NM NM - Patty Pritz, 14, & Mattie Restine, 13, Carlsbad, 11 Aug 1961 - #2

I am very sorry to hear that, his good work will endure. Rest in Peace.

Yes his good work will endure. I just wish I had been able to visit with him one time before his death. Our family appreciated all the compassionate times Jim really helped him understand how the sytem worked. And what we could expect from the Exdy County Sheriff's Dept . Our hearts go out to his wife and his children and grandchildren. May God Bless You All.

So sorry to hear Mr. Estrada is gone. I'd hoped he might still be working on this case after leaving ECSO. Maybe he was, and hopefully, Anne, you will get any papers he might have still hung onto.

No one at ECSO pursued this case like he did, and he did a great service for you, Anne!

A reminder...

http://www.kasa.com/dpps/news/investigative/50-year-old-murder-mystery-still-resonates_3992050
The girls’ story begins on Aug. 11, 1961.

"On that hot Friday evening, Patty Pritz, 14, and Mattie Restine, 13, followed the crowd to The Beach, a local amusement park where Carlsbad kids hung out.

Anne Self remembered the last time she saw her younger sister, Mattie.

“Well, we had a fight,” Self said. “She wanted to wear my shoes and since I wasn’t going to get to go, I told her, ‘No.’ And she went and asked my mom if she could wear my shoes and mom said, ‘Yeah.’ And I was mad.”

Janis Isaacs, a friend of Patty’s, told News 13 she was at The Beach that night and saw the two girls.

“They had on sailor outfits that were sort of matching,” she said. “And I think we were at one of the carousels or something and … I just waved and (Patty) waved back and smiled. That was the last time I ever saw her.”

Witnesses saw Patty and Mattie leave The Beach about 8:40 p.m. No one except their killer ever saw them alive again.

An eyewitness later told police he saw two girls strolling down the sidewalk on Mesquite Street in town when a man in his mid-20s driving a 1955 or ’56 light-colored Chevrolet sedan stopped in front of them. The witness said the man got out of the car and began talking with the girls. A brief scuffle followed, perhaps even a shriek. The man hustled the girls into his car and sped off.

“My mother was just frantic,” Self said. “I mean, she was just out of her head. She kept saying, ‘Something’s wrong. Someone’s hurting my baby. Something’s not right.’ ”

Two days later, rabbit hunters confirmed Mattie’s mother’s intuition. Shortly after 1 p.m., the hunters discovered the two girls’ bodies dumped in the scrub brush 13 miles outside of town in a rugged area known as the Rocky Arroyo. Both had been shot execution-style in the head at close range."

Next week marks 51 years with no answers about Mattie Restine and Patty Pritz and who killed them, August 11,1961, Carlsbad.

So sorry to hear Mr. Estrada is gone. I'd hoped he might still be working on this case after leaving ECSO. Maybe he was, and hopefully, Anne, you will get any papers he might have still hung onto.

No one at ECSO pursued this case like he did, and he did a great service for you, Anne!

Yes you are right. Retired Deputy Jim Estrada did work on this case. And he also treated our families with upmost repect. I appreciated how he answered my Dads questions and took the time so he could understand what was going on with the investigastion. He made our families feel like Mattie and Patty's deaths were important and something that needed to be solved.. He didn't act like they were some wild rabbit s that were shot out there and left . They were someones loved ones. They were human beings.
I've asked questions that still haven't been answered by the ECSO. I'm still waiting on the answers of those questions. DOes anyone know where a Eugene Norris is....he was one of the suspects best friends. I thought he might talk with the ECSo and tell them what he and this suspect use to do when they went cruising up and down the streets in Carlsbad.

Please if anyone has information regarding Mattie and Patty's deaths go by and see the ECSO or some law enforcement officers that will listen and try to help solve this case. Our families would greatly appreciate it.

There's one in Alamogordoaged 65+. Checking neighboring states...

Do you have a middle initial or can someone find one in an old high school annual or something?

Found one in Houston, one in San Antonio. Both men over age 65.

Will keep checking...

Do you have a middle initial or can someone find one in an old high school annual or something?

Will keep checking...

Clifford Eugene Norris. Nickname 'Buddy'

Will keep checking...

Clifford Eugene Norris. Nickname 'Buddy'. He lived at 409 S.Sixth St.Carlsbad

Today, I am thinking about two girls Mattie Restine and Pattie Pritz, who if alive today,probably would be celebrating a 64th birthday with children and grandchildren. On August 11,1961 Carlsbad New Mexico, all future happy-endings, ended for these girls,I hope that after 51 years this case will be solved!
Sunshine 1950, maybe this is the year that will really shine!

Today, I am thinking about two girls Mattie Restine and Pattie Pritz, who if alive today,probably would be celebrating a 64th birthday with children and grandchildren. On August 11,1961 Carlsbad New Mexico, all future happy-endings, ended for these girls,I hope that after 51 years this case will be solved!
Sunshine 1950, maybe this is the year that will really shine!

Thank you dotr
I guess I'm a little down right now. So many of the individuals that could give information about this case have passed away and the ones that are left aren't talking. And I really feel like none of the law enforcement agencies care whether the case is solved or not. I keep telling myself that these people will one day pay for their deeds when they are judged by God. But that's not really what I want. I just want to k now 'why'? Why they were killed. Someone out there knows. Please come forward and let
our families have some answers about our loved ones senseless deaths.

Sunshine1950, The burden of those awful deeds left to you, is terrible , beyond unfair and too heavy to carry alone.Your dear family would be so proud of you and sorry too, for all you have endured in the name of love and justice.

Please, please- if anyone, anywhere has an inkling of who is responsible for that shameful crime, say something, tell someone, write a letter, give a hint even, you might feel a lot better and so would everyone else.

Sunshine1950, The burden of those awful deeds left to you, is terrible , beyond unfair and too heavy to carry alone.Your dear family would be so proud of you and sorry too, for all you have endured in the name of love and justice.

Please, please- if anyone, anywhere has an inkling of who is responsible for that shameful crime, say something, tell someone, write a letter, give a hint even, you might feel a lot better and so would everyone else.
Yes that 's what wewe need. Someone to come in and tell what they know. There needs to be a starting point and then maybe something new will surface. Anything would be appreciated.

Yes, it can be solved!
Very excited to read this in paper this morning, makes me wonder if maybe (as possibly suggested by another poster?) that there might be a connection..

http://www.thestar.com/news/world/a...-cold-case-killing-of-7-year-old-girl-in-1957

"SYCAMORE, ILL.—A 72-year-old man was convicted Friday in the 1957 slaying of a 7-year-old school girl whom he abducted as she played on a street corner in the small Illinois town where they lived just blocks from each other.

Judge James Hallock pronounced Jack McCullough guilty of murder, kidnapping and abduction in one of the oldest cold-case murders to go to trial in the United States.

McCullough was around 17 on the snowy night in December more than 50 years ago when second-grader Maria Ridulph went missing in Sycamore, about 60 miles west of Chicago. He later enlisted in the military, and ultimately settled in Seattle where he worked as a Washington state police officer"

http://washingtonexaminer.com/ex-cop-convicted-in-1957-murder-of-ill.-girl-7/article/feed/2030298
A deathbed accusation by McCullough's mother in 1994 — passed on to police by his half-sister in 2008 — that she knew her son killed the girl led to a chain of events that brought about his conviction.

His mother, Eileen Tessier, had lied to police canvassing the neighborhood in 1957 about her son's whereabouts, buttressing his alibi, prosecutor Julie Trevartchen said Friday.

"She knew what she did and she didn't want to die with that on her conscience," she said

Thank You Ouiser for finding this address.
I was told that Mattie and Patty got in the car with this man called "ARKIE" on Church St that night. I dont know if the ECSO questioned this man or not...but I do believe the grounds of that building needs to be looked over. I know it's been a wile since the girls were killed...but this look over needs to be done. Also they need to check this man's records our. If some of these girles workded for this man...then he knew them...

Did anyone ever have more info. on 'Arkie"?

Has DNA ever been compared to this guy?
David Parker Ray - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
"David Parker Ray (November 6, 1939 – May 28, 2002) was a suspected American serial killer and known torturer of women. Though no bodies were found, he was accused by his accomplices of killing several people and suspected by police to have murdered as many as sixty people from Arizona and Albuquerque, New Mexico area, while living in the town of Truth or Consequences, New Mexico, which none of his victims were from"

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nahnah_2015
Back