Recovered/Located NV - Ronnie (found deceased) & Beverly Barker (taken for med care), RV trip, Stagecoach, 27 Mar 2022

GREAT!

That is exactly what they are doing. Searching for the Barkers.

One is at 9450 ft, the other is higher at 11,300. A bit high for search grids. Both moving along a pretty fast clip: 141 kts, 151 tks

Ah, I wasn’t sure if they were too high/too fast or not! I hope they’re found soon; this must be devastating for the family. :(

GREAT!

That is exactly what they are doing. Searching for the Barkers.

One is at 9450 ft, the other is higher at 11,300. A bit high for search grids. Both moving along a pretty fast clip: 141 kts, 151 tks

They're flying over those Garfield Hills just south of Highway 95 near Luning.

It will be interesting to see where they go after Mina.
Wonder why Hawthorne?

I first heard of this case in a road trip group I’m in on FB. Initially was thinking either an accident, got lost, got stuck etc. Now I am leaning towards foul play with the info we have, sadly.

Although I agree the gas station would have been a good place for someone to enter and overtake their RV, wouldn’t that likely have been caught on camera? Or were they filling up at a pump not covered by cameras? Were they just seen inside the store? If that’s the case, then I could see someone spying this really nice rig, an elderly couple, and overtaking it. Maybe even gaining access under the guise of “Wow what a nice rig! Mind if I check it out?”

Another thought I had - since you can’t use the RR in it while moving, do you think one of them needed to use the bathroom while on the Highway so they pulled over and stopped either on the side of the Highway or off ramp to do so and someone encountered them at that point? (I am not an RVer so not sure if it’s typical to stop like that).
Sorry, don’t know how this got started……but you CAN use the bathroom while rolling down the road in a motorhome. We have the same model and love it for it’s convenience. The passenger can get up and go make sandwiches, get cold drinks, or use the restroom while rolling. I don’t know if mobility issues might prevent Ron & Bev from doing it….lbut it is very doable in general and one reason many choose the motorhome option.

Wonder why Hawthorne?
They are flying south out of Carson City.

Following Highway 95 would take them over Hawthorne

There are all those military ammunition storage bunkers out there in Hawthorne,, too. They're certainly big enough to hide the Barker's entire rig in.

Now flying along Highway 265 to Silver Peak.

Latest update from nephew Travis. No sightings on camera in Tonopah. Civil Air is searching today. Shifting search efforts to west of 95/6 junction. Silver Peak area has many searches ongoing.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-04-05 at 1.45.21 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-04-05 at 1.45.21 PM.png
    454.1 KB · Views: 37
This is the updated timeline according to the family:

screen-shot-2022-04-05-at-12-05-30-am-png.339035

Note they left Mt. Shasta at about noon and then were seen in Stagecoach at 3:48pm, not 2:30.

Mt Shasta to the Nellis AFB area in Las Vegas is an 11 hour drive, without stopping. I assume this is where they wanted to stop:

Desert Eagle RV Park - Nellis Life

There is also a huge off-limits Nellis Air Target and Target Practice area that is just outside of Tonopah. It's not an Air Base, but there is a chance that was the location they had entered and thought they were driving to. That could have been estimated at an 8 hour drive. That really does alight better with their trip progress, until they disappeared.

Were either Ronnie or Beverly ex-military?
Yes, it has been stated on FB page they are both ex-military. Guess that's the reason for staying at Nellis AFB.

Latest update from nephew Travis. No sightings on camera in Tonopah. Civil Air is searching today.

Oh, Ronnie was in Civil Air Patrol as a young man.

How poignant.

Family suggesting searching Highway 6 and 360, and trying to get someone in the Bishop CA area interested in searching Highway 6 and it's environs along Highway 395

There is a Caltrans traffic cam at the Agricultural Check station at Benton. That footage needs to be examined for the last 10 days !

They are flying south out of Carson City.

Following Highway 95 would take them over Hawthorne

There are all those military ammunition storage bunkers out there in Hawthorne,, too. They're certainly big enough to hide the Barker's entire rig in.

Now flying along Highway 265 to Silver Peak.
From google maps it appears you have to pass through the town of Silver Peak to get to Nivlock Rd, so there would be some cameras there...

JMO

Last edited:
Recent Media shots posted on FB page. From searches I believe.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-04-05 at 1.59.48 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-04-05 at 1.59.48 PM.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 85
  • Screen Shot 2022-04-05 at 2.03.16 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-04-05 at 2.03.16 PM.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 95
  • Screen Shot 2022-04-05 at 2.03.38 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-04-05 at 2.03.38 PM.png
    852.9 KB · Views: 76
This is the updated timeline according to the family:

screen-shot-2022-04-05-at-12-05-30-am-png.339035

Note they left Mt. Shasta at about noon and then were seen in Stagecoach at 3:48pm, not 2:30.

Mt Shasta to the Nellis AFB area in Las Vegas is an 11 hour drive, without stopping. I assume this is where they wanted to stop:

Desert Eagle RV Park - Nellis Life

There is also a huge off-limits Nellis Air Target and Target Practice area that is just outside of Tonopah. It's not an Air Base, but there is a chance that was the location they had entered and thought they were driving to. That could have been estimated at an 8 hour drive. That really does alight better with their trip progress, until they disappeared.

Were either Ronnie or Beverly ex-military?

Ron retired from the military before pursuing jobs in the civilian sector. He was in the Air Force if I remember correctly.

My heart breaks for this family.

I'm sure someone has feedback to the family by now that Mt. Shasta to Stagecoach is not doable in 3.48 hours. Its about 5 hours in a normal car. I'm sure starting point doesn't matter much though. A rain system passed through Reno on the 28th and into Stagecoach. Wind gusts from 4-6pm at 20-25 mph

According to their timeline there is a surveillance image in Luning - there is not much in Luning. There is a "rest area" on the map and no way I would be pulling over. Maybe the image is from the post office? There are no other businesses in town, I doubt they stopped at the rock shop.
upload_2022-4-5_10-50-59.png

I traveled this path from Reno to Vegas for years and enjoyed the drive. Flat and empty, I usually drive in the mornings because there is less traffic and something about the rising sun makes it prettier. Had to pull the images up to jog the memory as I pass through these towns pretty fast (lol). Fallon to Beatty are my gas stops. I do not stop in-between for gas. My last trip through the area was sketchy (followers, looks on the road) and I did not feel safe like I used too. I have a Spot and a .45 on my road trips. Next trip is via airplane.

Sorry, don’t know how this got started……but you CAN use the bathroom while rolling down the road in a motorhome. We have the same model and love it for it’s convenience. The passenger can get up and go make sandwiches, get cold drinks, or use the restroom while rolling. I don’t know if mobility issues might prevent Ron & Bev from doing it….lbut it is very doable in general and one reason many choose the motorhome option.
Right, it can be done but you do have to hold on. She was in a wheel chair. My husband was disabled. It makes it near impossible.

Stagecoach to the Luning Rest Area is approx. 2-1/2 hours and so it's quite possible they stopped there for a rest break. There are really only two scenarios at this point. Either they took a wrong turn sometime after leaving Luning and are stuck in the middle of nowhere, or they ran into some very bad people (perhaps at the Luning Rest Area) and they were abducted and either forced to drive or incapacitated. There is no proof that Ron was driving and Bev was in passenger seat in that grainy picture taken south of the Luning Rest Area. Or am I mistaken and it's 100% verified that the Barkers were driving the RV in Luning?

Recent Media shots posted on FB page. From searches I believe.
Just noting, the Silver Peak Apple watch signal exactly coincides with how long it would take to drive there from Luning.

Also, it seems the Find My apple app works by connecting to nearby apple devices (who knew). So if it's out of bluetooth range of another device, if I am interpreting correctly, it won't be located.

"if a Bluetooth-equipped device is nearby, it will show up in the Find My app, but if it's out of range, the map will show the last known location. If you lose an item and someone else with an ‌iPhone‌, iPad, or Mac comes close to it, it can communicate with their device with the approximate location of the item relayed securely and privately back to you."
Everything You Need to Know About Apple's Find My Network Accessory Program

ETA So it seems almost a certainty, to me, that the watch passed through Silver Peak heading west...

JMO

Last edited:
Oh gosh, this is so sad. It makes me recall the Jim and Michelle Butler case, which didn't end well. But also another case, I'm struggling to recall the names, similar circumstances where they ended up lost in a very remote area in their RV. They were from Canada, and were the in-laws of a friend in an online group. The mother was eventually found alive, the father had died. I believe the father had walked away to try and find help. It was such an amazing miracle when she was found! So, there is hope. And I'll be praying for this couple.

ETA: Chetrien! That was the couples name. The wife survived 49 days!
B.C. woman blames GPS for getting couple lost | CBC News

Reminds me of another very tragic case from Canada. An elderly couple, Lyle and Marie McCann, were violently attacked by a meth addict after stopping at a rest stop on the side of the road. I imagine they might’ve represented easy prey to someone desperate for cash for a next fix. They were initially reported missing when they didn’t arrive at their destination, then burned out RV was later connected and vehicle that they were towing was eventually found but never the bodies although the suspected culprit was convicted. It was very high profile, I’m certain it made a lot of seniors more wary of travelling due to the risk of crossing paths with nefarious cold-hearted addicts.

Murders of Lyle and Marie McCann - Wikipedia

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Legomatica_Locate
Back