NM - 10-month old baby ET safe after 5yo child injured, mother and friend murdered, suspect in maroon Honda, Clovis, 3 May 2024 *suspect in custody*

The fact that the victims had no clue who this man was makes me think he was some kind of stalker. Maybe he thought he was ET's father, but I'm not sure. Also, he was arrested by narcotics officers? IMO, it seems the investigation into this man had no connection to ET's abduction at the time, but LE just found her in the home when searching it.

I still wonder if AC had some sort of accomplice. If so, I'm sure he'll talk about it. These types of criminals always like to sell out their buddies if they end up getting caught.

QUOTE="PommyMommy, post: 18883900, member: 219325"]
MAY 6, 2024
Rick Tomlin, city of Abilene, Texas, spokesman, said on the city's website that Collins is also being charged with aggravated robbery and assault on a peace officer.

Tomlin said at about 4:30 a.m. Monday, narcotic agents set up surveillance on a home where they eventually found and arrested Collins.
[/QUOTE]
Was the baby going to be trafficked I wonder?

The fact that the victims had no clue who this man was makes me think he was some kind of stalker. Maybe he thought he was ET's father, but I'm not sure. Also, he was arrested by narcotics officers? IMO, it seems the investigation into this man had no connection to ET's abduction at the time, but LE just found her in the home when searching it.

I still wonder if AC had some sort of accomplice. If so, I'm sure he'll talk about it. These types of criminals always like to sell out their buddies if they end up getting caught.
According to the press release from the City of Abilene, they did know they were looking for the suspect and the baby. They were notified by the FBI on Sunday.

ABILENE, TX – On Sunday, May 5, 2024, the Federal Bureau of Investigations notified Abilene Police that a suspect wanted in Clovis, New Mexico, for the Homicide of two individuals, injuring a 5-year-old, and abducting an infant may be in Abilene. Officers located a home in North Abilene where the suspect was reportedly staying. At 4:30 a.m. on Monday, May 6, narcotic agents set up surveillance on the home, and the subject was eventually taken into custody without incident.

A 10-month-old female who was abducted by the suspect was taken into protective custody and was evaluated by medical personnel.

The suspect, Alek Isaiah Collins, 26-years-old of Manvel, TX., is being held on charges of Aggravated Robbery and Assault on a Peace Officer. Other charges are pending. The suspect has a United States Marshal Hold placed on him reference the New Mexico murders and kidnapping charge.

Respectfully

Rick Tomlin
Public Information Coordinator

According to the press release from the City of Abilene, they did know they were looking for the suspect and the baby. They were notified by the FBI on Sunday.

ABILENE, TX – On Sunday, May 5, 2024, the Federal Bureau of Investigations notified Abilene Police that a suspect wanted in Clovis, New Mexico, for the Homicide of two individuals, injuring a 5-year-old, and abducting an infant may be in Abilene. Officers located a home in North Abilene where the suspect was reportedly staying. At 4:30 a.m. on Monday, May 6, narcotic agents set up surveillance on the home, and the subject was eventually taken into custody without incident.

A 10-month-old female who was abducted by the suspect was taken into protective custody and was evaluated by medical personnel.

The suspect, Alek Isaiah Collins, 26-years-old of Manvel, TX., is being held on charges of Aggravated Robbery and Assault on a Peace Officer. Other charges are pending. The suspect has a United States Marshal Hold placed on him reference the New Mexico murders and kidnapping charge.

Respectfully

Rick Tomlin
Public Information Coordinator
In that case, I wonder what evidence they had against him before finding him with ET. Cell phone data comes to mind first, for me. It would place him in the park at the time of the murders.

I pondered over security footage and/or witness accounts, but I believe a suspect description would've been released with the AMBER Alert in that case, right?

Either way, I'm sure we'll find out more about this man's intentions as this case progresses further. I've heard news that the five-year-old girl's health status won't be released, and I can respect that. Hoping she makes a full recovery.

Cell phone data comes to mind first, for me. It would place him in the park at the time of the murders.
This was my only thought to in terms of identifying someone in the area at the time. Since FBI were the ones who tipped off Abilene PD that the suspect may be in their area, it sounds less like a tip off and more like data identifying a name and then locating the residence or origin of the cell phone maybe? I don't know... typing it out I'm realizing how many pieces would have to fall in place for cell phone data to be the means of identifying and locating this man.

In that case, I wonder what evidence they had against him before finding him with ET. Cell phone data comes to mind first, for me. It would place him in the park at the time of the murders.

I pondered over security footage and/or witness accounts, but I believe a suspect description would've been released with the AMBER Alert in that case, right?

Either way, I'm sure we'll find out more about this man's intentions as this case progresses further. I've heard news that the five-year-old girl's health status won't be released, and I can respect that. Hoping she makes a full recovery.
Someone who knows him, knows what kind of car he drives, and knew he went to NM could have called in a tip after hearing about the Honda car part found at the scene. MOO

I clipped a sticker off Alek’s SM - it’s from 2020 makes me think he didn’t just become a terrible person. It said:

I can’t mess with people that don’t understand it’s really about the principle of things.
The situation may be small but out of all the ways you could’ve moved, you chose to move that way?

So thankful that precious baby E was found safe.

removed file that was too large.

Last edited:

Abilene Police spokesman Rick Tomlin said the suspect is Alek Isaiah Collins, 26, who is from Manvel, Texas, a Houston suburb. "He has no ties to any of the people in the homicides or the infant nor to Abilene," Tomlin said.

Clovis Deputy Police Chief Trevor Thron said the suspect was located "though investigative leads, through witness statements, videos and cell phone records, including some GPS investigation as well."

Ninth Judicial District Attorney Quentin Ray said he will file two open counts of murder, first-degree kidnapping and two counts of child abuse against the suspect. He expects federal charges will also be filed. Tomlin said the U.S. Marshal's Office has a "hold" on Collins, meaning he cannot be released without federal approval.

Abilene Police spokesman Rick Tomlin said the suspect is Alek Isaiah Collins, 26, who is from Manvel, Texas, a Houston suburb. "He has no ties to any of the people in the homicides or the infant nor to Abilene," Tomlin said.

Clovis Deputy Police Chief Trevor Thron said the suspect was located "though investigative leads, through witness statements, videos and cell phone records, including some GPS investigation as well."

Ninth Judicial District Attorney Quentin Ray said he will file two open counts of murder, first-degree kidnapping and two counts of child abuse against the suspect. He expects federal charges will also be filed. Tomlin said the U.S. Marshal's Office has a "hold" on Collins, meaning he cannot be released without federal approval.

Soooo narcotic agents being involved makes me wonder…is it possible this perp took the baby as payment for a failed drug deal? By “any of the people in the homicide” does that include the children’s fathers?

I could only see someone driving 4 hours to kidnap a baby if they were a rejected past/present romantic partner, mistaken in thinking the child was theirs, to pay off a drug debt, as a target for trafficking, or a budding serial child kidnapper that somehow tracked one or both of these women online. This seems a bit off to be related to a custody issue.

It's absolutely wild that the perp appears to be unknown to the victims. Thank goodness he has been taken off the streets because anyone capable of shooting two innocent women and a 5 year old, then kidnapping the baby is an extremely dangerous individual. It will be interesting to find out the motive behind all of this.

QUOTE="PommyMommy, post: 18883900, member: 219325"]
MAY 6, 2024
Rick Tomlin, city of Abilene, Texas, spokesman, said on the city's website that Collins is also being charged with aggravated robbery and assault on a peace officer.

Tomlin said at about 4:30 a.m. Monday, narcotic agents set up surveillance on a home where they eventually found and arrested Collins.
Was the baby going to be trafficked I wonder?
[/QUOTE]

Houston has a human trafficking problem.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
18breighard
Back