NY - Altemio Sanchez, Bike Path Rapist, Buffalo, 1990-2006

After months of declaring his innocence, it was reported on WKBW noon news that Altemio Sanchez is now confessing to the three other murders he has been charged with. Apparently he wants to spare his wife and family the pain of hearing all the sordid details.

I'm not sure if he will confess to Joan Diver as well. I don't believe law enforcement felt they had enough to charge him with that murder yet.

Good, I'm glad this guy was caught. I live right down the road from the restaurant where they got his fingerprints and DNA.

Good, I'm glad this guy was caught. I live right down the road from the restaurant where they got his fingerprints and DNA.

I also live right down the road (literally) from the restaurant,and it freaked me out that he was in the same restaurant that I occasionally go to ... too close for comfort!
I still can't believe that picture they show of Sanchez and his wife out for the evening having a few beers,and there he is smiling having a good time with his wife just hours after he killed Diver .... just awful!

After months of declaring his innocence, it was reported on WKBW noon news that Altemio Sanchez is now confessing to the three other murders he has been charged with. Apparently he wants to spare his wife and family the pain of hearing all the sordid details.

I'm not sure if he will confess to Joan Diver as well. I don't believe law enforcement felt they had enough to charge him with that murder yet.

Could you provide a link all I could find was that he plead not guilty back in Jan. Thanks

The bike path rapist was sentenced yesterday and he will be behind bars for the rest of his life. The LE around here are patting themselves on the back for a job well done, but I cannot help thinking that had they worked together sooner, Joan Diver would be alive and with her children right now. It is very sad. I hope that his wife finds the strength to contact the authorities about all the places where her husband may have traveled to, in the years in which he did not kill anyone around here.

They are airing a show about this on Dateline, NBC. I think it started at 9 p.m. e.s.t.

September 23, 2023

Bike Path Rapist dies by Suicide

BUFFALO, N.Y. — The man known to many as the Bike Path Rapist died on Friday. Altemio Sanchez died at 2:55 p.m. Friday at Millard Fillmore Suburban Hospital. The New York State Department of Corrections and Community Supervision confirmed his death Friday evening. A source told 2 On Your Side that Sanchez died by suicide on Friday. His body was discovered after 7 a.m. with an apparent self-inflicted injury to his arm.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
imaguppynotashark
Back