Recovered/Located NV - Ronnie (found deceased) & Beverly Barker (taken for med care), RV trip, Stagecoach, 27 Mar 2022

roguelady

Reaction score
Ronnie and Beverly Barker have been missing for a week. There have been searches and no sign of them, their large RV or tow car. This is very concerning. They were traveling between Albany, OR and Las Vegas. The last sighting of them was Sunday night, March 27, in Stagecoach, NV. Prayers they are found safe.

Search for Indianapolis couple missing in Nevada desert | wthr.com

Ronnie and Beverly Barker have been missing for a week. There have been searches and no sign of them, their large RV or tow car. This is very concerning. They were traveling between Albany, OR and Las Vegas. The last sighting of them was Sunday night, March 27, in Stagecoach, NV. Prayers they are found safe.

Well this is crazy. I can imagine (tho I think it unlikely) they could’ve found an out of the way spot to camp for a night but what really concerns me is that all their ‘tech’ ie., phones etc seem to have gone offline at roughly the same time that night per the article.

I wonder if/where they had camping reservations in/near Vegas. Do they ever ‘boondock’ camp, go out of the way places without electric and water hookups? Bad things happen in/near Vegas. I lived there in the 80’s and the crime/murder rate was horrendous then!

Praying for a happy outcome

The article says they were headed to Tucson, AZ. Wondering if then Vegas was a stop along the way.

First of all, the abandoned area of Coaldale isn’t even a wide spot in the road. It's a creepy-looking abandoned place.

Secondly, I don’t think Troy Driver, who has been arrested for the kidnapping and murder of Naomi Irilon is involved.

This location is interesting, however. It’s the intersection of Highway 6 and Highway 95 in Nevada.

Highway 95 is the most direct route between Las Vegas and the Reno-Tahoe area, so it actually has a fair amount of passenger as well as truck traffic.

And I discovered something about Highway 6: It seems to be a big segment for commercial trucking between the Southern California region and not only northern Nevada, but Utah, Idaho, and possibly eastern Washington to Montana.

You see it as you drive up Highway 395 out of Riverside, or Highway 14 out of northern LA where it seems like fleets of semis are out there and then at Bishop, CA they all come off on to tiny little Highway 6 and then east to Highway 95 and beyond.

So there is a great deal more traffic at that location than you would imagine

There is a Caltrans traffic camera at the agricultural station ,where most semis have to stop on weekdays just at the CA/NV border on Highway 6, and Nevada traffic camera on Highway 95 about 20 miles north just outside of Hawthorne NV. I also believe there are several CCTV cameras in Tonopah, NV which is south of the 6/95 intersection. I don’t see any cameras at the 6/95 location.

It's a 2.5 hour trip at 65 mph from Stagecoach to Coaldale. They were last seen in Stagecoach at 6:40, so assuming they are going about 55, they should have been in Coaldale by about 9:30 or so. That's really quite late for an older couple like this driving a large rig. It makes sense that they didn't push on to Tonopah, which would have been another 45 minutes to an hour.

So, presumably they stopped for the night in Coaldale, even though there are no services at all.

OT, and no disrespect meant to the Barkers!

Dave Letterman's first job in TV was doing the weather at WTHR. Used to watch that channel, in the 1970's.

Probably Mr. & Mrs. Barker watched him as well.
It's interesting you mention this. A relative of the Bakers works at WTHR.

SBM
13News will continue to follow this story, which is close to us because the couple's nephew works for WTHR.

If their devices last pinged in the Coaldale, NV area and their next destination was apparently an RV Park near Nellis AFB outside of Vegas, they should have been found by now, I would think. There aren't too many routes between Coaldale and Nellis AFB. Lots of updates and info at their FB page. Hope they are found today. I feel for their family and friends. Lots of people are searching today, so that's encouraging.

There is an official Facebook page for this sweet looking couple. I'm apparently not able to link it but perhaps someone else could? Thank you.
I did a "quick" check and I don't see the admins being close friends or family. I could be wrong. The posts are copied from personal families FB's so I'm not sure if it can be posted here. IMO

I did a "quick" check and I don't see the admins being close friends or family. I could be wrong. The posts are copied from personal families FB's so I'm not sure if it can be posted here. IMO

I believe their nephew is running the FB page and also their daughter is commenting. I would post a link to the page but I don't know how.

This is the link for the Facebook page.
Their daughter posted here that they are good with technology .. Also that they have T Mobile. Others have noted that's the best service provider for the area and has a better chance of their having service. Still doesn't explain the fact they've bee missing and still are missing a week later.

My husband and I just arrived in Vegas today. We are staying for a few days at an RV Park then heading to Phoenix. We usually go to Green Valley Arizona as well, just not this time. I will definitely keep an eye out for these two and their rig.

Not too many routes, but if they took a wrong turn -- it can take a long time to find a wide enough place to turn a camping rig around.

Also hope they are found today!

We use a Garmin GPS. It is better than Google but can still try to lead you down a road that's not even a road. We don't 100 percent trust these. So I wonder if they had a habit of using these. And it is not hard to lose a cell signal out here it is like it's 1995 or something.

If they were supposed to meet up with friends in Tucson on Tuesday, why were they only officially reported missing yesterday? I understand that people never want to "think the worst" when communication stops, but these sound like very connected people and had a definite itinerary. They were to spend the night at an RV Park in NV near the AFB, and then head to Tucson and connect with friends on Tuesday. If they were trying to get to the RV park on Sunday night, they very well could have gotten lost. So they don't show up or communicate with friends on Tuesday, and the alarm isn't sounded until this weekend. How unfortunate. I know that if I had friends or family due to arrive and didn't hear from them, I wouldn't wait 5 days to report them missing. No blame here. People hate to overreact and we always want to assume that something just "held them up." But now it's been one week with no sign of them. Let's pray for good news (for a change.) Just my opinion.

My son is drilling a well in Moab for the next several weeks. I will let him know as well. Is there a good picture of their rig and car anywhere?

That's great that your son can be on the lookout for this couple. If you go to the Facebook page linked here, they have posters/pictures with info about their vehicles. They have a large RV and a tow car (Kia Soul) with Indiana plates.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rypie15
Back