NY NY- Carmen Vargas, 29, SW, body found bound @ ankles, rope on neck, towel over her face, Meadowbrook Parkway, Freeport, 11 September 1989

dotr

Reaction score
1694233042961.png
Sept 8 2023
''FREEPORT, N.Y. (PIX11) — The East Harlem woman who flagged Nassau County investigators about potential ties between her aunt’s 1989 murder and accused Gilgo Beach serial killer Rex Heuermann seems to be getting results.

Felicita Figueroa notified PIX11 News that an assistant district attorney from Nassau County called her recently and said he would review the cold case file of Carmen Vargas. Vargas, 29, was discovered dead on the southbound side of the Meadowbrook Parkway in Freeport on Sept. 11, 1989.

The victim was bound around her ankles — with a rope on her neck and a towel over her face.
She was missing a piece of the hyoid bone in her neck.

Heuermann was doing an internship in the Freeport area in the late 1980s, and the Meadowbrook Parkway leads directly to Jones Beach, where Heuermann did seasonal work earlier in the decade. Meadowbrook Parkway also goes directly to the traffic circle where Ocean Parkway connects to Jones Beach. The Gilgo Four victims that Heuermann has been linked to were dumped in the brush off Ocean Parkway and discovered in December 2010.''

''Suspected serial killer Rex Heuermann is being investigated in the 1989 murder of Carmen Vargas, a petite sex worker whose bound body was found just a few miles from his Long Island home, prosecutors told The Post on Thursday.

The Nassau County District Attorney’s Office confirmed an investigation after Vargas’ family claimed the gruesome death bore “too many similarities” to the Gilgo Four slayings that the 59-year-old architect is accused of committing.

“I believe he did it,” Vargas’ niece, Felicita Figueroa, told The Sun on Wednesday of her aunt’s gruesome murder.

“I believe he did it when he first started killing,” she alleged of Heuermann, who reportedly worked in Freeport at the time, 11 years before the Gilgo Four’s bodies were found.

Vargas was 29 in 1989 when her body was found dumped on the side of the Meadowbrook State Parkway in Freeport, about 7 miles west of Heuermann’s lifelong home in Massapequa Park.

She was last seen by a mystery man who picked her up outside the family’s East Harlem apartment, according to her niece, who was just 12 at the time.''

“She got into a dark car,” Figueroa told told PIX11 last month. “I could tell it was a white man with glasses.”

Vargas’ bound and beaten body was found 30 feet from the side of the suburban parkway, but would remain unidentified for three years before a match was made through dental records.

Detectives told the family that “whatever happened that night, she fought,” Figueroa told PIX11. “Because three of her teeth were knocked out.”

The location always baffled the family — until they started suspecting Long Island dad of two Heuermann.

Last edited:
I wouldn't be surprised if he was behind this one, but some of the things they write in these articles are very benign.

For example, the Meadowbrook parkway being connected to Jones beach - on Long Island, more or less every major highway leads to the beach. The Wantagh, Meadowbrook, and Robert Moses Causeway all go to Ocean parkway which runs the length of the entire barrier island which includes Oak, Gilgo, Jones, and several other beaches, and also connects via the Robert Moses Causeway to Fire Island where Jessica Taylor's partial remains were found.

The point I guess I'm trying to make is, all the highways on the island intersect with one another and you are rarely more than 20 minutes from the beach here, and obviously close to NYC. When I read this article last week I was surprised that her relatives think it's odd that she was found on the island. The highways here lead easily to both NYC and the beaches. I do hope they find peace though.

Vargas’ bound and beaten body was found 30 feet from the side of the suburban parkway, but would remain unidentified for three years before a match was made through dental records.

Detectives told the family that “whatever happened that night, she fought,” Figueroa told PIX11. “Because three of her teeth were knocked out.”

The location always baffled the family — until they started suspecting Long Island dad of two Heuermann.
I wouldn't be surprised if he was behind this one, but some of the things they write in these articles are very benign.

For example, the Meadowbrook parkway being connected to Jones beach - on Long Island, more or less every major highway leads to the beach. The Wantagh, Meadowbrook, and Robert Moses Causeway all go to Ocean parkway which runs the length of the entire barrier island which includes Oak, Gilgo, Jones, and several other beaches, and also connects via the Robert Moses Causeway to Fire Island where Jessica Taylor's partial remains were found.

The point I guess I'm trying to make is, all the highways on the island intersect with one another and you are rarely more than 20 minutes from the beach here, and obviously close to NYC. When I read this article last week I was surprised that her relatives think it's odd that she was found on the island. The highways here lead easily to both NYC and the beaches. I do hope they find peace though.
I would agree if he wasn't connected to an address directly across from where she was found. less than 1/4 mile

wow imagine if they can connect him to cases that far back, this could be an unending investigation

wow imagine if they can connect him to cases that far back, this could be an unending investigation
I think he is, and I think they are investigating the case again! I read that Rifkin admitted to all other ones but denied that she was one of his (so creepy) and Rex is connected to a marina directly across from where they found her. It's almost a straight line too. People assumed that the Bedell address he had was a home but it's more likely a mistake on the documents found because his ex and Asa are all connected to the marina on E Bedell in Freeport. Google it and look on murder inc for the location of where she was found. Shocking!

I think he is, and I think they are investigating the case again! I read that Rifkin admitted to all other ones but denied that she was one of his (so creepy) and Rex is connected to a marina directly across from where they found her. It's almost a straight line too. People assumed that the Bedell address he had was a home but it's more likely a mistake on the documents found because his ex and Asa are all connected to the marina on E Bedell in Freeport. Google it and look on murder inc for the location of where she was found. Shocking!

oh wow

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Blushybomb
Back