NV NV - Steven T. Koecher, 30, Henderson, 13 Dec 2009 - #21

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ruby....so glad to see you. Have often wondered why you disappeared and now see that it was "real life".

Thank you for telling us about your trip and your experiences in LV area. You are right....almost anything could have happened to Steven. I do think that
most of us continue to look for him wherever we travel or live. This was
a great reminder of what it is like to be out there looking for someone.

Ruby....so glad to see you. Have often wondered why you disappeared and now see that it was "real life".

Thank you for telling us about your trip and your experiences in LV area. You are right....almost anything could have happened to Steven. I do think that
most of us continue to look for him wherever we travel or live. This was
a great reminder of what it is like to be out there looking for someone.

Thanks Lato, though chances are slim of seeing him, just never know, so doesn't hurt to keep an eye open. One thing about being on WS, you look at things totally different. Take for instance a group of circling birds, in Arizona, at a rest stop. I had my co-driver check it out, turned out to be a dead animal they were going after. However, I just had to know, or it would continue to bother me.

Just thought I'd check in after seeing the "tongue lashing" on SK's Facebook page. Sooo sad! Wish there was more news!!! Thankful for re-runs!! Seems to bring more thoughts and comments each time SK's story replays. RubyRed, Believe, Fairy and others...you are troopers and demonstrate what WS is all about.

I am new to this forum, but not new to the case. I am a friend of the Koechers, and am also a member of Steven's church (LDS Church) living in Utah. I imagine there are other LDS people on WS, but I wanted to make myself available to answer any questions regarding our beliefs, ideals, etc as I've seen many who have been confused on the matter...especially confusing us with other churches found here in Utah. I merely hope to give insight on how/what Steven "might have been thinking" (having grown up in this church as did Steven, served a mission to a foreign country, etc.) especially since it was a Sunday afternoon, and we typically tend to focus on things other than employment on those days. I just have a hard time imagining him going to a job interview/employment conference in this area and on that particular day of the week.
I understand, however, he may have been "beside himself" with stresses and things that could have driven him to financial desperation; but again, I merely hope to offer insight where I can, especially to those who have specific questions pertaining to religion, Utah life, and the Koecher's family history/interaction.
I am heading through SG to the LV area next weekend and will keep my eyes peeled, as I now habitually do everywhere I go. This family has suffered a terrible amount of stress, and I wanted to thank you all for your continued support and dedication to this case.

I am new to this forum, but not new to the case. I am a friend of the Koechers, and am also a member of Steven's church (LDS Church) living in Utah. I imagine there are other LDS people on WS, but I wanted to make myself available to answer any questions regarding our beliefs, ideals, etc as I've seen many who have been confused on the matter...especially confusing us with other churches found here in Utah. I merely hope to give insight on how/what Steven "might have been thinking" (having grown up in this church as did Steven, served a mission to a foreign country, etc.) especially since it was a Sunday afternoon, and we typically tend to focus on things other than employment on those days. I just have a hard time imagining him going to a job interview/employment conference in this area and on that particular day of the week.
I understand, however, he may have been "beside himself" with stresses and things that could have driven him to financial desperation; but again, I merely hope to offer insight where I can, especially to those who have specific questions pertaining to religion, Utah life, and the Koecher's family history/interaction.
I am heading through SG to the LV area next weekend and will keep my eyes peeled, as I now habitually do everywhere I go. This family has suffered a terrible amount of stress, and I wanted to thank you all for your continued support and dedication to this case.

First :welcome: jaseb3

The point you made that I place in bold type is a good one and ads more mystery as to what Steven was doing that Sunday!

Do you have direct access to the Koechers? Are they willing to talk about and answer questions that we might have?

Further, you state that you are a member of his church, there are alot of LDS posters on this thread actually, but more importantly are you a member of his ward, of interest is his ward in St.George? This would actually help with alot of the questions I have.

And, Welcome!

Do you have direct access to the Koechers? Are they willing to talk about and answer questions that we might have?

Further, you state that you are a member of his church, there are alot of LDS posters on this thread actually, but more importantly are you a member of his ward, of interest is his ward in St.George? This would actually help with alot of the questions I have.

And, Welcome!

Thanks for the welcome, OldSteve and Concrned Ctzn! I am not a member of his ward, unfortunately, and don't know any of his St. George friends/neighbors personally. I was a member of his parents' stake in Bountiful, which is where I was introduced to the family, especially the brothers, as a child. I do have direct access to Steven's family; however, I will discriminate against certain questions that have either been asked previously (especially those answered publicly) or that are simply off-the-wall, as I want to be sensitive to their feelings. I will ask as much as I can and will not censor their responses (assuming they're willing to talk), but please don't be offended if they choose not to answer something, or I don't feel comfortable asking it. I am by no means an official spokesperson of the Koecher family. That being said, I really am here to help and want to do as much as I can!

Can someone please tell me what investigators have found out about people living in the houses Steven was walking towards? I apologize if this has already been answered but I can't seem to find it going through the threads. I really believe he met with foul play with whoever he was meeting at the house he was going to.

Can someone please tell me what investigators have found out about people living in the houses Steven was walking towards? I apologize if this has already been answered but I can't seem to find it going through the threads. I really believe he met with foul play with whoever he was meeting at the house he was going to.

That's what a lot of us believe also, mstrbill. There have been MANY searches in the area as well as door-to-door inquiries with fliers of Steven. None of these searches have resulted in any news.
As far as I know, the police haven't been able to find any reason for warrant or forced entry into any of the private homes in the SCA area where he was last seen on the tapes. I fear that if he was heading to a supposed interview/opportunity and something went "wrong", by now the person would have had all the time in the world to move Steven and dispose of any evidence.

I'd like to know more about the people who live in the homes nearest to where Steven was captured on video walking towards. Who are they? Were they home at that time? What have they told investigators? Do their alibis check out? Also, is there a link of the layout of the neighborhood? Google Earth or similar? Again, I apologize for not finding it myself.

I haven't given up. I still look for Steven wherever I go. It's just habit now. There's just nothing new to discuss. :(

Still such a mystery, perhaps one day we will know the answer.

I have now watched the video of Steven walking for about the 100th time and it finally dawned on me that he really is going to meet someone. This is the walk of someone who is heading to a destination that he knows about. He is holding something and that is probably an application, resume or something.

There's no doubt any longer that he was heading to someone's house in that neighborhood, and it is clear that someone in that neighborhood is either lying or has moved away.

If you are walking in the same direction as Steven is walking, then the home is on the right side if it is on Evening Lights.

This guy didn't just walk away from his life. Someone did harm to him.

I have personally spoken to the detective on this case and after their initial search of the area they simply have nowhere to go and I don't believe that they have put that much effort into finding Steven. I don't blame them, they just have so little to go on.

But efforts should be made on finding out who lived that area and has moved shortly thereafter his disappearance.

Kelly

Hello I know I must be stuoid, but can someone direct me to where I can view the video of Steven leaving his car. I have looked and be dammed if I can find it.

That's what a lot of us believe also, mstrbill. There have been MANY searches in the area as well as door-to-door inquiries with fliers of Steven. None of these searches have resulted in any news.
As far as I know, the police haven't been able to find any reason for warrant or forced entry into any of the private homes in the SCA area where he was last seen on the tapes. I fear that if he was heading to a supposed interview/opportunity and something went "wrong", by now the person would have had all the time in the world to move Steven and dispose of any evidence.

One thing I wonder about, if public tax and housing sale records for the homes in that area were checked - might indicate something...wonder if LE did that? Things to look for that come to mind would be a house that rented (owners name doesn't match mailing name), house owned a short time, and sold for a loss..., house that's been sold and resold a number of times...
Correct me if I'm wrong, but this case was not aggressively investigated because LE was not convinced something bad had happened.

Just thought I'd check in after seeing the "tongue lashing" on SK's Facebook page. Sooo sad! Wish there was more news!!! Thankful for re-runs!! Seems to bring more thoughts and comments each time SK's story replays. RubyRed, Believe, Fairy and others...you are troopers and demonstrate what WS is all about.

BBM
Do you have a link to his facebook site? I don't recall seeing one.
TIA

One thing I wonder about, if public tax and housing sale records for the homes in that area were checked - might indicate something...wonder if LE did that? Things to look for that come to mind would be a house that rented (owners name doesn't match mailing name), house owned a short time, and sold for a loss..., house that's been sold and resold a number of times...
Correct me if I'm wrong, but this case was not aggressively investigated because LE was not convinced something bad had happened.

I know I checked them - as did others. Anyone could have looked them all up at Clark County Assessors website. Not sure if LE did.

Las Vegas has the highest foreclosure rate in the country right now. I don't know that a short sale would be much of a red flag.

No, the initial investigation was not aggressive at all. And I doubt it is now...

Living in Utah, I am interested in the Susan Powell case. People magazine reported a possible break in the case. Law enforcement will be meeting in Ely Nevada. Said they recieved some information. Thought some of you may know the case, and maybe be interested.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mdc_fm