Identified! NV - Reno, WhtFem 35-45, UP7713, 'Oakridge 1992' ring, plate in jaw left side, Jun'97 - Lorena Gayle Mosley

I'm glad this case has been solved.
I wonder what the significance of the Oakridge 1992 ring was? She wouldn't have graduated high school in 1992.
I also wonder how they can get fingerprints from "severely decomposed" remains??

Lorena was born in Seattle, Washington on January 30, 1956 to Robert Lee Sherwood (1923-1992) and Isabella Annie Linton.

View attachment 464837

Looks like she was living in Reno since about 1996, previous addresses in Kent, WA and Renton, WA. She was married in 1989 in King County, WA. Her husband died in 2000 in Washington.

View attachment 464831

Very happy to see she has her name back, may she rest in peace

I wonder what her husband said about why she wasn’t around any more. Or, of course, they could have separated long before age was killed.

Although a county forensic pathologist performed the autopsy, her cause of death wasn’t able to be determined due to “severe decompositional changes to her body,” officials said. Still, they were able to deem her manner of death as homicide “due to the circumstances.”

“This is the first lead in over 20 years on this cold case, made possible through new technology and innovation, and the generosity of donors. I am deeply gratified to be able to give Ms. Mosley the dignity of being laid to rest with her name,” Chief Medical Examiner and Coroner Dr. Laura D. Knight said in a news release..

Lorena was born in Seattle, Washington on January 30, 1956 to Robert Lee Sherwood (1923-1992) and Isabella Annie Linton.

View attachment 464837

Looks like she was living in Reno since about 1996, previous addresses in Kent, WA and Renton, WA. She was married in 1989 in King County, WA. Her husband died in 2000 in Washington.

View attachment 464831

Very happy to see she has her name back, may she rest in peace
Looks like her father died in 1992. That may explain the ring?

The high school ring had been stolen from someone during a burglary and they found the owner back then as referenced in old newspaper articles earlier in this thread. At the time, this provided no clues to Lorena's identity. Now that Lorena's name is known, maybe a connection could be figured out as to why she was wearing the ring, or maybe not.

I'm glad this case has been solved.
I wonder what the significance of the Oakridge 1992 ring was? She wouldn't have graduated high school in 1992.
I also wonder how they can get fingerprints from "severely decomposed" remains??
Nevada is dry. Although her body was described as "decomposed", the fingers might have been mummified. Forensic scientists can remove the digits, rehydrate them, and obtain fingerprints from them.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roseashley592
Back