Norway Norway - Arjen Kamphuis, 47, Dutch citizen, Bodø, 20 Aug 2018 - #2

Nothing seems what it is and do not know why,but today I was thinking about your post /theory about what could have happend...seems far fetched,but I do remember that about month after Arjens disappearance, the police posted a small motor boat that was found.
I think it must be odd to leave something unclaimed...
Twitter

Doesn't say no one claimed it though.

Doesn't say no one claimed it though.
Ok,forgot to post behind the sentence,att.

The boat with the outdoor motor was posted on several MSM,like Saltenposten,Avisa and several post on Mylder and twitter by LE Bodø.

GT:
"The police received a Saturday afternoon message about an 18-20 foot boat that is on the stretch between Steinsøya and Valnes in Bodø municipality. The boat is equipped with an outboard motor that is tilted up.

There is no information that would indicate that someone is missing."

From some post,I do understand that it was most likely,a worn out boat,so maybe that is the reason for leaving it behind?

Ok,forgot to post behind the sentence,att.

The boat with the outdoor motor was posted on several MSM,like Saltenposten,Avisa and several post on Mylder and twitter by LE Bodø.

GT:
"The police received a Saturday afternoon message about an 18-20 foot boat that is on the stretch between Steinsøya and Valnes in Bodø municipality. The boat is equipped with an outboard motor that is tilted up.

There is no information that would indicate that someone is missing."

From some post,I do understand that it was most likely,a worn out boat,so maybe that is the reason for leaving it behind?

If the outboard motor was tilted up, this boat was probably moored or attached to a yacht and for some reason got loose and drifted away.

This happens. If the owner was absent for a while, they may not have noticed and it may take some time before they pick it up.

Nowhere it is suggested that this boat was somehow left behind, let alone that there would be a connection with the disappearance of Arjen. BTW the Steinsøya and Valnes area is on the outside of the Saltstraumen.

If the outboard motor was tilted up, this boat was probably moored or attached to a yacht and for some reason got loose and drifted away.
This happens. If the owner was absent for a while, they may not have noticed and it may take some time before they pick it up.

Nowhere it is suggested that this boat was somehow left behind, let alone that there would be a connection with the disappearance of Arjen. BTW the Steinsøya and Valnes area is on the outside of the Saltstraumen.

Here is the picture. I can not enlarge it,(ATM) but seems to me that a paddle with a fishernet attached? Could have been many reasons why the outboard motor was lifted..,maybe fishing or peace time..it is NOT a speedboat but then again, I am not an expert on that.
The boat was drifting..,currents,weather..? .and was later called in,so the place where it was found..does not say that much (to me),if it matches the current or to leave it on purpose,who knows? ( I don't,that is for sure!)

And what about that ping,around 22.00/10PM?
The ping has a large cover area.As long if there is NO news...no DNA report on the kayak,no updates on those pings or phones...imo,everything is still open!
This could happens too,you know..
(Gosh,wish there would be more updates on that,instead of the silence)

It was/is stated by his friends/family (?--> that part has been unclear to me,who the spoke person is) that he could staged his own disappearance (with help?)
The drowning senario or accident...seems odd,when he removed Signal from his phone on arrival.That no one saw him in Bodø could be,due to high season/festivals,but that there were detailed sightings..afterwards..in Vikeså.

Well...we can disagree about many scenarios about what happend,what we make up in our own minds,about what happend..but we all trying to #FindArjen.

Attachments

• Bodo.jpg
    Bodo.jpg
    103.6 KB · Views: 11
Nothing seems what it is and do not know why,but today I was thinking about your post /theory about what could have happend...seems far fetched,but I do remember that about month after Arjens disappearance, the police posted a small motor boat that was found.
I think it must be odd to leave something unclaimed...
Twitter
I'm not able to retrieve that single tweet. Could you post the link to the single tweet? (So not the whole twitter account)
TIA.

I'm not able to retrieve that single tweet. Could you post the link to the single tweet? (So not the whole twitter account)
TIA.
I did but somehow,it did not stick,hope it does now..
Twitter
If this does not work,you can look it up under the media of their twitter account.Date September 30th

I did but somehow,it did not stick,hope it does now..
Twitter
If this does not work,you can look it up under the media of their twitter account.Date September 30th
Thanks. It does not mention the location the boat was found?
The mercury engine is quite valuable to leave behind like that.
We don't know whether the owner of the boat has shown up....

Thanks. It does not mention the location the boat was found?
The mercury engine is quite valuable to leave behind like that.
We don't know whether the owner of the boat has shown up....
The Mecury is a well sold portable outboard motor and perfect for these kind of boats,that doesn't need much power.
Arjen and his luggage are still missing and non of the LE senarios are excluded.

I do think that the hashtag is #valnesfjord? without vannet? Vannet means water? Or do they mean Valnesfjordvatnet?
When I look at the google map I find: Valnesfjord and more southeast from Fauske is Valnesfjordvatnet!

The Mecury is a well sold portable outboard motor and perfect for these kind of boats,that doesn't need much power.
Arjen and his luggage are still missing and non of the LE senarios are excluded.

I do think that the hashtag is #valnesfjord? without vannet? Vannet means water? Or do they mean Valnesfjordvatnet?
When I look at the google map I find: Valnesfjord and more southeast from Fauske is Valnesfjordvatnet!
A mercury engine is worth quite some money. Not very normal to leave such an item behind.
Reitan is located at Valnesfjord. The Norwegian Joint Headquarters is located at Reitan, Valnesfjord, 25 km east of the city of Bodø.
Norwegian Joint Headquarters

A mercury engine is worth quite some money. Not very normal to leave such an item behind.
Reitan is located at Valnesfjord. The Norwegian Joint Headquarters is located at Reitan, Valnesfjord, 25 km east of the city of Bodø.
Norwegian Joint Headquarters

Sorry, but the NJH at Reitan is NOT in Valnesfjord but 22 km east of Bodø city and in Bodø county.. Valnesfjord is located in Fauske county.
The boat was clearly found in Valnesfjordvannet and it is difficult to float from the fjord to the Valnesfjordvannet so probably the owner lives somewhere around there...

Last edited:
Sorry, but the NJH at Reitan is NOT in Valnesfjord but 22 km east of Bodø city and in Bodø county.. Valnesfjord is located in Fauske county.
The boat was clearly found in Valnesfjordvannet and it is difficult to float from the fjord to the Valnesfjordvannet so probably the owner lives somewhere around there...
Thank you for correcting, very helpful.
I was following the indications by Bing maps. BM places Valnesfjord between Loding and Fauske and places Reitan at Valnesfjordvatnet.
Very confusing.
gSnZ6jv.jpg

Valnesfjordvannet and Valnesfjordvatnet is the same fjord?
Very confusing but I do think Arjen could have met a local in/before, the time, he stayed in Bodo area.
In thread 1, there was a post... that phone records showed that he stayed in the reach of 20+km of Bodo.

Valnesfjordvannet and Valnesfjordvatnet is the same fjord?
Very confusing but I do think Arjen could have met a local in/before, the time, he stayed in Bodo area.
In thread 1, there was a post... that phone records showed that he stayed in the reach of 20+km of Bodo.

Yes, it is the same lake, it is not a fjord... Vannet and vatnet is only a dialect difference. Maybe, but Valnesfjord is a close-knit community where most people know each others so I would guess that many would know if he met someone local... It is also a nice place to go for a walk/hike , when you go away from the centre... But you have to walk a bit further along the lake to go there..

The relationship between Assange and Arjen Kamphuis has been overrated in the media, family and friends have complained about that. Wikileaks was one of the many clients of Kamphuis'consultancy firm.
Arjens family never pronounced much in the media about his
disappearance or Wikileaks. It was Ancilla who took the task to communicate through the media.

I have a hard time believing, that his only reason was holiday in Norway.

Unrelated, just noting... fwiw
Julian Assange: US justice department says he faces five years in jail – live updates
What we know so far
  • Julian Assange has been found guilty of breaching bail in 2012 after being arrested at the Ecuadorean embassy in London on Thursday. Judge Michael Snow said he will be sentenced next month at Southwark Crown Court. He said Assange had shown the “behaviour of a narcissist who cannot get beyond his own selfish interest”.
  • The United States has requested the extradition of Assange and charged him with involvement in computer hacking with Chelsea Manning. The Metropolitan police said the arrest was made on behalf of the US authorities.
3500.jpg

Julian Assange charged by US with computer hacking conspiracy
32m

Unrelated, just noting... fwiw
Julian Assange: US justice department says he faces five years in jail – live updates
What we know so far
  • Julian Assange has been found guilty of breaching bail in 2012 after being arrested at the Ecuadorean embassy in London on Thursday. Judge Michael Snow said he will be sentenced next month at Southwark Crown Court. He said Assange had shown the “behaviour of a narcissist who cannot get beyond his own selfish interest”.
  • The United States has requested the extradition of Assange and charged him with involvement in computer hacking with Chelsea Manning. The Metropolitan police said the arrest was made on behalf of the US authorities.
3500.jpg

Julian Assange charged by US with computer hacking conspiracy
32m
Thanks @dotr
Not unrelated and am happy you posted it,here!
Am very sad about it... to be honest..another one down for Free Internet.This is not good :(

"You call about Assange? This is an open line, we must be careful '

The jousting around Julian Assange is risky: Dutch people from the Wikileaks network may also be afraid of the American investigation services. "This is a wasp's nest."

Who in the Netherlands belongs to the Julian Assange network? Among others, Arjen Kamphuis, various sources say today in unison.

The cyber expert from Amsterdam sometimes visited Assange at the embassy; the two already knew each other before the exile of the Australian hacker in the British capital. "It is not that he really did projects for Wikileaks," a friend of Kamphuis told this site earlier. "Arjen just has a large network."

Kamphuis is still missing without a trace . After his disappearance, there was fierce speculation in the media about the relationship between Wikileaks and Kamphuis, to the frustration of his intimates. A friend even blamed the whistleblower platform for making a 'show' of its disappearance.

Disclosures
Wikileaks has been famous for ten years and is notorious for leaking millions of confidential documents, including war crimes in Iraq, highly sensitive diplomatic correspondence ('cables') and espionage and hacking by the CIA . The revelations caused the US time and time again to be deeply embarrassed, and so Wikileaks founder Assange turned out to be a state enemy.

The Dutch network of the Wikileaks founder seems limited. Hacker and XS4ALL co-founder Rop Gonggrijp was closely involved in the early days of Wikileaks, but is now hard to reach. Another Dutch privacy activist once met the Australian hacker, but would rather not talk about it: "I am being phoned, but I am not going to do it."

Some fear of 'Washington' can play a role in this. Because now that the American government has requested extradition of Assange because of hacking and conspiracy, the question is whether Assanges acquaintances and Wikileaks stakeholders should also fear legal action.

"This is really a wasp's nest," one source says. ,, It is geopolitical, there are major interests at stake, various governments are involved. Who knows, they might try to lay the entire network down. By the way, we now call with an open line, we have to be careful. "

Knoops: "political motive?"
The extradition of Assange to the United States seems to be able to continue. The British do not extradite suspects if they then risk the death penalty, but the American indictment (conspiracy and computer breach) against the Australian gives him up to five years in prison, the US Department of Justice said this afternoon.

Professor of International Law Geert-Jan Knoops points out when asked that Assanges lawyer can argue that the extradition request is 'politically motivated'."Then his defense may be that his persecution may have been motivated by political reasons, so the question is whether a fair trial will await him in the US.This is an important task for his defense. "

Cookies op AD.nl | AD.nl

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aab1964
Back