Resolved NV - Las Vegas, WhtMale 25-40, UP417, letter written in German, scar, birthmark, Sep'06 - namus removed

So I found a German FB website for missing people, with an admin the same name as the sisters name. I tried to reach out but got no reply. It's one heck of a coincidence
Deutschland findet vermisste Personen ( Das Original )

My German is pretty minimal, but it looks to me like there are connections to at least two of the first names mentioned. Of course they're quite common names, so probably means nothing.

Would it be worth sending them a link to this gentleman's information, explaining the German connection and asking them to put it on their page?

My German is pretty minimal, but it looks to me like there are connections to at least two of the first names mentioned. Of course they're quite common names, so probably means nothing.

Would it be worth sending them a link to this gentleman's information, explaining the German connection and asking them to put it on their page?
That's a great idea, and a lot less creepy than sending a personal message lol. I'm great at data, just not first impressions. :D

Lol, to me as a partial German, he actually looks Dutch... :)
But really, he could be from any West, Central and even East European country.
hahaha! he could be both, honestly, and he could be from any european country, but i think (gut feeling) he's dutch/german/swiss/austrian. idk why but he looks like a hans to me, hahaha.

So I was wondering... John Doe died from a headshot and nobody in the motel heard a gunshot?
Also, it's interesting he chose to end his life in a motel. He could've chosen to die in a secluded spot in the Mojave or anywhere else really, but he chose a motel room and he wrote a letter. It's like he wanted to be found.

So I was wondering... John Doe died from a headshot and nobody in the motel heard a gunshot?
Also, it's interesting he chose to end his life in a motel. He could've chosen to die in a secluded spot in the Mojave or anywhere else really, but he chose a motel room and he wrote a letter. It's like he wanted to be found.
I kind of agree with this. I don’t think he didn’t want to be found. Or even not identified. He left clues.

I kind of agree with this. I don’t think he didn’t want to be found. Or even not identified. He left clues.

Yeah, people who don't want to be identified don't usually leave letters lying around. But on the other hand, the information wasn't specific enough to let them connect him to an identity, and he was using stolen ID. So I don't know.

Hotel rooms are very common places for people who don't want to be identified to end their lives. We must have threads for at least a dozen cases like this one, 'Lyle Stevik', 'Mary Anderson' in Seattle, etc.

Yeah, people who don't want to be identified don't usually leave letters lying around. But on the other hand, the information wasn't specific enough to let them connect him to an identity, and he was using stolen ID. So I don't know.

Hotel rooms are very common places for people who don't want to be identified to end their lives. We must have threads for at least a dozen cases like this one, 'Lyle Stevik', 'Mary Anderson' in Seattle, etc.
Very true. And there’s really no telling how long he’d lived under assumed identities.

Yes but how did he get from Australia to Las Vegas? And 5 years are a fairly long interval. He was known to keep in contact with his parents
This is purely speculation for my theory on just him.
1-Fell down and hit head while backpacking then CTE happens. Got to Perth, met a girl, had a kid. Then something happens for him to leave Perth, travels to America. Stole identity, then CTE gets so bad he gets confused in writing the journal, and Matthlas is really his Dad.
2- He did something bad in Germany or Aus and had to get out.

They should release the freaking letter. It would probably be solved in a day.

BTW - Dirk Matthias can also be a double name. Like *Jim Bob* Smith.

This man could have been German, Swiss or Austrian living in the USA for a long time. It would not make much sense then to search in German databases (besides that those are unfortunately not very thorough because LE operates very regional and data protection laws are strong, so 99% of all missing persons reports are not released to the public).

Has anybody tried to request the coroner's report for this case? It costs 10 dollars but I wonder if you can get it free by PDF?

Clark County, NV
I would be willing to donate if someone would order it. I do think the letter is going to be the key.

Id still love to see the letter. If the sister is really Brigit and not Birgit, then he is probably of Scandinavian descent and not German.
Agreed. Birgit is very German. But it does sound like he had a German accent and spoke German so....I'd go with Birgit, lol

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Donna_Avery
Back