NV NV - Steven T. Koecher, 30, Henderson, 13 Dec 2009 - #21

Status
Not open for further replies.
It sure seems like it's taking awhile doesn't it?! I look everyday but nothing has been released... I know it does seem too recent but I will feel better after confirmation.

cases like this make me want to go into a field of where i can work with missing persons cases. there is no reason this case shouldn't be solved. it's an outrage that this family cant even have answers to what happened to their son/brother/uncle. i'm guessing the lv investigators are just sitting on their tails? it makes me sick.

I completely agree with you on this. There is no reason, at the very least, there hasn't been more information uncovered. Someone knows something, and I think there are LE resources out there that haven't been utilized.

renogirl said:
It sure seems like it's taking awhile doesn't it?! I look everyday but nothing has been released... I know it does seem too recent but I will feel better after confirmation.

Just so everyone is aware, if DNA testing has to be done for identification, the Clark County Coroner sends the tests off to the University of North Texas. UNT does tests for free, so many jurisdictions take advantage of their services, which creates a rather large backlog. So the typical turnaround time is 6-9 months.

The body in the wash has been ID'd as 64-year-old Richard Lyn Jackson. Cause of death is still pending.

So where do we go from here? Does anyone think there are things, places, or people, to look at? So frustrating! Disappear without a trace!

So where do we go from here? Does anyone think there are things, places, or people, to look at? So frustrating! Disappear without a trace!

BBM

I sure do! The things, places and people that have been there all along NEED to be looked at, thoroughly, by the LE agencies involved.

Someone with ADD/ADHD may be, and probably is, more scatterbrained than the average person. Since the mind races at an elevated pace, always thinking of something, the person can easily get distracted and loses focus. SK might have exhibited such behavior with the reported pauses during his teachings.

People with Asperger's have social issues. They are often infatuated with something (trains, cars, space, cemeteries, castles, etc.) and know everything about that infatuation. And they must have a routine. Does anyone know whether SK fit that mold?

There is a documentary titled "I Think We're Alone Now" about a couple people who have A) Asperger's and B) Fanatic adoration of the singer Tiffany and it details their lives. I don't know SK from Adam but I don't think he had Asperger's. Further, I think his family would have figured it out long ago.

I'm still in the "walked away" camp with the decision to move to St. George being the preparation for the next step.

There is a documentary titled "I Think We're Alone Now" about a couple people who have A) Asperger's and B) Fanatic adoration of the singer Tiffany and it details their lives. I don't know SK from Adam but I don't think he had Asperger's. Further, I think his family would have figured it out long ago.

I'm still in the "walked away" camp with the decision to move to St. George being the preparation for the next step.

I am not saying that SK had Asperger's or not. But since I have a autistic daughter, and work with disabled people in the school system, it is often not diagnosed. Especially since it was not heard of until more recently. Parents who have kids SK's age, were not really aware when he was in school. A dr. who specalizes in autism, said there are many adults, who are now being diagnosed with Asperger's. Saying after learning about it, they think they may have it. My brother in-law, now in his 50's, very intelligent, good paying job,has children,etc. But we all thought he was just different, or odd. Just recently his wife said he has Asperger's. (Not a suprise to me) I feel sorry for these people, because they are misunderstood. People that do not know about Asperger's, think they are weird, confident, cocky, etc.

I am not saying that SK had Asperger's or not. But since I have a autistic daughter, and work with disabled people in the school system, it is often not diagnosed. Especially since it was not heard of until more recently. Parents who have kids SK's age, were not really aware when he was in school. A dr. who specalizes in autism, said there are many adults, who are now being diagnosed with Asperger's. Saying after learning about it, they think they may have it. My brother in-law, now in his 50's, very intelligent, good paying job,has children,etc. But we all thought he was just different, or odd. Just recently his wife said he has Asperger's. (Not a suprise to me) I feel sorry for these people, because they are misunderstood. People that do not know about Asperger's, think they are weird, confident, cocky, etc.

Yeah, I can't really say either way as I never met him so I have no idea if he was; it would take someone pretty close to him to speak to his mannerisms and behavior.

I am sad there is no new news, no new thoughts, no new ideas about Steven. id not want to hurt anyone, he just wanted to have a great life. He wanted a wife, a good job, live in good weather. He loved his family and they loved him. his friends saw the good in him, and did not have bad to say. He cared about his religion, and was active in it.

I am hopeful, there will be news about Steven. That his family,friends, and those of us who care about him, will find peace.

I am a mother of five children. Steven's father grew up in the same neighborhood my husband and myself grew up. Steven lived in a neighborhood where our family lived for several years in St. George(just 2 blks. away). We know many people there, including a daughter who lived near him. We just hoped we could somehow we would find a link, that would help find Steven. We contacted friends, Sk's friends, policemen, neighbors. but sk is still missing.

My heart goes out to his family and friends. I do not know what I would do, losing a son(not knowing where he is) and a husband. Peace be with them. But, wherever I go in Southern Ut. or Las Vegas area, I will always remember Steven, always look for him, and tell others about him. For all of you lovely people who care about him, you are awesome.

The last weeks, with not much on here, I feel like I have lost someone. I do not want the ideas or where he might be, or what could have happened, to end. My heart feels so full. There is just something special about him-I feel it.

I will check-in occasionally. And will be going to St, george soon, and continue to tell the story.
Sincerely,sbakker

I am heading to St. George on Thursday. I too am thinking about Steven. I pray for answers for his family. I wish that there was someone out there that could find him!

I haven't given up. I still look for Steven wherever I go. It's just habit now. There's just nothing new to discuss. :(

I haven't given up. I still look for Steven wherever I go. It's just habit now. There's just nothing new to discuss. :(

Same here. I come here every day to see if there is any new news. And it is also habit to look at bus stops, restaurants, public areas, etc for a sign of anyone who looks similar to SK.

I want you to know, I certainly have NOT given up. I will never give up. Just saying there just isn't much to go on ,or no new news, no new characters. I will always do what I can.

I want you to know, I certainly have NOT given up. I will never give up. Just saying there just isn't much to go on ,or no new news, no new characters. I will always do what I can.

Me too.

That said, I truly don't believe we need to discover NEW characters. The focus needs to be on the characters that were known from the beginning. IMHO.

I believe LE has dropped the ball on this case. I am a bossypants, but I have no control over them!

Not a day goes by that I don't think of him as well... none of us will give up until he is found.

I saw this article and I thought of Steven....

"Polygamist Leader's Trial Begins"
http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424053111903999904576468281966350002.html

My thought was what if Steven was investigating something like this and ran into foul play.... Okay, while I know it is extremely unlikely - it shows how those who go missing stay in your mind and when anything remotely related is seen you think about them... My hope is that someone in LE has Steven's case rattling around in their mind and will make a connection one day...

I want to share an experience with all of you, first I would like to say hi to all the new posters and I am glad some of the older regular posters are still here. I have not posted in a while however, I still read Steven's thread.

I was away for 3 months in my truck and during that time I had the opportunity to travel several of the areas that Steven did. I was through Salt Lake, on I15, I215, 80 etc. I was through Vegas several times, stayed there for 3 days, was in Sacramento, a place Steven had mentioned.

When I stayed in Vegas I parked my truck at the T.A. on Dean Martin Blvd. At the back of the building by the truck entrance were 3 transients, oddly enough one held a sign saying Sacramento. I lit a smoke and asked him what was in Sac. He replied that he just wanted out of Vegas because cops hassle them too much. I talked with all 3 of them for about 30 min., I didn't have a picture of Steven, I didn't need one because I know what he looks like, though I wish I did because several times while I was there I would like to have shown it.

I then went into the truck stop, I looked at the missing posters, there were none of Steven, in fact I never saw any missing posters of him and I was in well over 100 truck stops during the time I was out there, meaning I travelled all over the U.S., not just the area he was in. I paid particular attention to his route though.

As I went back to my truck I saw a transit bus, so instead of taking a taxi to the strip, I decided to take the bus. I believe it was 218, which then took me to the terminal by the airport, I think it was the South West terminal. That was very quiet there, not much happening, I then switched to the express. I did observe everyone that got on, or those hanging out at bus stops. Unfortunately no sign of Steven.

I stayed at the corner where the MGM Grand and Tropicana are. From my hotel window I could see down towards Hooters where there always seemed to be small groups of transients. So of course, I wandered that way, during one of my outings. I learned that all it takes is to light a smoke, usually one of them will ask for one, then that gave me a chance to look at them without appearing to stare. No sign of Steven, yet they all have a story on why they are out there. Was very enlightening, to say the least.

My next travel on the transit was the third day when I needed to go back to the truck. This time I messed up, and took the wrong bus. When we realized this we got off so we could read the bus routes, the bus driver is behind glass with a huge sign saying do not disturb him, and several people found that out the hard way, LOL.

We walked 2 blocks, saw more transients, one told me the bus I needed to catch, and I observed them as well. I had to hang out at the Bonneville Transit Station, for approx. 40 min. This was far more rowdy, police were there, talking to what appeared to be homeless people, it was well over 100F, the bus was packed, standing room only. I took this express bus to the Four Seasons, then decided to take a taxi back to the truck.

I basically took the bus because of Steven, you just never know, sadly no sign of him. One more thing when I was in Sacramento, at the truck stop getting a coffee, the cashier handed me a small card, baseball card size, with information on how to spot human trafficking. That reminded me of the cards that were printed up for Steven.

In closing I just wanted to say that I wanted to share this with all of you. My job takes me everywhere, and in this particular area Steven was on my mind.There are so many scenarios on what could have happened to him, it helps to keep his picture out there. In hindsight I wish I had printed some posters of him, and placed them at truck stops, you just never know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HOLLYMOORE73