Identified! NV - Reno, WhtFem 35-45, UP7713, 'Oakridge 1992' ring, plate in jaw left side, Jun'97 - Lorena Gayle Mosley

Her Namus entry lists the following exclusions:

The following people have been ruled out as being this decedent:
First Name Last Name Year of Birth State LKA
Susan Adams 1947 Idaho
Jodi Huisentruit 1968 Iowa
Sarah Norfleet 1975 Utah
Patricia Schmidt 1964 Virginia
Nadine Timm 1935 Illinois

Last edited by a moderator:
Addition to the exclusions on Namus The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

The following people have been ruled out as being this decedent:
First Name Last Name Year of Birth State LKA

Susan Adams 1947 Idaho
Sandra Butler 1962 Nevada
Jodi Huisentruit 1968 Iowa
Sarah Norfleet 1975 Utah
Patricia Schmidt 1964 Virginia
Nadine Timm 1935 Illinois

36578.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Which Birth-Month's stones pull true magenta color? Magenta is a very BOLD Hot Pink/Purple mix.

The birthstones for October are traditionally opal and tourmaline. Tourmaline comes in a very wide variety of colours, including hot pink, per this source:

https://www.americangemsociety.org/en/how-to-buy-tourmaline

Note it also says: "Rubellite tourmaline, in shades of pink or red, is one of this gem’s most desirable colors."

That said, I wonder if class rings routinely use the traditional birthstones which include diamond, ruby, sapphire and emerald or if they commonly use substitutions. Given the size of the stones I've seen in class rings displayed in second-hand jewellers in the UK, my guess is that many of the stones are actually coloured quartz or even just glass.

Assuming it is a class ring at all of course. It may not be.

Is there a picture of the ring anywhere? Was it ever published? Based on the written description, it sounds like a class ring, but unless we can see a visual, we really can't be sure.

Not sure if it varied by school, but the stones in our HS class rings could be whatever color we wanted. I'm pretty sure the stones weren't genuine, but I could be wrong. One of the reasons I didn't get one (besides the cost) was that I didn't want a peridot stone, which would have been the bright light green. I hated my birthstone back then, but I love it now.

Hey you guys are going to find this info odd and perhaps more informative... The Reno gazette journal had actually published an article about this ui woman which read the following: "The woman was wearing a dark colored jacket with orange lining, blue jeans, and a red-colored western style shirt with green turquoise, and white Indian style print. She also wore several pieces of jewelry, including a yellow metal Elgin watch with diamond chip, a solid yellow metal bracelet with copper colored etching, and three rings one of which was a 1992 class ring from Oak Ridge High School that previously was stolen from the owner. sheriffs Sgt. Mark Caldwell said."

Now someone please find out how the Sgt. Mark Caldwell confirmed the ring was in fact stolen?! That's the biggest clue right there!

I just can't get over how it says "stolen" not reported missing or lost. Reported stolen...by the owner!! Who was the owner!!! Maybe the owner was the murderer!! Sure sounds like a motive. We were obviously not provided with the whole story or we haven't found it again.

What an interesting read this is - so the class ring appears to not be a clue at all. Are there any updates on this case or additional r/o in Namus?

I'd love to know from where the ring was stolen. It could help us figure out where she was. It's interesting if she was the one who stole it because she didn't sell it (for drugs, etc.). If she didn't steal it, maybe she bought it at a pawn shop. Was anything else stolen with the ring that she could have sold? Could she have known the owner of the ring? I wish they wouldn't give us such a teaser and hold back so much potentially useful info!

Also, the jaw plate reminds me of Shannan Gilbert. Between that and the rape whistle, it sounds like JD went through a lot in her short life.

Hey you guys are going to find this info odd and perhaps more informative... The Reno gazette journal had actually published an article about this ui woman which read the following: "The woman was wearing a dark colored jacket with orange lining, blue jeans, and a red-colored western style shirt with green turquoise, and white Indian style print. She also wore several pieces of jewelry, including a yellow metal Elgin watch with diamond chip, a solid yellow metal bracelet with copper colored etching, and three rings one of which was a 1992 class ring from Oak Ridge High School that previously was stolen from the owner. sheriffs Sgt. Mark Caldwell said."

Now someone please find out how the Sgt. Mark Caldwell confirmed the ring was in fact stolen?! That's the biggest clue right there!

Wonder where the ring was stolen from, that would greatly help with the possible location that UP was from. I'm guessing the ring was the California highschool just by pure proximity.

Oak Ridge High School in CA is located at the base of the Sierra Nevada's, it's a straight shot on I-80 to Reno. Lots of movement from the Sacramento/foothill region to Reno/Tahoe area. If I'm guessing maybe we're looking at someone from the Central Valley or the Reno/Tahoe region?

Some newspaper reports, some of this is repeated information.

June 11, 1997, The Reno Gazette-Journal, pg 21
1690398931568.png

June 12, 1997, The Reno Gazette-Journal, pg 14, 31
1690399038217.png
1690399044688.png

"Washoe County sheriff's detectives are investigating the death as a homicide"

"She was wearing a dark jacket with orange lining, a red western-style shirt with turquoise and white Indian-Style prints, size 10 Braxton brand denim slacks, a white "Camel" extra large T-shirt with the words "groove blender" printed on the back, white socks, and gray athletic shoes."

"She was wearing a black, leather, braided bolo tie with white metal tips, It's connected by a white and black-spotted arrowhead shaped stone."

"She had a yellow-metal Elgin brand woman's watch with a diamond chip at the 12 o'clock position. Jewelry included a white-metal bracelet with copper-colored etching around it, a dream catcher-type earring, a white metal ring with interlocking heart-shaped design a, white-metal ring bearing the bearing the inscriptions "Oak Ridge High School 1992" and "K.A.C"

"Investigators found the owner of the ring, who told them it had been taken in an August 1996 burglary."

24 June 1997, The Reno Gazette-Journal, pg 14
1690399610826.png

30 October 2000, The Reno Gazette-Journal, pg 12
1690399742554.png

"About 18 months after the discovery of her remains, a man called Secret Witness to report a conversation he overheard in which a man bragged about killing a woman and burying her body in the hills."

"Detectives had a suspect in the case but did not have enough evidence to arrest him and he has since moved out of the area." Wonder if this is Charles Gary Sullivan..? I believe he moved out of the area around this time.

"The victim was found in June 1997. She was dressed in a heavy coat and jeans, indicating she probably died during the winter." Looks like we're looking for someone who went missing between Aug 1996 and Feb/March 1997.

Close up of her jewelry:

"A black, leather, braided bolo tie with white metal tips, It's connected by a white and black-spotted arrowhead shaped stone."
1690400305989.png1690400114971.png

"A white [also referred to as yellow]-metal bracelet with copper-colored etching around it,"
1690400161544.png

"a dream catcher-type earring"
1690400176246.png

"A white metal necklace with a whistle on it."
1690400197096.png

"Yellow-metal Elgin brand woman's watch with a diamond chip at the 12 o'clock position"
1690400228950.png

"a white metal ring with interlocking heart-shaped design"

"white-metal ring bearing the bearing the inscriptions "Oak Ridge High School 1992" and "K.A.C"

"A white-metal ring with a red heart-shaped stone"
1690400140918.png
1690400250644.png

Close up of the previous reconstruction:
1690400696666.png

Well I got my bf's birthstone in my class ring and he got my birthstone. It was a whole thing at my school. HS sweethearts did tht sometimes. We used candle wax and or corn pads to take up space so we could wear our biyfriends class ring too. They'd wear ours around a necklace. I cant even blv we did tht- we were like 2 yrs old lol

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
catnisseverdeen
Back