NY NY - Carlos Diaz, 32, Bronx, 23 December 1986

I also had the same questions about some of the photos! I hesitated in even including them since I wasn’t able to get a response from the family’s FB groups for him in regards to more details about the photos....I took the risk :oops: Which I’m now regretting. I also noticed that Carlos and his (I’m assuming) brother look an awful lot alike. Especially where they’re laying out in the yard...

This is all making far less sense to me :confused:
Omg hahaha yeah don’t feel so bad I have been trying to make sense of a lot of things here also! Hehehehe

I wonder where Carlos was residing at that time. It was his sister’s house but did Carlos live their also? If not, why would he have left his ID behind? I presume he carried it on his person so it’s curious that his family noticed he didn’t take his ID with him, not after they realized he was missing, after he left the house. IMO

Now we know it was “getting late” and he may have been on a bicycle.

yes good question like did he leave his wallet behind? Was it normal for him to leave his ID behind when he went out?

So many questions!

I feel like, because Carlos left his ID, then he was either living at his sister's or staying with her for an extended amount of time. I get that it's family, and maybe he had a different habit, but I don't leave my ID at a place I don't live. Not out of distrust, but just because the place isn't mine, you know?

The bike thing, though... I know they said he always had it with him, but I don't know that I'm prepared to believe he took it with him when he went to bury Suzie. I mean, did it have a basket he could put the dog in? Could he have ridden it on the same ground you can bury an animal in? I think it's more likely the family was describing his usual habit, but a dog suddenly dying falls out of this habit, I would think.

I know this is the opposite direction but I thought I would post it because if the stats and the remains were found with a winter jacket which iam assuming he would be wearing
Persons Deceased
Monmouth County
If you have any information about cases or the identification of individuals, please contact: The New Jersey State Police at 1-800-709-7090
Unidentified Deceased White Male
Case Information
The victim's skeletal remains were found on May 13, 1989 in Asbury Park, Monmouth County, NJ.

NIC # CASE #
U362882879 89-5954
Date Body Found Estimated Date of Death
May 13, 1989 Unknown
Biological Profile
Estimated Year of Birth 1944 - 1954
Sex Male
Race Caucasian
Height 5'8" - 5'11"
Weight 150 - 200 lbs.
Hair Brown
Eyes Unknown
Scars, Marks and Tattoos Unknown
Clothing The victim was found wearing a winter type blue jacket, a flannel red checkered "Omni Ltd" shirt, an orange and white bandana, and a sweatshirt.
Misc. Full x-rays are available for comparison.

New Jersey State Police - Unidentified Persons - Monmouth County

I think this is a good find! Height, weight, and age are a match, since Carlos would've been born in 1954. Also, the fact that the decedent was found wearing a winter jacket, even though he was found in the spring.

Carlos could've taken Metro North bound for NYC (instead of upstate NY), and gotten off at Grand Central Terminal on East 42nd Street. Now, apparently for interstate relational reasons, there's no connection from there to a NJ-bound train. BUT he could've walked over to Penn Station on West 34th Street—about a 20-minute walk—and boarded NJ Transit. The blue line has a stop right at Asbury Park!

I don't know how secluded that park is, that a body could lie there for years. Or maybe he lived there as a transient until he died the previous winter.

I came across this photo from Madmcgoos blog and don’t know but it looks like he is wearing a sweat shirt that had the bottom and sleeves cut off .. the Asbury park John Doe has one... oh so hard to tell if it’s him

Also wanted to bring up. Looks like he is smoking a cig nd holding a pack of marlboro. I noticed there was another photo looked like he had a pack of cigs in his hand. It has not been mentioned because maybe he had quite.. but just wanted to throw that out there because sometimes remains are found w cigarettes or nicotine stained teeth

Attachments

• 11EF1CB3-9C17-4227-BC5F-B3E14D125E5D.png
    11EF1CB3-9C17-4227-BC5F-B3E14D125E5D.png
    460.9 KB · Views: 10
I came across this photo from Madmcgoos blog and don’t know but it looks like he is wearing a sweat shirt that had the bottom and sleeves cut off .. the Asbury park John Doe has one... oh so hard to tell if it’s him

Also wanted to bring up. Looks like he is smoking a cig nd holding a pack of marlboro. I noticed there was another photo looked like he had a pack of cigs in his hand. It has not been mentioned because maybe he had quite.. but just wanted to throw that out there because sometimes remains are found w cigarettes or nicotine stained teeth

Good find!

For Asbury Park Doe, the case file specifies that he was found with a "cut-off white sweatshirt (arms and neck areas are cut)."

I can't tell if the bottom of Carlos' shirt is cut off in the pic, or just tucked into his sweatpants, but the arms do look cut off. The sleeves look too wide for his arms, so maybe he would buy a baggier size for the looser fit around the shoulders, but would cut the sleeves to tailor them to his arms. (Wasn't this a thing back in the 80s, actually?) The neck could be cut too, or maybe it's just a V-neck, since it looks like he has another shirt underneath.

As for what he's holding, I can't tell, but you could be right—it looks like it could be the red and white from a pack of Marlboro reds.

Good find!

For Asbury Park Doe, the case file specifies that he was found with a "cut-off white sweatshirt (arms and neck areas are cut)."

I can't tell if the bottom of Carlos' shirt is cut off in the pic, or just tucked into his sweatpants, but the arms do look cut off. The sleeves look too wide for his arms, so maybe he would buy a baggier size for the looser fit around the shoulders, but would cut the sleeves to tailor them to his arms. (Wasn't this a thing back in the 80s, actually?) The neck could be cut too, or maybe it's just a V-neck, since it looks like he has another shirt underneath.

As for what he's holding, I can't tell, but you could be right—it looks like it could be the red and white from a pack of Marlboro reds.

Thank you yes I was trying to go through the photos to see if I could fins any clues on clothing and such.

Oh I did not realize the Asbury park doe said white.. interesting.. yes your right it’s hard to tell if it’s tucked at the bottom or cut. The sleeves def look cut to me. And yes it was a thing to cut sweatshirts .
The 1980s.. remember Flashdance hehehe.. but both men and women did it.. yes I thought the same looks like Marlboro red and white.

2874UMNY

Date of Discovery: July 12, 1987
Location of Discovery: New York, New York County, New York
Estimated Date of Death: to
State of Remains: Not recognizable - Mummified
Cause of Death: Unknown
Physical Description
Estimated Age: 55-100 years old
Race: Black
Height: 5'8", Estimated
Weight: Unknown
Hair Color: Unknown
Eye Color: Unknown
Distinguishing Marks/Features: Unknown
Identifiers
Dentals: Available
Fingerprints: Not Available
DNA: Available
Clothing & Personal Items
Clothing: Blue jeans (size 38), leather belt, greenish brown long sleeve undershirt, Short sleeve undershirt, blue jacket with silk-like lining, and brown socks.
Jewelry: Unknown
Additional Personal Items: Unknown
Circumstances of Discovery
Decomposed body found in an abandoned building at the above address.

View attachment 126899View attachment 126900

I came across this guy and posted him on this thread a couple of years ago.. also had a jacket.. the thong is I could never find the address he was found at. But i believe it was in NYC someplace.. how I wish these profiles had more info to help go by.

I came across this but there is not much info. I thought I would post it anyway

Objects

• Human Skull, Bronx River. In the 1980s, when Bronx River clean up efforts were in full swing, one of the young women leading a conservation crew for the Bronx River Restoration Project came across a human skull and went through the process of reporting it to the police. Plans are in the works to interview her about her experience, but in the meantime, why not imagine how it all went down?

and this one which is beyond extremely vague :confused:

and this one which is beyond extremely vague :confused:
Extremely :D

I don’t feel likes it’s the first guy...he’s black, 55+ (which usually doesn’t deter me), but I don’t think Carlos would have worn a size 38’ pant. Even on “fat” days, he seemed to stay fairly thin...I don’t know though. It’s hard for me to tell. Would be nice if they specified the “address listed above”...because I don’t see an address listed! Lol

ETA: his NamUs map takes you to an address, I don’t know that it’s accurate though...
The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

Attachments

• 44441A56-E08D-4BA5-9ECD-FD2A064B067E.jpeg
    44441A56-E08D-4BA5-9ECD-FD2A064B067E.jpeg
    59.2 KB · Views: 1
What about this one? Not sure where he would have been for that year+...
- NYC, January 26, 1988
- 30-50 years old
- 5’8”, 165 lbs
- Brown hair w/full beard and mustache, brown eyes
- “Unknown white male found disoriented on the subway platform of the #7 train at the Times Square station. EMS responded and pronounced him at the scene.”

ETA: he had needle marks on his arms too (just saw that) You’d think in a case like this that there’d be a photo?! And how did he become so disorientated that it led to him being pronounced dead?! :confused:

Last edited:
:oops:Disregard my previous comment. I’ve never searched exclusively for UID men in NYC. All their descriptions seems to be similar. Found disoriented, taken to hospital, pronounced dead. :(

FWIW, I notice Carlos is usually wearing some type of necklace in most of his photos. Maybe that will help? Or at least be something to keep an eye out for...

Extremely :D

I don’t feel likes it’s the first guy...he’s black, 55+ (which usually doesn’t deter me), but I don’t think Carlos would have worn a size 38’ pant. Even on “fat” days, he seemed to stay fairly thin...I don’t know though. It’s hard for me to tell. Would be nice if they specified the “address listed above”...because I don’t see an address listed! Lol

ETA: his NamUs map takes you to an address, I don’t know that it’s accurate though...

Oh yes I see your point on the size 38 pants.. yeah I don’t know about that either. good eye I did not see that. Oh and what is odd is the address red arrow brings you to CITY HALL building o_O which is down town when you blow up the map. for some reason I think it might be off . ... probably not him..

- NYC, January 26, 1988
- 30-50 years old
- 5’8”, 165 lbs
- “Unknown white male found disoriented on the subway platform of the #7 train at the Times Square station. EMS responded and pronounced him at the scene.”

ETA: he had needle marks on his arms too (just saw that) You’d think in a case like this that there’d be a photo?! And how did he become so disorientated that it led to him being pronounced dead?! :confused:
- NYC, January 26, 1988
- 30-50 years old
- 5’8”, 165 lbs

oh wow this is a good find!!!!
The stats seem the same. Yeah the disoriented and all of a sudden died maybe sounds like a drug overdose.. but I guess they would of written that. And you right.. if he Just died his face is recognizable.. why no photo? I don’t get it sometimes. They make it so hard ... this is why so many people remain unidentified.
This one sounds good but yeah so where was he for the last year? Just floating around disoriented in Manhattan?

:oops:Disregard my previous comment. I’ve never searched exclusively for UID men in NYC. All their descriptions seems to be similar. Found disoriented, taken to hospital, pronounced dead. :(

FWIW, I notice Carlos is usually wearing some type of necklace in most of his photos. Maybe that will help? Or at least be something to keep an eye out for...

Yes I have also noticed NYC is REALLY vague in their Unidentified persons descriptions.. there are many that they don’t even fill in what the people were wearing.. it’s annoying.

oh good good..that is also good to keep an eye out. A necklace. We’re you able to get a photo where you could sort of see it? Thank you

Yes I have also noticed NYC is REALLY vague in their Unidentified persons descriptions.. there are many that they don’t even fill in what the people were wearing.. it’s annoying

I wonder if “disoriented” is just NYC code for “possibly mentally ill.” I do volunteer work at my church’s front desk, and I’ve seen so many individuals, usually homeless, who very obviously have mental health issues. (Part of me wonders if some of them might be missing people from other states.) But unless they’re professionally diagnosed, you can’t just declare them crazy and haul them away, you know? They’re free to talk to themselves, act out of the norm, and refuse help as long as they don’t hurt others or themselves.

I wonder if “disoriented” is just NYC code for “possibly mentally ill.” I do volunteer work at my church’s front desk, and I’ve seen so many individuals, usually homeless, who very obviously have mental health issues. (Part of me wonders if some of them might be missing people from other states.) But unless they’re professionally diagnosed, you can’t just declare them crazy and haul them away, you know? They’re free to talk to themselves, act out of the norm, and refuse help as long as they don’t hurt others or themselves.

Oh jsolt1210 That is a really A good thought. I never looked at it that way. But yeah there are many descriptions I have read that said disoriented.. Oh that is nice that you volunteer and I have often wondered that myself throughout the years of seeing the homeless all over the city. I know many are not true New Yorkers.
So going back to the Disoriented comment .. it could fit Carlos and his Head Injury maybe that along with his dogs death and god knows what else could of just pushed him over the edge in some way mentally.

This story reminded me of Carlos in a way.. I mean we really don’t know much if he had mental issues or depression or any of that. Because remember back in the those day nobody ever really spoke about that. It’s only in recent years that mental issues and all these other things have been given names categories and spoken about in public more.

anyway here is the article

4 years after son went missing, mom finds closure

I know NYC is highly populated and it obviously sees its fair share of deaths, especially of people whom can’t be identified. But I am a little annoyed at seeing the ME’s seal/logo as the image on all these UID’s profiles...and I haven’t even searched the females! Seems like someone could take the time to quickly snap a photograph of a tattoo or something. Most of them are recently dead and as I’ve noticed, quite a lot have some pretty distinctive characteristics, jewelry, etc. I can’t throw stones, it’s just frustrating.

I agree, most of the ones we’re seeing like that are probably mentally ill, homeless and/or addicts. And if Carlos became disoriented and lost, for any amount of time, I can see him being put into that category. Especially with no ID on him.

And yes JSolt1210, very good think you’re doing there at the church! :)

This story reminded me of Carlos in a way.. I mean we really don’t know much if he had mental issues or depression or any of that. Because remember back in the those day nobody ever really spoke about that. It’s only in recent years that mental issues and all these other things have been given names categories and spoken about in public more.

anyway here is the article

4 years after son went missing, mom finds closure
Omg! What a bittersweet story!! Thanks for sharing that!!

ETA: I can’t tell what the necklace is exactly...he has it on in almost all his photos though. Maybe a cross?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tempo111
Back