NV NV - Reno, WhtMale, 50-70, #UP79659, hanged himself in park bathroom, used a walker, Mar ‘21

EmiliaRT007

Reaction score
Since I posted a Doe late, I’ll post one early to make up for it. Tomorrow’s Jane Doe and Unknown Doe will be posted on time. I’ll post the John Doe early.

Today’s decedent is an elderly man who hanged himself in a public park bathroom two years ago. His Namus can be found here. The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs) **POSTMORTEM WARNING! Not gory, but his eyes are open, so it may be sensitive to some.**

On March 27, 2021, an elderly man was found deceased in Reno, Nevada. He hanged himself in the restroom of a public park.

His body was in recognizable condition. The decedent is described as a white male in his fifties or sixties. He had gray hair and brown eyes.

He stood 5’9” (175 cm) tall and weighed 129 pounds (59 kg). The decedent had no form of identification on his person, but he did utilize a walker. I think personally he was on the older side of his age range or possibly had a disability. The use of a walker also explains his weight IMO. 129 pounds is very light for a 5’9” man. I think the muscles weakened over time or he had a disability.

The decedent was wearing a white Fruit of the Loom brand T-shirt (size L), two white mid-calf socks, gray slip on Skechers (size 9.5), black DriWorks brand sweatpants with a gray stripe down the leg, with a small tear at the hip (size XL), and another pair of sweatpants, also DriWorks, which were blue with a lighter blue stripe down the leg (size M).

Another thing to note is that his PMI is listed as 830 hours. That’s most definitely not accurate. I think they possibly meant something like 8-10 hours based on the condition of his remains, or maybe 8-30 hours.

B8F5C0C5-C721-46F4-9CF1-FEFCA7CF7A79.jpegI’m going to start doing some potential matches.

James Edward “Jim” Armstrong, Jr. Missing in Nov. 2020 from Rosamond, CA, aged 56.
Here’s Jim and the deceased side by side.

Comparisons:
Hair: Same color.
Eyes: Jim has green eyes while the deceased has brown eyes. I do feel like Jim’s look a bit more hazel than green but that could just be the photo.
Hairstyle: Similar! Deceased has less white in his hair and has some freckles on his forehead.
Height: Jim is 5’10” and the deceased is 5’9”.
Weight: Jim is 160 pounds while the deceased is 130 pounds. Could have lost weight though.
Face shape: Both men have a very similar face shape IMO. Both quite rounded.
Nose: The deceased has a little dip in his nose not present on Jim but the two men have similar nose shapes. The deceased’s nostrils turn a bit out to the side while Jim’s are more straight down.
Facial hair: Both men have short beards, but the deceased has a more salt and pepper beard while Jim’s is white.
Eye shape: Jim’s eyes look smaller, but that could be because he is smiling while the deceased has a neutral look on his face. The deceased’s eyes also just look a bit bigger.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zurbamommyof2
Back