Match! NY - Caledonia, WhtFem 1UFNY, 13-19, Turquoise Necklace, Nov'79 *Tammy Alexander*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mr. E said:
This is my first post here. I've read through all the other cold cases threads and couldn't find a thread for the unidentified girl who was murdered in 1979 in Caledonia, NY (I seem to remember seeing a thread here, I just can't find it). So I apologize if this has already been discussed.

The doenetwork number is 1UFNY. Looking around on doenetwork, I found a missing girl who, in my opinion, looks very much like the Caledonia girl. Her name is Sharon Drover, #1321DFNF.

Especially when you compare the morgue photo with Sharon Drover, they look very similar to me.
http://www.troopers.state.ny.us/Wanted_&_Missing/Unidentified/view.cfm?ID=1

http://doenetwork.us/cases/1321dfnf.html

I've always been intrigued by this unidentified Caledonia girl. She's looks so young -- shouldn't someone be wondering where she is?

I see a definate resemblance between the two. Does anyone else agreee?

I agree!!! There is deffinitly a strong resembelance. However, the eyebrows are different.

mjak

mjak said:
I agree!!! There is deffinitly a strong resembelance. However, the eyebrows are different.

mjak

I think Jane Doe's eyebrows were plucked or waxed.

I agree, the pictures are similar. It only takes a short time to do your eyebrows. Perhaps, if it is her, she did her eyebrows after the picture. Also, if it is her, maybe someone would recognize the jewelry.

JMHO
fran

laini said:
Is anybody familiar with killer Richard Biegenwald? I am reading about him in a book and the unsolved murder of Cali came to my mind. From 1977 to 1980 his parole officer lost contact with him I believe. He was in NY/ New Jersesy area. He liked to see people die but didn't sexually assult them, the book says. (It is called 'Thrill Killers' by c. linedecker).

Anybody have any thoughts on this? I just wanted to post what I was thinking. I hope her murder and identity can be solved soon.

laini
What was Miegenwald's method of killing and disposing of his victims? Who did he choose, and why?

Hello, Two questions regarding the young girl found in Caledonia. Does anyone here know the exact issue of True Detective Magazine that published this case? The next question is actually regarding Christopher Wilder a possible suspect in this case. Is anyone familiar with a film that documented his killing and rape spree? A friend of mine recalls watching it but didn't remember the actual Title. I searched under, "The Beauty Queen Killer" guessing that maybe the film would have carried the same title as this book about him but nothing came up. Any information will greatly be appreciated!

Mullins said:
Not much info to go on from this one unfortunately. But I see a resemblence...

MGCastillo.jpg

Gonzalez Castillo, circa 1979

Monica Gonzalez Castillo
Missing since 1979 from Queretaro, Mexico
Classification: Missing

Vital Statistics
  • Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 5'0'' (155 cm)
  • Distinguishing Characteristics: Dark auburn, curly hair; light brown eyes.

Circumstances of Disappearance
Monica was last seen in 1979 in Queretaro, Mexico

Investigators
If you have any information concerning this case, please contact:

Procuraduria General de la Republica
01-800-00-252-00
53-46-01-00

Agency Case Number: 68/POV/98 Source Information:
Procuraduria General de la Republica

Wow, I definitely see a resemblance. How did you end up finding that website? I think you should forward a tip, if you haven't already. Sorry if you already mentioned that, I haven't read the whole thread.

Hmm, on second thought, as far as age..I just did a translation via yahoo search and it gives her age as 39 yrs old (approximately)
http://66.218.71.231/language/translation/translatedPage.php?tt=url&text=http%3a//www.pgr.gob.mx/cgi-bin/persextr.exe/datos%3fregistro=137%26ind=1&lp=es_en&.intl=us&fr=slv1-

Mónica González Castle
[font=Arial, Helvetica, Verdana][size=-1]SEX:[/size][/font][font=Arial, Helvetica, Verdana][size=-1]Feminine[/size][/font][font=Arial, Helvetica, Verdana][size=-1] AGE:[/size][/font][font=Arial, Helvetica, Verdana][size=-1]39 years, approx.[/size][/font][font=Arial, Helvetica, Verdana][size=-1]STATURE:[/size][/font][font=Arial, Helvetica, Verdana][size=-1]1.55 mts. Approx.[/size][/font][font=Arial, Helvetica, Verdana][size=-1]COMPLEXION: [/size][/font][font=Arial, Helvetica, Verdana][size=-1]Medium[/size][/font][font=Arial, Helvetica, Verdana][size=-1] COMPLEXION:[/size][/font][font=Arial, Helvetica, Verdana][size=-1]Clear colored person[/size][/font][font=Arial, Helvetica, Verdana][size=-1] FACE:[/size][/font][font=Arial, Helvetica, Verdana][size=-1]Square[/size][/font][font=Arial, Helvetica, Verdana][size=-1] IN FRONT:[/size][/font][font=Arial, Helvetica, Verdana][size=-1] EYEBROWS:[/size][/font][font=Arial, Helvetica, Verdana][size=-1]Filled[/size][/font][font=Arial, Helvetica, Verdana][size=-1] EYELASHES:[/size][/font][font=Arial, Helvetica, Verdana][size=-1] NOSE:[/size][/font][font=Arial, Helvetica, Verdana][size=-1]Boat[/size][/font][font=Arial, Helvetica, Verdana][size=-1] MOUTH:[/size][/font][font=Arial, Helvetica, Verdana][size=-1]Medium[/size][/font][font=Arial, Helvetica, Verdana][size=-1] LIPS:[/size][/font][font=Arial, Helvetica, Verdana][size=-1] TEETH:[/size][/font][font=Arial, Helvetica, Verdana][size=-1] EARS:[/size][/font][font=Arial, Helvetica, Verdana][size=-1] EYES:[/size][/font][font=Arial, Helvetica, Verdana][size=-1]Medium, clear coffee[/size][/font][font=Arial, Helvetica, Verdana][size=-1] HAIR:[/size][/font][font=Arial, Helvetica, Verdana][size=-1]Wave, dark chestnut tree[/size][/font][font=Arial, Helvetica, Verdana][size=-1]FILE: [/size][/font][font=Arial, Helvetica, Verdana][size=-1]68/POV/98[/size][/font][font=Arial, Helvetica, Verdana][size=-1] CHIN:[/size][/font][font=Arial, Helvetica, Verdana][size=-1]Square[/size][/font]

LillyRush said:
Hmm, on second thought, as far as age..I just did a translation via yahoo search and it gives her age as 39 yrs old (approximately)
http://66.218.71.231/language/translation/translatedPage.php?tt=url&text=http%3a//www.pgr.gob.mx/cgi-bin/persextr.exe/datos%3fregistro=137%26ind=1&lp=es_en&.intl=us&fr=slv1-

Mónica González Castle
[font=Arial, Helvetica, Verdana][size=-1]SEX:[/size][/font][font=Arial, Helvetica, Verdana][size=-1]Feminine[/size][/font][font=Arial, Helvetica, Verdana][size=-1] AGE:[/size][/font][font=Arial, Helvetica, Verdana][size=-1]39 years, approx.[/size][/font][font=Arial, Helvetica, Verdana][size=-1]STATURE:[/size][/font][font=Arial, Helvetica, Verdana][size=-1]1.55 mts. Approx.[/size][/font][font=Arial, Helvetica, Verdana][size=-1]COMPLEXION: [/size][/font][font=Arial, Helvetica, Verdana][size=-1]Medium[/size][/font][font=Arial, Helvetica, Verdana][size=-1] COMPLEXION:[/size][/font][font=Arial, Helvetica, Verdana][size=-1]Clear colored person[/size][/font][font=Arial, Helvetica, Verdana][size=-1] FACE:[/size][/font][font=Arial, Helvetica, Verdana][size=-1]Square[/size][/font][font=Arial, Helvetica, Verdana][size=-1] IN FRONT:[/size][/font][font=Arial, Helvetica, Verdana][size=-1] EYEBROWS:[/size][/font][font=Arial, Helvetica, Verdana][size=-1]Filled[/size][/font][font=Arial, Helvetica, Verdana][size=-1] EYELASHES:[/size][/font][font=Arial, Helvetica, Verdana][size=-1] NOSE:[/size][/font][font=Arial, Helvetica, Verdana][size=-1]Boat[/size][/font][font=Arial, Helvetica, Verdana][size=-1] MOUTH:[/size][/font][font=Arial, Helvetica, Verdana][size=-1]Medium[/size][/font][font=Arial, Helvetica, Verdana][size=-1] LIPS:[/size][/font][font=Arial, Helvetica, Verdana][size=-1] TEETH:[/size][/font][font=Arial, Helvetica, Verdana][size=-1] EARS:[/size][/font][font=Arial, Helvetica, Verdana][size=-1] EYES:[/size][/font][font=Arial, Helvetica, Verdana][size=-1]Medium, clear coffee[/size][/font][font=Arial, Helvetica, Verdana][size=-1] HAIR:[/size][/font][font=Arial, Helvetica, Verdana][size=-1]Wave, dark chestnut tree[/size][/font][font=Arial, Helvetica, Verdana][size=-1]FILE: [/size][/font][font=Arial, Helvetica, Verdana][size=-1]68/POV/98[/size][/font][font=Arial, Helvetica, Verdana][size=-1] CHIN:[/size][/font][font=Arial, Helvetica, Verdana][size=-1]Square[/size][/font]
Most of the missing person websites are set up to automatically "update" the age in their files based on the listed date of birth. In other words, it is the age that the person would be today. Some list the age at time of disappearance, and will clearly state so in their listing. Looking at the listing above, it would seem that the site is listing her age as of today, which would mean that she was aproximately 13 years old in 1979.

I agree that there is a close resemblence and that the possibility of a match should be checked.

I hadn't thought about that, that could be true. I was wondering why it said 'approximately' after the age, guess because they are guessing up from when she was last seen.

The "translation" link is basically the same information which appears in the Doenetwork file on Monica Gonzalez Castillo. Unfortunately, there does not seem to be any additional information posted about her. I have had a lot of problems with on-line or computer translations of other languages. Sometimes they work OK, but sometimes you get some pretty strange things from them.

Regarding, Monica as a possible match to Caledonia's Jane Doe; I forwarded the information to the Livingston County Police of New York last week, and they called to thank me and ask if I had any further information on Monica. The officer I spoke with said that they are keeping an open mind, but that the possibility of a match is something that they will be looking into.

Several things seem to match: the year is 1979 for both, the brown curly hair, indication of poor dental care and a non-US trained dentist, the Southwestern jewelry, and the tanned complexion. Height and age are also close, and there is some resemblence in the photos/sketches.

Unfortunately, the links to the Mexican website provided in the Doenetwork file does not work, and I have not yet been able to contact authorities in Mexico regarding this possible match.

I am not certain whether or not Mexico has a central office for missing persons, or a central data base like our FBI does here in the US. If not, it would probably be police in Queretaro, Mexico who have Monica's file and information.

Has anyone seen more information about her anywhere? Any links or addresses for Mexican authorities?

A Livingston County Sheriff Deputy investigating the case of the Jane Doe murdered in November 1979 has contacted the FBI agents assigned to the US Embassy in Mexico, and has asked that they obtain more information about Monica Gonzalez Castillo, who has been missing since 1979.​
Here is a better translation of the poster mentioned previously:​

Mónica González Castillo

EDAD: 39 años, Aprox. (Age today: Aproximately 39 years) Note; other websites indicate that her age was aproximately 15 in 1979.
ESTATURA: 1.55 mts. Aprox. (STATURE: 1.55 mts. Aprox. )
COMPLEXION: Mediana (COMPLEXION: Medium)
TEZ: Morena clara (COMPLEXION: clear colored person)
CARA: Cuadrada (FACE: Square)
FRENTE: (IN FRONT)
CEJAS: Semipobladas (EYEBROWS: Semipopulated) Note: might mean that her eybrows had been plucked.
PESTAÑAS: (EYELASHES: )
NARIZ: Chata (NOSE: Flat)
BOCA: Mediana (MOUTH: Medium)
LABIOS: (LIPS)
DIENTES: (TEETH)
OREJAS: (EARS)
OJOS: Medianos,café claro (EYES: Medium, clear coffee color)
CABELLO: Ondulado, castaño obscuro (HAIR: Wavy, dark chestnut color)
MENTON: Cuadrado (CHIN: Square)
EXPEDIENTE: 68/POV/98 (FILE: 68/POV/98)

SEÑAS PARTICULARES:
PARTICULAR SIGNS:
LUGAR Y FECHA DE EXTRAVIO: Querétaro, Querétaro En 1979.
(PLACE And DATE OF Disappearance: City of Querétaro, State of Querétaro In 1979.)
ROPAS QUE VESTIA: (What Clothing was being worn)
OBSERVACIONES: EXP. 68/POV/98 (OBSERVATIONS: EXP. 68/POV/98 - this is the official file number)

CUALQUIER INFORMACION FAVOR DE REPORTARLA A LOS TELEFONOS:
53-46-01-00
DEL INTERIOR DE LA REPUBLICA
AL
01-800-00-252-00
SIN COSTO

Translation:
If you have any information , please report it at the following telephone numbers:
53-46-01-00 (if in the interior of the Republic of Mexico) or​
01-800-00-252-00 (WITHOUT COST - toll free)

Link to Missing Person Page for Monica Gonzalez Castillo:

http://www.pgr.gob.mx/cgi-bin/persextr.exe/datos?registro=137&ind=2

Here is another Unidentified girl whose circumstances and discription are very similar to "Cali". Time of death is 7 months prior to the Caledonia, NY murder. Note resemblence, type of jewelry, manner of death...

The Doe Network:
Case File 152UFNJ
152UFNJ.jpg

Reconstruction of Victim

Unidentified White or Hispanic Female
The victim was discovered on April 10, 1979 in Middlesex County, New Jersey
Estimated Date of Death: April 3, 1979

Vital Statistics

Estimated Year of Birth: 1949 - 1961
Approximate Height and Weight: 5'2" - 5'4"; 110 - 115 lbs.
Distinguishing Characteristics: Brown hair; brown eyes. Unknown if she had any scars, marks.
Dentals: Available
Clothing: The victim was found wearing a pink dress with a brown rope-type belt, black high-heel shoes, and pantyhose.
Jewelry: The victim was wearing a silver necklace with a striped horn charm (possibly ceramic).

Case History
The victim was discovered on April 10, 1979 in a wooded area off of the N.J. Turnpike near East Brunswick Township, N.J. She was a victim of a homicide ( gunshot in the back of head).

Investigators
If you have any information about this case please contact:
The New Jersey State Police 800-709-7090 E-Mail
Or
Major Crime Unit 609-882-2000

You may remain anonymous when submitting information.

Agency Case Number: H207925

NCIC Number: U-640498165

Please refer to this number when contacting any agency with information regarding this case.

Source Information:
The New Jersey State Police

Link:
http://www.doenetwork.us/cases/152ufnj.html

Richard said:
Here is another Unidentified girl whose circumstances and discription are very similar to "Cali". Time of death is 7 months prior to the Caledonia, NY murder. Note resemblence, type of jewelry, manner of death...

The Doe Network:
Case File 152UFNJ
152UFNJ.jpg

Reconstruction of Victim

Unidentified White or Hispanic Female
The victim was discovered on April 10, 1979 in Middlesex County, New Jersey
Estimated Date of Death: April 3, 1979

Vital Statistics

Estimated Year of Birth: 1949 - 1961
Approximate Height and Weight: 5'2" - 5'4"; 110 - 115 lbs.
Distinguishing Characteristics: Brown hair; brown eyes. Unknown if she had any scars, marks.
Dentals: Available
Clothing: The victim was found wearing a pink dress with a brown rope-type belt, black high-heel shoes, and pantyhose.
Jewelry: The victim was wearing a silver necklace with a striped horn charm (possibly ceramic).

Case History
The victim was discovered on April 10, 1979 in a wooded area off of the N.J. Turnpike near East Brunswick Township, N.J. She was a victim of a homicide ( gunshot in the back of head).

Investigators
If you have any information about this case please contact:
The New Jersey State Police 800-709-7090 E-Mail
Or
Major Crime Unit 609-882-2000

You may remain anonymous when submitting information.

Agency Case Number: H207925

NCIC Number: U-640498165

Please refer to this number when contacting any agency with information regarding this case.

Source Information:
The New Jersey State Police

Link:
http://www.doenetwork.us/cases/152ufnj.html

I think this unidentified in NJ looks more like Monica Castillo than Cali does. Cali has very thin lips, actually all her features look small to me.

I have wondered before about Giannina Maria Colonna Aponte.

www.doenetwork.us/cases/1173dfpr.html

She went missing in 1974 with her brother. She doesn't sound like a runaway who would be hitchhiking five years later,given teh circumstances of her disappearance, but maybe the facts of Giannina's diappearance aren't accurate. (maybe sometimes a family doesn't give the whole truth in a certain circumstances).

In Cali's autopsy photo on nymissing website, she looks not caucasian to me. I haven't seen anywhere where it is stated if she is believed to be Hispanic, Indian, etc... (If it is please tell me - I missed it). Her hair looks black to me.

I just think Giannina resembles her. Any thoughts?

Just wanted to bump this up.

Any thoughts? Thanks.

hey i saw something in a magazine that pertains to this case. i make jewelry. nad had reccently ordered some ready make stuff from this great website firemountaingems. they have some of the best prices. anyways i got the usual catologe with my order and i was flipping though and they had the heart in silver
it says he who holds the key can unlock my heart http://www.firemountaingems.com/details.asp?PN=H151597FS

smile22 said:
hey i saw something in a magazine that pertains to this case. i make jewelry. nad had reccently ordered some ready make stuff from this great website firemountaingems. they have some of the best prices. anyways i got the usual catologe with my order and i was flipping though and they had the heart in silver
it says he who holds the key can unlock my heart http://www.firemountaingems.com/details.asp?PN=H151597FS
I wonder if anyone with that company might recognize the silver and turquoise jewlry the girl was wearing.

they might they sell alot of jewelry findings and stuff to make jewelry and sell some ready made jewelry and gifts the company has been around for a while it wouldnt hurt to email them

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sweetkittykat