NV - Jeff German, 69, investigative reporter, stabbed to death, Las Vegas, Sept 2022 *arrest*

DatelineFan

Reaction score
"It appeared the 69-year-old was in an altercation with another person that led to the stabbing, which was believed to be an isolated incident, police said.

“We believe the altercation took place outside of the home,” Dori Koren, a Las Vegas police spokesman, told reporters. “We do have some leads. We are pursuing a suspect but the suspect is outstanding.”"

I wonder what happened here. Seems like it's personal

From the article linked above:

"German joined the Review-Journal in 2010 after more than two decades at the Las Vegas Sun, where he was a columnist and reporter who covered courts, politics, labor, government and organized crime.

He was known for stories about government malfeasance and political scandals as well as coverage of the 2017 mass shooting at a music festival that killed 60 and wounded more than 400. Colleagues remembered German as as a reporter who covered organized crime, extremist activity in southern Nevada, and gaming industry corruption.

A former Vegas Sun reporter, Cathy Scott, recalled how she and German were the first reporters to break the story of the killing of a Las Vegas mafia associate, Herbert “Fat Herbie” Blitzstein, in 1997.

German “was a hard news guy,” Scott said told the Review-Journal. "

I was just reading about this in the DM….he had quite the career & was very accomplished. It will be interesting to see how this turns out, whether his murder was due to either a business or personal matter…..or something else. Either way I will be following along to find out.
Edit: Thanks for starting the thread DatelineFan!

DailyMail has picked up the search of the home of Clark County Public Administrator Robert Telles. German had written negative articles about Telles, 45, (photo) who had previously founded a top Las Vegas law firm:

The choices made in the disguise are obviously intended to lead investigators in a particular direction and what ever is in the satchel is weighty given the strain on the fabric. "Altercation" is not the right word for an interaction involving someone in a disguise.

One of the stories the victim published regarding the aforementioned politician guy being raided today

Last edited:
The choices made in the disguise are obviously intended to lead investigators in a particular direction and what ever is in the satchel is weighty given the strain on the fabric. "Altercation" is not the right word for an interaction involving someone in a disguise.

One of the stories the victim published regarding the aforementioned politician guy being raided today
Yeah, I was just reading an article about this (before I saw there was a thread here), and I was annoyed about the "altercation" word.

That makes it sound like there was some sort of argument that escalated, as opposed to what this appears to be. Premeditated murder.

They towed his car!!​

"LAS VEGAS — Five days after investigative reporter Jeff German was violently killed outside his Las Vegas home, police executed search warrants at the home of an elected official who'd been the subject of German's reporting that uncovered claims of bullying and retaliation.

Officers descended on Clark County Public Administrator Robert Telles' two-story home in western Las Vegas around 7 a.m. Wednesday, searching the nearly 3,000-square-foot property for more than six hours before a red GMC Yukon Denali was towed away.

The GMC, which had been parked in Telles' driveway as officers worked, matches the description of a vehicle police say is tied to German's killing. "

From the author/ reporter of the above article from Reno Gazette Journal, Rio Lacanlale via Tweet:

NEW:
@LVMPD
has returned to
@ClarkCountyNV
official Robert Telles’ house just hours after investigators concluded a search of the home in connection w/ reporter Jeff German’s killing. An officer tried knocking on the front door, IDing himself as “Metro police,” but no answer.

After the unsuccessful door knock at elected officials Robert Telles’ home, a wave of
@LVMPD
officers arrived and taped off the area for the second time today.

https://twitter.com/riolacanlale/status/1567656397751595008/photo/1

tWITER isnt letting me read very much, can y'all help out by at least giving a couple of words describing whats going on at your twiter links? sounds like the guy is holed up. also, If you are surrounded by swat teams and police tape, are you officially a person of interest wrt webslueths?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sweetkittykat
Back