Deceased/Not Found NV - Patrick Carnes, 86, Wells, 13 Apr 2011

The 2005 dark green Subaru Forester was stuck in the mud.

http://www.kolotv.com/home/headline..._May_Be_Related_to_Other_Cases_121360494.html

My opinion after reading this is that he was exhausted, made an error when he parked, let his dog out, car got stuck, he wandered in the desert and became disoriented.

Not to be morbid but did anyone else notice the flock of birds in the video?

http://www.8newsnow.com/story/15042...l-killer-hunting-motorists-in-northern-nevada

There was another case in NH, Sarah Rogers, her car was found in a ditch on the interstate, all kinds of theories were put forward. Searches followed, she wasnt found. Eventually she was found 1/2 mile from her car, deceased.

http://english.pravda.ru/news/society/15-03-2010/112586-rogers-0/

Thank you so much Jess for posting those photos! My first (and current) instinct upon viewing them is that the very end of that logo are actually letters. They look like the the letters "N" and "C" to me. Or they could also be the letters "N" and "G". In fact, I had the impression that the logo included the word "TRUCKING", but can't be sure at all because it's just too blurry for my already lousy vision. It looks like a lot of fellow posters have already tried to compare the logo with those of major trucking companies and I might also try my hand at it. As always, it's JMHO and I hope this time it may be of some help. Thank you for listening!

I-Team: Leads Pour in on Missing Man Case

Investigators say they have sifted through hundreds of tips and leads supplied by the public about an unusual disappearance in northern Nevada. After the I-Team first reported last summer that the disappearance of an elderly Reno man could be linked to a serial killer operating along Interstate 80, the family of Patrick Carnes has done everything it could to keep the story in the mind of the public.

More: http://www.8newsnow.com/story/16927010/i-team

I spent several hours at fleetdirectory.com looking at different company websites, hoping to find a logo that matched the general shape of what is on the back of that truck but didn't find anything that jumped out at me.

I listened to Coast to Coast last night & compared the Panther & Star (transport & leasing) company logos with it but they weren't quite right.

It is a tough one!

I'm not sure if this is still relevant, but I came across this on the AMW site. I've spent the past five hours trying to figure it out. They have better photos on there. It's really hard to make out, but it is a cow or donkey with really long standing up ears, and a sombraro or hat. I can't find anything as a logo. I did find out that a donkey with a hat on really means *advertiser censored*-hat. That was educational. I believe it's probably an independent trucker/his own rig. I am baffled that no truckers have come forward with information on that truck. It would be impossible to forget.

I hope this is helpful.

Also, I read something else tonight that stated Carnes and the truck they are trying to identify were the only ones on the road. They think his car may have actually been driven to the spot it was found from Elko.

I apologize if this has already been covered, but they are saying now that they believe a serial killer is responsible for many disappearances. One elderly womans car who also disappeared/vanished was found in the same spot as Mr. Carne's car. They are looking over state lines also. They think it is a trucker or group of truckers doing thrill kills, but they have been doing this for a long time and it's getting worse. FBI is involved, etc.

http://www.kolotv.com/home/headline..._May_Be_Related_to_Other_Cases_121360494.html

My opinion after reading this is that he was exhausted, made an error when he parked, let his dog out, car got stuck, he wandered in the desert and became disoriented.

Not to be morbid but did anyone else notice the flock of birds in the video?

http://www.8newsnow.com/story/15042...l-killer-hunting-motorists-in-northern-nevada

There was another case in NH, Sarah Rogers, her car was found in a ditch on the interstate, all kinds of theories were put forward. Searches followed, she wasnt found. Eventually she was found 1/2 mile from her car, deceased.

http://english.pravda.ru/news/society/15-03-2010/112586-rogers-0/

From what I just read, Carnes was going to follow that truck to Elko. He planned on staying the night there and finishing the drive in the morning. Elko is only 50 miles from where he was pulled over. Somehow his car ended up 167 miles away...but he was definitely planning on staying in Elko that night.

Undersheriff Kull tells KLAS News it was unusual that Carnes' vehicle was on the south side of the highway, since Carnes was traveling west. If he had pulled over, it would have been on the north side. Also, unusual was the position of the car. To Kull, it looked as if the car had been dumped.

snip....One case that stands out is Judy Casida, 62, from Reno who went missing in 2006. Her case is similar to Carnes case as Casida's car was also found abandoned at the same off-ramp, reports RGJ News.

Continue reading on Examiner.com Patrick Carnes and Lucky: Are they victims of an I-80 serial killer? - National missing persons | Examiner.com http://www.examiner.com/missing-per...ictims-of-an-i-80-serial-killer#ixzz1rxQfg32q

Red Herring: something intended to divert attention from the real problem or matter at hand; a misleading clue.

After many many hours of 'web sleuthing' this case I'm convinced that logo is a diversion and isn't at all accurate of the authentic logo of a truck. (IF in fact there is a 'real' video of this situation - and I am now skeptical).

I've discovered many important factors that don't add up in this case, but the truck is a good visual place to start.

Firstly, if a truck is driving at 60 mph down that highway, why are the front wheels at a 45 degree angle? Surely if this were true, that truck would be in the ditch within a few seconds. Look at the front tires of the photo.

Secondly, I paused the dashcam video one second before they pulled that grotesque looking logo from the back of the truck and I believe someone doctored that image.

What I see one second sooner isn't very clear, but it shows tidy, straight lettering.

The Law Inforcement at Sparks, Nevada released the still photo of this logo and Sparks is a relatively small town. We need a more expert analysis of this.

Not sure if this is related to this case but wanted to mention it just in case it might be.

I live in Tennessee and a few months back a truck driver by the name of Alan Rodgers had picked up a lady, then somewhere along the interstate he stabbed her and killed her, then with her body in his truck he drove all the way to Nashville and then all the way back to the westle BP here in this county ( cumberland county/roane county line ) he dumped her body behind the BP station then drove his big rid over her body and head to keep from anyone identifing her, but he failed at that because there was a tatoo on her body legg calf that helped the police here to know who she was. the way he did it you could tell he had done this before. i am not for sure the name of his truck but would have to do some searches online when i get time. I do know he lived in either north or south carolina and drove for a big trucking company. he had picked the lady up in knoxville. the police found him by viewing a cam on the other station close to where he dumped and ran over her body. they brought him back here to the crossville jail and before he could get to trial he hanged himself in our jail. anyone that is working on this case might ought to take a look at this and see if the truck he was driving is like the one shown in the dash cam vid?

Also i want to say that i have somewhat physic intution, and most would call me crazy if i even mention that but when i read about pat and his dog it is just getting to me somehow. i am in tennessee and no way of gettin g out to nevada but if i were someday if i could just stand where the car was found at possiable at the exit, etc or hold something of his i might be able to pick up on something? i have heard they already had a physic looking into this but this is just something that is so strong and i cant explain it.

So i hope this helps and maybe they can find out if rodgers had anything to do with pats dis appearence. I will keep the family in my prayers that you will find peace and closer soon on this.

i have a few minso thought i would post a couple links to the truck driver from north carolina who killed a lady then ran over her body here in cumberland county TN. I do not know if he has anything to do with pats case but it doesnt hurt to at least check his employer and the truck he was driving to see if it has the same logo on the back. here is the story;

Within 72 hours after a body was discovered in Crab Orchard and going on five hours of sleep, officers with the Tennessee Bureau of Investigation, North Carolina State Bureau of Investigation and the Cumberland County Sheriff's Department have placed a man in custody in connection with the death of a woman whose body was discovered behind a gas station in Crab Orchard Tuesday afternoon.

Allen Stacy Rogers, 32, a truck driver of North Carolina, was taken into custody Friday morning in Mitchell County, NC.

http://crossville-chronicle.com/breakingnews/x1225301601/Body-identified-man-in-custody

and he killed himself in the jail, so we may never know just how many people if any that he may have killed before this.

Accused murderer found dead in jail
Posted: Dec 18, 2011 4:12 PM CST Updated: Dec 18, 2011 04:12 PM

Allen Stacy Rogers

CROSSVILLE, Tenn. (AP) -
Authorities say a man charged with murder was found hanging in his cell at the Cumberland County Justice Center.

The Chattanooga Times Free Press reports that officers discovered the body of 32-year-old Allen Stacey Rogers on Saturday.

They tried to save him, but he was pronounced dead at Cumberland Medical Center.

http://www.wsmv.com/story/16349580/accused-murderer-found-dead-in-jail

I am not sure if this is connected in any way to missing man pat and his dog but it might be helpful. I was searching online and came across a post made by someone named phil656565 and he wrote the following on a website and swears it is true. maybe an officer of the law might be able to check cargo vans and see who has a cargo van in their name? the following info is found at this site

http://www.answerbag.com/q_view/2601204

A couple years ago on a desolate stretch of I-80 one white cargo van pulled up beside me and the other behind me, very close...
and stayed there for at least 15 seconds. I was travelling at the speed limit at the time, so I hit the gas and ran at 90+mph two miles to the next town as the vans still followed me. So I pulled off the interstate, both followed, then I pulled right back on, both still followed. I took off for the next town (15 miles) at 85-90mph as both vans still followed but I gained some distance, I pulled off at the next town and gunned it into town (a small town I knew from playing high school football there) I ran into town and hit some backroads, parked, pulled out my shotgun from under my seat, and waited. I saw one van come into town, turn around, and leave. I waited a while, then started back on my way. What do you think the vans were doing? It really freaked me out, in no way shape or form is this story fabricated, its all real events and it really scared the **** out of me, so what do you think it was?

Read more: A couple years ago on a desolate stretch of I-80 one white cargo van pulled up beside me and the other behind me, very close... | Answerbag http://www.answerbag.com/q_view/2601204#ixzz1zwwkGucO

For some reason every time I'm on the highway and pass a big rig, I think of the Carnes case. It just won't let me go and I'm not sure why that is, considering that ALL missing persons cases are disturbing for one reason or another. Why has it been so difficult for LE to identify the truck in the dash-cam video? Though I'm not an expert in video technology, I would have thought that there was a possibility to zero in on the rear license plate and enhance the footage to get a number. I guess the video is just too poor to allow for that huh? I'm also troubled by the fact that the driver hasn't come forward after all this time. Has there just not been enough media coverage of this case? Still praying for Mr. Carnes and his loved ones.

After reading about this case from the start, and driving across Nevada several times since .... I believe the truck is a red herring.

Yes, Pat told the officer that he was following a truck.

Pat was a retired long-haul truck driver himself, so he'd feel comfortable following a truck.

Also, driving that stretch at night is dangerous due to large animals that cross the road in the dark. We often follow trucks or other large vehicles if we have to drive at night, figuring that we'll let the larger vehicle hit the deer or elk.

My own theory hasn't changed:

I believe Pat drove off the exit while tired, and got stuck (high-centered). He may have slept in the car for awhile, and then decided to walk. At night, you see lights from houses in the valley that are much further away than they seem. He may have decided to walk towards one for help. He may have been disoriented. He really was too old to be driving that far alone, but my Dad would have done the same thing.

After all the searching, I really don't think his body is far away. Pumpernickel Valley is a fairly "green" high desert, with many large sagebrush, plants and trees.

Undersheriff Kull tells KLAS News it was unusual that Carnes' vehicle was on the south side of the highway, since Carnes was traveling west. If he had pulled over, it would have been on the north side. Also, unusual was the position of the car. To Kull, it looked as if the car had been dumped.

But why would someone dumping a car, worry about driving under the freeway and parking in that location? You'd just leave it quickly, not worrying.

There aren't many freeway exits across Nevada, so the issue of another car found years before at that exit, is likely just a coincidence.

Take a look at the exit, and notice how odd it is. If he took the exit to sleep or relieve himself, he may have got confused about getting back on the freeway, crossed underneat onto the dirt road and got stuck.

URL OF GOOGLE SATELLITE VIEW OF EXIT 205, I-80, NEVADA: http://goo.gl/maps/egwnL

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SoCal Greg
Back