomas Andrew believes Corey suffered an acute traumatic injury to the heart 4-12 hours before his death.
Breanna Micciolo returned her 6-year-old son Corey Micciolo to his father’s home in Barnegat on April 2, 2021, at 9:03 a.m.
At 3:48 p.m. that same day, Corey’s father, Christopher Gregor, carried Corey’s limp body into the emergency room at Southern Ocean Medical Center. Just over an hour later, at 5:03 p.m., Corey Micciolo was pronounced dead.
Yes, he did say that it couldn't have happened before she brought him back. Referred to video. Maybe you missed part that wasn't subsequently excerpted on the news.

Per transcript below of Breanna's mother speaking to Chari Chanley at Monroe Township, who at the time was the principal at Breanna's school when she was raped and asked for help, so mom could home school Breanna because of horrible rumors being spread about her daughter {which rumors???}.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
" ....those friends that had been in my home daily, had started a nasty rumor about my daughter. It spread throughout the school quickly. My daughter was being called names and bullied daily. I contacted the principal Ms. Chanley, who said she would look into it. Things only got worse. My daughter didn't want to go to school. She became physically ill if I pushed her to go. She wanted to die and had plans to make that happen.

I took her to a psychiatrist who diagnosed her with PTSD. The doctor recommended my daughter get home instruction until she was stable. I communicated this to Ms. Chanley, the guidance office, and the school nurse. I inquired about home instruction and was told it would be considered.
I was surprised one morning, just after that, when a Monroe Township police officer knocked on my door. The police officer was sent by Ms. Chanley to drag my daughter into school."
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I want to know WHO sent LE to intimate Breanna and her mother?? Is this normal practice just for asking the principal if a child could be home schooled??

Chari Chanley goes ballistic when confronted by grieving grandma who exposes Chanley for bullying​

Scary. So much for the principal being your "pal".

My granddaughter was also bullied by a group of girls who had once been her friends. Unless you have been very close to one of these campaigns of merciless harassment, you have no idea what the victim endures, at school, online, at activities…day after day after day…there is no refuge from the mockery, the lies, the hate.

Luckily, a move far away to another state…saved my granddaughter…but there are residual scars to this day…conflict avoidance, not wanting to stand out, etc.

I absolutely understand why B might have developed a drug problem…something to help her escape such relentless cruelty. It is beyond tragic that she then had to try maintain her sobriety while to co-parenting with another BULLY. A simple reading of the texts, his threats, sneers, etc. show that B had a new tormentor. They also show her trying hard to avoid conflict …that victim survival tactic …while she tries to stay within the demands of the court.

It’s heartbreaking.

She did her best in impossible circumstances. Imagine, knowing your child is being abused and feeling the Abuser had the upper hand in court…imagining you might have to surrender your baby to this man who hates him! I can only hope that life is kinder to her in years ahead.

No LE is going to enter a home without probable cause or a warrant. It sounds like it wasn't LE at her door but was DCF/LE were at the door checking on the well-being of her daughter. It's possible the Superintendent filed a report against the mother/grandmother because she claimed the child was suicidal.

If my daughter was raped at age 16 and I knew the age and name of the rapist, I most certainly would report it to LE. The rapist would serve a mandatory 4 years in prison.

JMO

No LE is going to enter a home without probable cause or a warrant. It sounds like it wasn't LE at her door but was DCF/LE were at the door checking on the well-being of her daughter. It's possible the Superintendent filed a report against the mother/grandmother because she claimed the child was suicidal.

If my daughter was raped at age 16 and I knew the age and name of the rapist, I most certainly would report it to LE. The rapist would serve a mandatory 4 years in prison.

JMO

Not sure how much you are following the case. Breanna did not tell her mother who the father was till Corey was 5.
DCF/LE is law enforcement to me. And IMO meant to intimate.

Breanna's mother asked for help. That is not what she got.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
holliryann
Back