NV NV - Steven T. Koecher, 30, Henderson, 13 Dec 2009 - #21

Status
Not open for further replies.
One other thing. John Rigg never saw Steven Koecher. After corresponding with him on a number of occasions I can tell you that he is weird and knows darn well that he never saw Steven Koecher.

He is either seeking attention, is bored or both. But he knows he never saw Steven but still to this day enjoys peddling his *advertiser censored* and bull story.

This is not to disparage the family or those who hope that Steven Koecher is still alive, however, that is mostly in the movies. Jack Bauer can disappear and not be found or Harold Finch from Person of Interest can, but in real life it's very hard for an average guy like Steven Koecher to up and disappear. I was a skip-tracer for many years and I could always verify the area someone was in at the least if I could not get their exact location.

In order to disappear so thoroughly where nobody could even verify that you are dead or alive, you have to have resources. Money being one of them, which Steven from my understanding had very little. In order to stay completely off the grid one would need a new SS#, DOB, driver's license, birth certificate or fraudulent passport and this is not cheap. Not to mention one would have to find someone willing to get you those items. So not only do you need money but you would need connections. To even rent a room in a flea bag hotel you need an I.D.

That doesn't mean the same as simply not being found. Take the case of Whitey Bulger the criminal who was on the 10 most wanted. The F.B.I. could not find him for a long time but they knew that he was alive, they knew that we was hiding out. There was never a question of whether he was dead or alive. Whitey never had an SS# and didn't hold down a legitimate job. He was a criminal and they were still able to know that the man was alive.

Take the case of the disappearance of Olivia Newton John's boyfriend Patrick McDermott who faked his own death and was found living in Mexico City, to avoid paying taxes and avoiding other creditors. This was a guy who had the means and a real desire to go off the grid and even with the means at his disposal a private eye was able to find him after brief inquiry.

Yeah going totally off the grid is good stuff for movies and conspiracy buffs, but in today's age of PRISM and technology, it's very unlikely if not almost impossible.

There's a big difference between not wanting to be found and going completely off the grid to the point that not even the authorities, private detectives or other professionals would not be able to even verify that you're dead or alive.
Kelly

Call it a hunch, but heading over to Vuethru on Deora would be consistent with grabbing some fliers for marketing and printing purposes.

I don't believe he was in that neighborhood for a job interview. However if he spoke to someone who told him that he could help him build up the window washing business by redoing his fliers or creating a new logo, that would make sense.

But the window washing business was not his. He didn't own it, so why would he change the fliers that belonged to his employer? It would be one thing if his boss instructed him to do so, but I would imagine that LE would have verified that by now.

Please correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought Steven Koecher's job was merely to pass out fliers.

But the window washing business was not his. He didn't own it, so why would he change the fliers that belonged to his employer? It would be one thing if his boss instructed him to do so, but I would imagine that LE would have verified that by now.

Please correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought Steven Koecher's job was merely to pass out fliers.

This is correct.

"Friends and family think employment may have been the reason for Koecher's trip south, but that remains speculation. He took a job handing out fliers for a St. George window washing business, but it hardly paid the bills. When Koecher disappeared, he was broke."

http://www.8newsnow.com/story/13642095/searching-for-the-missing-people-of-las-vegas

You are correct. And zero fliers were found in the neighborhood where Steven's car was found.

I think it's safe to assume there are plenty of windows and probably a good number of graphic artists in St. George. No need to drive two hours south for either one of those purposes.

Laytonian-Did you post on your original timeline that Steven's phone pinged the next day off of a tower? My working theory about that is that it was a pocket dial and unintentional call to his voice mail.

Do you know the location of that last ping? Was there a construction site at the time near that location?

You are correct. And zero fliers were found in the neighborhood where Steven's car was found.

I think it's safe to assume there are plenty of windows and probably a good number of graphic artists in St. George. No need to drive two hours south for either one of those purposes.

Yes you could say that about every single reason why one would speculate about why he was in that neighborhood, but the fact is that he was there.

Maybe someone promised to change the fliers, maybe they had a new idea.

Either way whatever the reason that he was there, he could have done closer to where he lived, but he didn't.

Kelly

Yes you could say that about every single reason why one would speculate about why he was in that neighborhood, but the fact is that he was there.

Maybe someone promised to change the fliers, maybe they had a new idea.

Either way whatever the reason that he was there, he could have done closer to where he lived, but he didn't.

Kelly

Not any reason. I believe he was sent there for a specific reason. By someone else, and it had nothing to do with his actual job.

Why those vehicles?
Google satellite view? Those images were there, before Steven disappeared.

TWO carpet cleaning companies?

I know someone in the neighborhood moved (the D family), but cleaning carpets afterwards is entirely normal. We have to remember that the girl mentioned that those people "weren't members of the neighborhood watch" ... but that would have been a different family (the W family, with a very sick husband).

Between 2007 and 2011, I was tracking the Sinaloa Cartel who was residing and operating out of Las Vegas. The Cartels safe house was located in Anthem. Their "Cell" house was by Hollywood and Washington.

At the time of Steven disappearance (when his car was found) The head of the Cartel (Vegas Group) who resided in the Anthem safe house location (exact address unknown) appeared at my house covered in bright orange desert dirt all over his pants, like he just buried someone out in the Desert.

Also, while he was standing in my home office covered in this desert dirt.. he was on his cell phone speaking Spanish.. panicking.

A few days after I learned from another cartel member that the head guy fled to southern California, moving out of that Anthem safe house location.
He also mentioned that he was going to be now the "head guy" running the Las Vegas group location and NOW will by running (driving) large quantities of marijuana and crystal meth to Utah to Northern Nevada, along the SAME EXACT Routes and Places Steven Kocher went to.. (Stevens mysterious travels)

This Cartel Group I believe was responsible for the 6 year old Cole Pufinburger kidnapping a year earlier in Las Vegas, when Coles grandfather who was a courier for the Cartel in laundering money and drugs.. something like 4-5 mil. turned up missing.. or so.

Cole Puffinburger I believe was abducted from his home on Cherry Grove Ave, which is right down the block from Washington and Hollywood where the Sinaloa Cartel had their "Cell House" location at.

Renogirl,
I would not say Steven was "Broke" somebody was paying him for at least all of the gas for his mysterious travels..

I don't think his travels were mysterious at all. He was a young guy and probably miserable that he could not find a decent job. He had enough money for gas and a few small Christmas presents. I've done the same exact thing before. Drove all over California when I was bored or depressed. Drove from Huntington Beach to Palm Springs, to Las Vegas to San Francisco. I did it because I didn't have anything to do, no girlfriend and a job I didn't care much for. So there's no big mystery to the driving. Men will do that to get their minds off of things. I certainly have.

This is what I think happened to Steven Koecher. I don't think that he was "lured" to that area by a homicidal maniac or anything like that.

I think that he spoke to someone or called on an ad in craig's list about a job or business opportunity of some kind. Possible a MLM (Multi-level marketing) such as Amway or Prime-America. I've personally have called on those types of jobs to find out that they were bogus interviews and ended up finding out that the person doing the "interview" simply wanted to expand their down-line.

If you know much about mlm's you'll know that they can attract people who are not the best people in our society such as people who have been convicted of a felony and can't find work else where due to their criminal record

This is what I think happened to Steven Koecher. He went to that neighborhood thinking there was an opportunity and when he found out that it was bogus and expressed a disinterest someone lost their temper and started a fight and Steven ended up dead. Maybe even by accident.

I don't think that Steven's remains were buried in that neighborhood, but taken somewhere else. Too risky to dig a hole in a backyard and risk having a neighbor see it.

I think that his voice mail was dialed unintentionally the next day by a pocket dial. You only have to hit #1 to check voice mail.

Basically someone lost their temper when Steven said he wasn't interested, a fight started and Steven Koecher ended up dead. The person panicked and buried the body possible at a construction site in the area.

I could be wrong, but I don't think so. There was no serial killer, no maniac and he wasn't lured there to be killed. I think his death could very well be manslaughter or 2nd degree murder.

I know my theory isn't sexy, but it's the likely scenario. Ultimately it's my opinion. The idea that he disappeared or committed suicide, I believe is just ridiculous. The idea there was a serial killer in the neighborhood is similarly ridiculous.

Kelly

I do not mean to stereotype, but my birth mother is LDS, and I had many friends who were LDS in the last large city I lived in, and most WERE involved in a member- run MLM enterprise. My birth mother's pressure for me to participate in her MLM business is the reason I have not spoken to her in 12 years. I do not approve of using other people's money to live large, JMO.

The people I knew were all extremely close and they used their friendships to market to others in the ward, stake, etc. I'm sure these types of business ventures are common among people who share a close bond, but USUALLY they are people of substantial financial means to begin with.
However, I DO think his driving was excessive. For someone living out of their car, apparently, he had many priorities which should have come before driving. People do networking with phones, cell phones, internet, you name it, but not cars these days, unless he was going to see a Bishop or other church authority, which we have no evidence that he was or did. JMO.

Between 2007 and 2011, I was tracking the Sinaloa Cartel who was residing and operating out of Las Vegas. The Cartels safe house was located in Anthem. Their "Cell" house was by Hollywood and Washington.

At the time of Steven disappearance (when his car was found) The head of the Cartel (Vegas Group) who resided in the Anthem safe house location (exact address unknown) appeared at my house covered in bright orange desert dirt all over his pants, like he just buried someone out in the Desert.

Also, while he was standing in my home office covered in this desert dirt.. he was on his cell phone speaking Spanish.. panicking.

A few days after I learned from another cartel member that the head guy fled to southern California, moving out of that Anthem safe house location.
He also mentioned that he was going to be now the "head guy" running the Las Vegas group location and NOW will by running (driving) large quantities of marijuana and crystal meth to Utah to Northern Nevada, along the SAME EXACT Routes and Places Steven Kocher went to.. (Stevens mysterious travels)

This Cartel Group I believe was responsible for the 6 year old Cole Pufinburger kidnapping a year earlier in Las Vegas, when Coles grandfather who was a courier for the Cartel in laundering money and drugs.. something like 4-5 mil. turned up missing.. or so.

Cole Puffinburger I believe was abducted from his home on Cherry Grove Ave, which is right down the block from Washington and Hollywood where the Sinaloa Cartel had their "Cell House" location at.

So, how do you suppose Steven became involved with this cartel?

Probably through a friend who does drugs. And the Cartel recruits delivery persons / couriers who do not do any drugs. Once these persons are recruited, they are given "throw a way" cell phone like Boost Mobile or Trac cell phones used only for Cartel related work.

Probably through a friend who does drugs. And the Cartel recruits delivery persons / couriers who do not do any drugs. Once these persons are recruited, they are given "throw a way" cell phone like Boost Mobile or Trac cell phones used only for Cartel related work.

Police dogs found no evidence of drugs in his car. And, according to the episode of "Disappeared," his cellular provider was some sort of "family plan" that he shared with his parents.

http://www.lasvegassun.com/news/2013/dec/28/hiker-found-dead-peak-east-las-vegas/

A hiker discovered a man’s body Saturday afternoon on Frenchman Mountain.

Metro Police Lt. Ken Romane said the corpse, which appears to be that of another hiker, was found about 4 p.m. The man who found him reportedly had to walk to an area with cellphone service before calling police, at which point the sun was setting and the body was more difficult to access.

A police helicopter flew over the area and spotted the body; police will return early Sunday to retrieve it.

Frenchman Mountain is just east of Las Vegas, near Sunrise Mountain.

An effort by conservative activist Chuck Muth to rename the 4,000-foot peak after former president Ronald Reagan attracted national attention this year before the project fizzled early this month when Rep. Dina Titus, D-Nev., instead filed a bill to name the landmark after a Maude Frazier, a fellow Democrat and the first woman to serve as lieutenant governor of Nevada.

Police dogs found no evidence of drugs in his car. And, according to the episode of "Disappeared," his cellular provider was some sort of "family plan" that he shared with his parents.

From Stevens direction of travel he would be bringing cash down south, not drugs..
And from the surveillance video, Steven was carrying a mini backpack clenched to his side.. question is what was in that backpack?
And according to that episode on "disappeared" they would not have any idea if Steven had a secondary cell phone that was unlisted in his name.

Do you have links for this information?

Thanks,

Salem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads