Weight: 172 lbs, Measured

Circumstances

Type: Unidentified Deceased
Date Body Found: July 11, 1987
NamUs Case Created: June 15, 2008
ME/C QA Reviewed: August 1, 2010
County: Washoe County
Circumstances of Recovery:
Discovered with a self-inflicted gunshot wound to the head. Weapon was 12ga, double barrell shotgun, blue steel, ser.#260110

Inventory of Remains: All parts recovered
Condition of Remains: Recognizable face

Physical Description

Hair Color: Brown
Head Hair Description: Brown and gray (salt and pepper)
Left Eye Color: Brown
Right Eye Color: Brown

Distinctive Physical Features​

Other distinctive physical characteristic: Decedent wore EEE in width shoes.

Clothing and Accessories

Accessories: Double barrel shotgun (Stoeger 12 gauge, serial # 260110) (Near the Body)

Clothing: Plaid shirt-blue, white, black and yellow Medium white t-shirt Blue jeans (size 36x30, with design of Great Plains Clothing Company) Jockey type shorts (size 36) Black leather shoes Dark blue socks (On the Body)

Footwear: no size except EEE in width Black (Suburbans) (On the Body)

______________________________________________________________________________________________

DoeNetwork (2046UNMV)

Dentals: Available.
Fingerprints: Available.
DNA: Not available.

Circumstances of Discovery:
Discovered with a self-inflicted gunshot wound to the head. Weapon was 12ga, double barrell shotgun, blue steel, ser.#260110
The decedent was located in the Truckee River next to the north bank, 20 yards west of the Mayberry Bridge with a self-inflicted gunshot wound to the head.

Gosh, he wasn't a particularly big guy but that shoe size is something else! I wonder if they did even a cursory check of companies that sold that size back in the 80s. There had to be a much more limited selection than we have now.

I wonder if Suburban was the brand of shoe or if there was an indication that they were sold at the store Suburban Shoes
Our store is located in downtown Madison NJ. Our knowledgeable staff has more than 75 years of experience in fitting shoes

That would narrow down the area to the east coast, but that's not especially helpful. I'm glad that his face was still recognizable. It looks like he had beautiful eyelashes. I wonder if that feature, in addition to the very wide feet, might be indicative of a medical issue/syndrome. OTOH he could have just been accommodating hammer toes, bunions, etc. Interestingly, I have some family members who have to purchase wide shoes and their feet look almost rectangular. I'm just trying to imagine what a EEE would look like.

This John Doe's NamUs Profile was modified on 3/25/24
No new rule outs added.
I don't remember seeing this case before. Hopefully he is close to being identified.

The man with initials MA, post #3 above, is no longer in NamUs.

I hope this unidentified man will be identified this year. He was fairly young. I think someone has probably missed him since 1987 but didn't know how to find him.

The man with initials MA, post #3 above, is no longer in NamUs.

I hope this unidentified man will be identified this year. He was fairly young. I think someone has probably missed him since 1987 but didn't know how to find him.
I saw that too. I googled his name to see if anything came up and nothing did except for his thread here and another website.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ecdub
Back