GUILTY NV - Sayah Deal, 1, dies in hot car, dad refuses to break window, Las Vegas, Oct 2020

cocomod

Reaction score
Father, 27, charged after refusing help to break open hot car, failing to save life of his daughter | Daily Mail Online

A Las Vegas dad has been charged with child abuse leading to substantial bodily harm after his one-year-old daughter was found dead in a hot car.

Sidney Deal, 27, was arrested on Monday after refusing several efforts to free his daughter, Sayah, from the hot car, where she was trapped for about an hour.

he didn't want to break the car windows of his Nissan Altima because of the potential cost to the vehicle

He's pictured wearing a Dior shirt and Gucci belt, but was worried about spending $200 or so to replace a car window? I can't afford anything by Dior or Gucci, but would break my car window in a heartbeat if my child was stuck inside. Also, I've read in other articles that baby girl was already in rigor. I think there is much more to this story...

He's pictured wearing a Dior shirt and Gucci belt, but was worried about spending $200 or so to replace a car window? I can't afford anything by Dior or Gucci, but would break my car window in a heartbeat if my child was stuck inside. Also, I've read in other articles that baby girl was already in rigor. I think there is much more to this story...
Probably knock offs bought from the guy on the corner.
Was the child in the car while the parents argued perhaps? More than sixty minutes?

And wouldn’t the car be running for the AC to be on in the car? Can the new cars be locked with the car running?

I drive an old Subaru, but I don't care if I drove a brand new Tesla, I'd bust out every window in the dang thing to get my baby! And (from the article) grandma says
"my son was not negligent the way he handled it," after learning her precious granddaughter is dead? How much more negligent can you be?

Last edited:
Probably knock offs bought from the guy on the corner.
Was the child in the car while the parents argued perhaps? More than sixty minutes?

And wouldn’t the car be running for the AC to be on in the car? Can the new cars be locked with the car running?
They can but the key has to be near by unless it’s not keyless start. I’ve locked my dogs in the car before to run inside with it running. Unless it was running by remote start. Turn car off. Lock doors, remote start and walk away for few minutes. Not sure how long it will run though.

I don’t understand how police couldn’t just break the window without his consent? If the child was distressed break the window, there is no negotiating. No calling tow trucks, no calling locksmith, no calling brother. The only thing I can think is child was obviously passed and they were trying to preserve the crime scene.
IMOO

Mother of the man arrested after daughter dies in car speaks out | KLAS
"However, when officers offered to call for a tow truck, locksmith, or break the car windows, Deal denied the request because he didn’t want to break the windows of his new vehicle, the report said. Instead, Deal used the officer’s phone to call his brother, Samid Deal, the arrest report said. "

"Based on call logs and witness statements, Metro Police believes Sayah was in the car for more than 60 minutes before officers broke out the window. "

"Coroner investigators say little Sayah’s appearance was consistent with being in a hot environment for an extended period of time.

Deal is being held on $20,000 bail. He did not show up to court for his first appearance on Monday due to ‘medical refusal.’

His next appearance is scheduled for Thursday."

If the police could hear the car running or were told the car was running and also told the a/c was on would they wait for permission to break the window to rescue the child ?"

Call me confused. "I don't want to pay for new windows or a locksmith or a tow truck. She'll be fine."
Police: "Well we are going to err on the side of caution. Stand back."

That wasn't what they were trained to do?

bbm
Hmmmm, yes, interesting.

What a

I'm sorry but this story is just wrong on every end. I've seen police officers break a window here in New Jersey with someone's dog locked inside on a hot day. The LVPD are going to give him an OPTION with a child in the car?? The Grandmother should also get locked up just for her comment alone. Ugghh what is wrong with people!!

Mother of the man arrested after daughter dies in car speaks out | KLAS
"However, when officers offered to call for a tow truck, locksmith, or break the car windows, Deal denied the request because he didn’t want to break the windows of his new vehicle, the report said. Instead, Deal used the officer’s phone to call his brother, Samid Deal, the arrest report said. "

"Based on call logs and witness statements, Metro Police believes Sayah was in the car for more than 60 minutes before officers broke out the window. "

"Coroner investigators say little Sayah’s appearance was consistent with being in a hot environment for an extended period of time.

Deal is being held on $20,000 bail. He did not show up to court for his first appearance on Monday due to ‘medical refusal.’

His next appearance is scheduled for Thursday."

If the police could hear the car running or were told the car was running and also told the a/c was on would they wait for permission to break the window to rescue the child ?"
Seems to me that if the car owner was there, LE might ask to break the windows since maybe the car owner might have a key or password to get into the car. There apparently being none, of course they would break the window.
SMH -- what kind of father was this.
And him saying, "She'll be fine." WTH?
And a $20,000 bond?? This child was dead or nearly so at the scene.

Or am I confused about what I've read??

Last edited:
Father, 27, charged after refusing help to break open hot car, failing to save life of his daughter | Daily Mail Online

A Las Vegas dad has been charged with child abuse leading to substantial bodily harm after his one-year-old daughter was found dead in a hot car.

Sidney Deal, 27, was arrested on Monday after refusing several efforts to free his daughter, Sayah, from the hot car, where she was trapped for about an hour.

he didn't want to break the car windows of his Nissan Altima because of the potential cost to the vehicle

From the Daily Mail article:

I believe this DM commenter named, "itooktheredpill" had the right answer.

It makes me sick because police say she was breathing when they arrived. His brother offered to break the window too. How can a material thing - cost - be more important than the welfare of his child?

This sorry excuse of a father didn't allow them to save his daughter!

This story is fishy. He had repeated offers and no one just flat out insisted on breaking the dang window? I have never heard of so many people standing around and accepting someone not wanting to break a car window?

Also is it possible to have rigor that quickly? If she was only in the car for an hour then she was dead less than an hour. I don't want to blame the officers. But I'm confused about how long they were there BEFORE they broke the window. I could care less about PR. Who the heck would ever call it racist to break in a window to rescue a child? That makes no sense.

It's also weird that the child's mother supports him and his story and didn't push to break the window herself. I'm not surprised his mother believes his story but the dead child's mother?

Who dickers with a locksmith over price and just tells them not to bother helping getting his child out of the car? IF he really just wanted to preserve the window unharmed dickering for the best deal is sociopathic and giving UP on getting someone to open the window is insane.

Just saw this -- please forgive if it's a repeat:

Toddler Dies in Hot Car After Father Allegedly Refuses Police's Offer to Break Windows

Authorities said Sidney Deal declined police's offers to break the windows, call a tow truck or get a locksmith when his daughter Sayah was locked in a hot car
[...]
Police spokesman Larry Hadfield said Tuesday that the officers waited to break the window because Deal was adamant about protecting the car and they could see the child breathing.

“The dad said that the A/C was on and the kid was playing, and when the officers arrived, they saw that she was breathing” Hadfield said according to the Journal-Review. “But when the officers got concerned for the child’s well-being, they broke the window.”

Source:
Toddler Dies in Hot Car After Father Allegedly Refuses Police's Offer to Break Windows

Wonder what her autopsy will reveal! Was she hurt before this? Did they want her to die? Poor baby! This is beyond evil!
Oh my, @passionflower, my heart breaks at the thought. Good (bad) questions. Well, if she had been hurt, it will be discovered, just as you asked.
And if so, we at least know that she will suffer no more.

Father charged in child’s death posts bail, will remain on house arrest

27-year-old Sidney Deal posted a bail of 20,000 dollars and will remain on house arrest.

The judge warned him about the consequences of breaking his house arrest agreement. ”Sir, you need to stay out of trouble during this time when you’re out of custody. I promise you any reports from house arrest or anything is going to wind you back in custody.”

Father charged in child’s death posts bail, will remain on house arrest

27-year-old Sidney Deal posted a bail of 20,000 dollars and will remain on house arrest.

The judge warned him about the consequences of breaking his house arrest agreement. ”Sir, you need to stay out of trouble during this time when you’re out of custody. I promise you any reports from house arrest or anything is going to wind you back in custody.”

BBM - He can post bail but can't afford to replace a broken window to save his daughter's life?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johandev
Back