NM NM - Patty Pritz, 14, & Mattie Restine, 13, Carlsbad, 11 Aug 1961 - #2

Thanks for keeping this forum going. I haven't been good at keeping out in the public eye. But I haven't given up. Noone has talked abot the Arkie connection. The law enforcement agency aren't working on the case as far as I know. And they haven't called me qith any information in over a year now. It's like they don't care. As far as DNA goes they didn't do the correct tests when they did the tests, so I know they will not do them. I still believe that the Blair guy killed the girles and why it's been ignored I'll never know.

Thanks for keeping this forum going. I haven't been good at keeping out in the public eye. But I haven't given up. Noone has talked abot the Arkie connection. The law enforcement agency aren't working on the case as far as I know. And they haven't called me qith any information in over a year now. It's like they don't care. As far as DNA goes they didn't do the correct tests when they did the tests, so I know they will not do them. I still believe that the Blair guy killed the girles and why it's been ignored I'll never know.

Bumping for Mattie & Patty's unsolved case. Please continue to work on this case. I appreciate all of you putting in your opions and other information regarding this case

Thinking of Mattie Restine and Patty Pritz and hoping that soon this case will be cracked, I know it can be done with just a little help of some kind from somewhere.Does anyone have a tip to kickstart an investigation into the unsolved murder of Mattie and Patty, on August 11 1961?

Hello Sunshine 1950, hope you are keeping well and strong, this will all be sorted out one day!

Thinking of Mattie Restine and Patty Pritz and hoping that soon this case will be cracked, I know it can be done with just a little help of some kind from somewhere.Does anyone have a tip to kickstart an investigation into the unsolved murder of Mattie and Patty, on August 11 1961?

If you aren't familiar with Mattie &Patty's unsolved murder case please go to PART ONE and read all of the information that has been posted. This case can be solved, it just meeds to ne worked on. Thank you.

What has to happen in order to have DNA analyzed again? The technology has advanced so much - that surely by now some answers can be found.

Wishing all the best for your family Sunshine 1950, maybe this will be the lucky year to find the truth!

It cannot be possible that 2 young girls could be murdered in cold blood and not a soul knows the why and the who, of this dreadful crime. ..

Something stuck out for me and that was a statement from the coroner who said they body was too advanced in decomp. to tell if she had been raped. According to the story the girls bodies were found within 36 hours of the disappearance. Was this the best they could do in 1961 or is that another one of the obvious hurdles the family has to fight with the investigators to get this case solved. 36 hours doesn't seem that long even in the hot weather of Carlsbad. Hot weather that is desert like, low humidity what I think of when thinking of Carlsbad NM.

Good points, hope they get looked at again- still rooting for Mattie and Patty and wondering when more info.will be found.

Just found these pics of HUNTERS who found the girls...
There are some unpleasant pics. contained within link.
http://s740.photobucket.com/user/ma...pg.html?&_suid=136690181682604950359963179457

Summer is here and thoughts turn to Mattie and Patty, aged 13 and 14 who went for a swim and were never seen alive again.
Who could, would - brutalize two little girls and just carry on as if they were nothing.
These girls meant the world to those who loved them and still do!
Wishing all the best for Sunshine 1950 and answers that are elusive, but not impossible to obtain.
Any takers?

post 439 Sunshine 1950

NM NM - Double murder of Mattie Restine (13) & Patty Pritz (14), Carlsbad, 1961 - #1 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community
rbbm.

" Mattie Catherine Restine and Patty Sue Pritz Murder Case
Eddy County Sheriff's Department, Carlsbad, New Mexico
Mattie Catherine and Patty Sue Pritz/Murder Case was re-opened by the Eddy County Sheriff's Department in 2003

This information came from that investigation:

Investigator Estrada continued to seek information from the public that had been in the area at the time of the murders. One citizen that he met stated that he remembered the murders of the two young girls quite well. He stated that he worked at a local potash mine and the Bill Melton (one of the men that found the girls bodies) worked there also. He stated that he remembered overhearing a conversation between Bill Melton and the shift foreman. According to this citizen, Mr. Melton had commented that on the day the girls were found was the first time he and Willie Blair ( the other man that found the bodies) had ever been hunting for anything. He stated that Melton had indicated that as they were driving down the road that he remembered that Blair from a good distance from where the girls were had started telling him to look over and that when he did he could not see what Blair was talking about. He stated (citizen) that Melton stated that it wasn't until they were almost up to the bodies that he saw one of the bodies and returned to town to call the police. He (citizen) stated that Mr. Melton had made mention that he felt like Blair knew the bodies were there before they had even gone to the site. The investgator asked if he (citizen) if he had ever conversed with Mr. Melton about what he had seen or done and he (citizen) stated that he hadn't for some reason which very well could have been that they were not on the same crew and shift."

http://www.krqe.com/dpp/news/larry_barker/50-year-old-murder-mystery-still-resonates

"STORY HIGHLIGHTS

• Just over 50 yeas ago, two girls Patty Pritz, 14, and Mattie Restine, 13 were brutally murdered. Their killer was never found.

• Witnesses saw Patty and Mattie leave 'The Beach' in Carlsbad, NM about 8:40 p.m. on August 11, 1961. No one except their killer ever saw them alive again.

• Two days later, rabbit hunters discovered the two girls’ bodies dumped in the scrub brush 13 miles outside of town in a rugged area known as the Rocky Arroyo.

• Today, the case is assigned to Eddy County sheriff’s investigator Richard Sillas, who will continue to investigate if new leads come to light.
"
• If anyone has information regarding the case, contact the Eddy County Sheriff's Office (575) 887-7553

Thinking of you today Sunshine 1950 on this sad anniversary of the loss of your dear sister Mattie Restine and her friend Patty Pritz.

Bumping this case up - it would be great if it could finally be solved.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rabbitfoot
Back