Found Deceased NV - Naomi Irion, 18, kidnapped from pkg lot, car fnd, Fernley, 12 Mar 2022 *POI died in jail before trial* #4

I definitely feel these crimes were premeditated but Naomi being targeted/stalked, I'm not convinced of. Can you share what facts lead you to believe she was targeted? If targeting is true, I would bet there are others. I'm most interested in where or how the initial contact occurred.
On another note I talked to my son last night as he was driving across Nevada to California. He was only about 30 miles from Fernley. He said it was the most desolate place he had ever been. He said you could drive 50 miles or more and never see another vehicle.
He entered her vehicle at exactly the 'right' moment, just moments before the shuttle was supposed to arrive. Probably saw her swith off her phone (light).

She could have been waiting to pick someone up, she could have gotten out of the car to go somewhere (is Walmart open at 5.20?), she could have had her doors locked, she could have noticed him etc.
But the timing to kidnap her was exactly timed.
He could have just seen her one day getting on or off the shutlle and hanging around having figured out what the shuttle schedule was.
He could even have put a tracker under her car to track her. He worked on cars I read.

I also think he must have had another car or at least some fuel stashed close by because he couldn't have known how much fuel was in her car.
I think he drove to a safe spot nearby to do stuff. Disable her phone, switch cars, meet up with another person? Tie her up? Assault her? Kill her? If he planned to kill her did he dispose of her right away, or did he hide her or keep her and went back with a shovel to bury her?
Unless he actually did put a tracker on her car and knew when she filled up the car and could track how much she drove after that, he wouldn't know how far he could drive her car and in what condition it was. He would have some idea after he drove it for a bit. If he fixed cars, you know, feel, hear if there's an obvious problem with it.

If he had been watching her before, I do think he would have done so from different cars parked in the Walmart parking lot.
Or if there's more people involved there could have been other people watching her too.

This might have been like Jayme Closs where her abducter one day saw her get of the schoolbus and right there and then decided to abduct her in the near future. He had been at her house once before, before he actually killed her parents and abducted her.
He waited until the family should be asleep and the house was quite isolated.

The Walmart parking lot is a place with a lot of possible unpredictable factors.
So I 100% think he planned it and targeted and observed her.

Maybe someone knows if her car showed how much fuel was in the tank after she left it (looking through the window), or if it only shows that after the key is inserted.

It's more logical to me that he saw her picture and profile online than he ran in to her at a gas station at 5 a.m. on a weekend. But, logic doesn't seem to be a factor in the crimes.
He could have seen her returning from work as well. He could have been hanging out in the parking lot for whatever reason.

Most of us give out a lot of personal information without realizing it. Chatting with a cashier. Wrapping up a meet-and-greet. Not even always with words either.

Examples:

Yup, my daily fix of treats, nreakfast of champions! I snack, shuttle driver drives, it's a great set up!

Yeah, well, nice to meet ypu, but I best get going, need to get some sleep, have to catch the 5am shuttle in the morning.

Even without dialogue, we fill our tanks. We pay inside, anybody close by can see if we got $5 or $50's worth of gas.

Predators are often willing to play the long game.

He may have checked out right behind her months ago. Maybe have followed her to Walmart; in fact, he may have "invested" a whole bunch of Mondays [do I have the right day of the week?] Lurking in the shadows. Planning. plotting. Practicing.

Eerie if Walmart has footage of him on other days.

Who knows whether he staked her out previously. Studying her habits. Listening for lock/ unlock. Establishing her pattern.

Was this the first time he parked over by ShWms? Or had he cased that out too? Naomi may have been in the path of evil on other days, too. Utterly unaware.

IMO

He knew she'd be there that day.

He parked elsewhere and walked there on purpose and for one and only one sinister reason.

He knew she had a full tank.

I believe he knew whether her car was unlocked -- not locked or unlocking -- but unlocked.

I believe he had full confidence he could open the car door, hip check her into the passenger seat. (I further think he had the advantage of ambush and IMO a weapon, likely a taser, likely the evidence of which moved LE to recognize foul play from the outset).

I think he had a preset destination in mind. Not random. On a road he'd been on before.

I think it's possible he drove Naomi to that desert location in her own car. Also possible IMO he drove back to that location in his work truck...

On a different day. To conceal her better.

I can't help but wonder if the tire change wasn't to obscure his truck but to obscure his work truck. Wondering if it's possible to swap tires off a work truck, replace 'em with tires from a personal truck.

Maybe his truck never went there. Instead his work truck did. Day of, day after, any day since.

This whole case is a gutpunch.

She was simply going to work.

I wish the world were a safer place.

:(

JMO

Has it been determined who she had a date with the night before?

Maybe that’s how TD knew her!

The date she went on the day before was an afternoon or evening date, IIRC, and it included thrift store shopping, according to her brother, Casey, who also said LE was aware of that person and he? had been cleared.

Assuming that they know, LE have not divulged where his truck was parked when he showed up Walmart, and where he returned to it after dumping Naomi's car, but it almost certainly was within short walking distance, and many here feel it was parked either at the Lowes, next to Sherwin Williams, or one of the other businesses in that business area, which may be a half mile from Walmart. As to premeditated, it was most definitely that, as he waited until she got there, then circled around the lot after spotting her, coming up from behind and quickly forcing her to move over to the passenger seat before driving away with her. Clearly stalking his prey, imo. Many here feel like, as do I, that perhaps TD had been stalking her for at least some period of time before that Saturday morning. But premeditation does not have to be planned well in advance. Premeditation can be decided in an instant. I would argue that after shooting her one time, premeditation to commit murder could occur in the instant before he put the weapon to her head or chest and shot her a second time. Also, if guilty of this crime, as seems to be the case, then he was a convicted felon in possession of a firearm while committing a felony kidnapping. If she was even accidentally killed during the commission of the crime, which clearly she wasn't, he could and should still be put away for life. JMO

I misused the word. I was referring to him having it planned out in advance, her targeted vs. opportunity. In reviewing the truck photos released it looks very close to the area where her car was located. I was thinking that’s where he walked from, leaving his truck to get away. Then he changed out his tires just like the piece of garbage he is.

Last edited:
Thank you. I'm hoping (against the odds)- Driver will cop a plea and save Naomi's family the nightmare of endless hearings, delays, and a trial.

I don’t think he cares one iota about Naomi’s family.

He’ll plead not guilty forever just because he can.

He only cares about himself.

MOO.

I don’t think he cares one iota about Naomi’s family.

He’ll plead not guilty forever just because he can.

He only cares about himself.

MOO.

Truth. He can and probably will string this out as long as he can. I really feel like our system of justice, while great, should not be a vehicle for criminals to manipulate and use to their own benefit. Which is what seems to happen in so many cases with clear and convincing evidence.

After checking this thread and not finding this link I thought I should post it.

Naomi Irion, age 18

Thank u for posting this link….I just lit a candle for Naomi.

ETA I can’t tell u how many times since Naomi’s abduction/murder that I have pulled into a parking lot, turned off my ignition & started to gather my belongings, check my phone, etc. all with my doors unlocked (which automatically happens when I turn off the ignition). I am trying so hard to re-train myself to keep the engine running until I am absolutely ready to exit the vehicle. And to constantly try to be aware of my surroundings at all times. Sadly this case has been a real eye opener.

ETA I can’t tell u how many times since Naomi’s abduction/murder that I have pulled into a parking lot, turned off my ignition & started to gather my belongings, check my phone, etc. all with my doors unlocked (which automatically happens when I turn off the ignition). I am trying so hard to re-train myself to keep the engine running until I am absolutely ready to exit the vehicle. And to constantly try to be aware of my surroundings at all times. Sadly this case has been a real eye opener.

My car would unlock when putting it into park. I hated that because I don't like to sit with the car unlocked. I was able to go into the settings on the dash and change it to stay locked. Everyone should do this if they are able to!

Nothing sad about that aspect of it. I hope it hasn't made you afraid, just aware.

My car would unlock when putting it into park. I hated that because I don't like to sit with the car unlocked. I was able to go into the settings on the dash and change it to stay locked. Everyone should do this if they are able to!
It's funny, I installed some musical airhorns in my truck I got crazy cheap on ebay (didn't even know the time they played when I ordered them) and I made a little mistake when writing them up that caused my computer to reset to its default which is apparently to automatically lock the doors when I start it and never airings unlock them. It drives me nuts now that my passenger door is basically always locked and I can't get the "key dance" that supposedly changes it to work.

It would not go well for some guy to try hopping into my truck and threatening me though. My advice to anyone fearful of that situation is to buckle up and be more afraid of your abductor than of putting the corner of a sturdy sign or semi bumper through the passenger side of your windshield.

I am not sure what time it is scheduled, but TD is supposed to be back in Canal Township Justice Court tomorrow for a pre-trial hearing that had been postponed. Not sure if it will be broadcast live, but I would think it might be. JMO

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aegon_the_Conqueror
Back