Now is the time...

I understand what you're saying, people come and go for various reasons.

The reason I was curious regarding this employee referenced as "Gwen" written about in the 12/25/2005 public news article is I wondered if the Billings personally screened their employee applications before allowing them access to the house and children. The halls of the Escambia County clerk of court online records echos repeated colorful entries when a person of this same name is popped into the search feature. With Florida's open records law, it seems like such a valuable tool for pre-screening.

Do you know if the Billings were known to personally hired their assistants themselves say through family or friends recommendation references or did they only use reputable pre-screening organizations that guaranteed only trusted and qualified assistants be considered for employment?

ACR

It would depend. Some of the people that were working around the house were known to have come as customers or friends. There were others that came from agencies. MB and BB helped many people who needed help. Some of them were not the most up standing people. I don't want to look down my nose at anyone. Most of us have had times that we needed help from others. MB was no different. BB used to tell her that she would bring in every stray dog. She was to easy on people who didn't pay for their cars and sometimes she was bit by them. I don't think she liked that aspect of the business.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back