NY - Christopher Porco - Another Menandez situation? - sentenced

Sudzi said:
Thanks Sheerluck, its interesting about Peter wandering around after he was attacked.

I can't imagine how odd it must be to wander through your home...after wounds like that knowing your going to die any second. I wonder what went through his mind.
Too bad he didn't write the killers name down!
Yeah, that was a weird thing to read and Sudzi you're so right--if only he wrote the name down. It's odd how they would know he did these things, maybe a blood trail, but to do dishes? I was thinking; it would seem to be highly unusual to present so many witnesses to a jury that were basically used to point the finger towards the son, and then to not arrest him. Hopefully an arrest or arrests are made soon

Contrary to earlier reports, Peter Porco was not nearly decapitated, but did suffer massive wounds to his upper head.

While bleeding profusely, Peter then wandered the house. He went into an upstairs bathroom then downstairs to the kitchen, where he put some dishes away, then he went to a family room and out to the garage where he left blood on the family van. He then traveled back inside, where he died at the foot of the stairs.

He must have left a major blood trail Sheerluck, including on the dishes he put away.
So very strange. But with wounds like that to the head who's to say his mind was working in a coherent way.
But..it is information we didn't know before.
Hmmmmm wonder what else they have in their hats?
Maybe Peter did do "something" to point at Christopher.
That would explain why LE immediately asked Joan if it was Christopher who attacked them.
It sounds like Peter was attacked upstairs(something else we didn't know) , perhaps in bed with Joan.
That brings up another point, that they were both alive when the killer left. That makes me think he panicked for some reason or had second thoughts and couldn't finish the job.

a month ago we were told that police were investigating Chris Porco for possibly selling stolen goods(computers) on ebay. Since then; nothing until this news story today, which simply extends the jurors time.:
http://www.wnyt.com/x3996.xml?ag=x156&sb=x183

If link doesnt work: very short news story:
ALBANY, June 21
By WNYT Staff

The grand jury convened to hear evidence in the Peter Porco murder investigation has been extended for the second time.

That's according to Albany County District Attorney David Soares.

So far there have been no arrests or indictments.

Much of the investigation has centered on Porco's son, Christopher Porco.

Peter Porco was killed with an axe and his wife Joan Porco was badly beaten in their Delmar home last November.

jannuncutt said:
Do you think that will be "a cold case"?
Not sure I know what you mean by "cold case". I think LE is dealing with a very intelligient murderer, but that they are slowly piecing together the crime and will surprise the public with a strong circumstantial case against Chris Porco. I remain fairly optimistic that the cops are watching every move Porco makes, while gathering as much evidence as possible, with an arrest to follow. I wonder if the transfer of district attorneys from Paul Clyne to David Soares; after Clyne left office in January; might be a factor also in the delay. It shouldn't be, but you never know. As local news sources have been telling us; Soares has been putting together a new staff and outlining and putting into order his new policy differences from Clyne and according to a news story from WTEN from 3 weeks ago; Soares is prosecuting 25% less cases than Clyne had been doing. Now maybe this has no connection to the Porco delay, but to show how backed up the Albany courts appear to be; here's an example. In early October of 2004(8 months ago), another Bethlehem murder occurred. This was unrelated to Porco and looks like a very easy case. A jealous boyfriend admitted to the cops, that he killed his ex-girlfriends new boyfriend. He was arrested and put in jail. This was 8 months ago and FINALLY the district attorney's office is presenting the case in an Albany courtroom this week. Can you imagine Kindlon if Porco was put in jail and waited 8 months for circumstantial charges to be heard?

I fully believe that the son harmed his parents.

Just the fact that the mother was injured in her face and head leads one to believe that the injury was done out of anger.

Another person would have just stabbed a person in the body, but in the face area with a hatchet, that indicated a person who has a personal relationship with the victim and a great deal of anger towards the victims.

Haven't been here in awhile,and don't have much new to add,but my neighbor who goes to school with Christopher says everyone on campus believes he is guilty and says he is a "shady" character.He did not have anything of substance to add,but told me that when he was 1st suspected nobody was shocked.

hockeymom said:
Haven't been here in awhile,and don't have much new to add,but my neighbor who goes to school with Christopher says everyone on campus believes he is guilty and says he is a "shady" character.He did not have anything of substance to add,but told me that when he was 1st suspected nobody was shocked.
Yep. hockeymom; I've heard much of the same thing from younger students who seen him at parties both before and AFTER the murder. On another topic, some new info from last week was in the Times Union. While its doubtful the murder in Delmar that occurred 6 weeks before the Porco, was committed by the same person, someone wrote a letter to the Times Union, that said both murders are linked. This is probably a hoax or an attempt by 1 of the murderers; or a friend of one of the murderers; to try to trick people into thinking, the 2 murders are connected. Doubtful there's any connection, but it's just 1 more angle that the police have to look into. Here's the link and I hope it works.:

http://timesunion.com/AspStories/story.asp?storyID=379776&category=ALBANY&BCCode=&newsdate=7/16/2005

SheerLuck said:
Not sure I know what you mean by "cold case".
By "cold case" I am referring to a case which goes unsolved for a very long time or one that remains unsolved.

jannuncutt said:
By "cold case" I am referring to a case which goes unsolved for a very long time or one that remains unsolved.
I think; or I should say; I hope that what we'll find is that this case was actually solved a long, long time ago, but that due to the circumstantial nature of this case and other factors; a ton of lengthy police/detective work, was needed to be done; which took many months. Here's some stuff that happened and some of my opinions/guesses. From what was reported today; the case is finally rapping up and for the first time; David Soares; the Albany County DA; has spoken and indicated that he believes the case against Chris Porco is strong. In a very unusual twist; Porco's mom wrote a letter to the editor of the Times Union, asking that the police leave her son alone. Soares rebuffs this a bit in the article, but later in the day, he added a strong comment to the press; that that he believes the Mom is wrong about her son. To me the timing of this letter is very unusual because earlier in the week; the Bethlehem Police had announced that they were just about done with their investigation. It would have made a lot more sense for Mrs. Porco to have written this sort of letter; many months ago; when the investigation was heavily monitoring every move her son made. So why write the letter AFTER the investigation is finished; or in the final week of a 9 month investigation??? I'd speculate that possibly Kindlon or the Mom; was tipped off that the case is very strong and either Kindlon or the Mom got the letter idea; in an attempt to make the police look bad and draw sympathy for the son. Most likely, the only sympathy should be with the Mom; who I'm told is a wonderful person; as was her husband. I've heard from many sources that Chris Porco is nothing like his parents.

http://timesunion.com/AspStories/story.asp?storyID=391712&category=REGIONOTHER&BCCode=HOME&newsdate=8/24/2005

From 11/03

Spero, Lino, mobster Frank "The Fireman" Porco, and other mob associates "went out with Mets players after the game," the agents wrote, indicating that some of Mr. Franco's teammates also shared a late-night snack with the Bonanno contingent.

The three wiseguys are currently in carcerated. Spero, 75, is serving life for murder; Porco, 75, pleaded guilty to loan sharking last year and is due to be released from prison next year, and Lino, 66, facing life for several murders, hopes that by cooperating he will earn an early release.

Doesn't it seem more likely that there is a mafia issue here? So many more motives come to mind. This mafia guy is a close relative of the murdered Porco.
Really.

:eek:

June Cleaver said:
From 11/03

Spero, Lino, mobster Frank "The Fireman" Porco, and other mob associates "went out with Mets players after the game," the agents wrote, indicating that some of Mr. Franco's teammates also shared a late-night snack with the Bonanno contingent.

The three wiseguys are currently in carcerated. Spero, 75, is serving life for murder; Porco, 75, pleaded guilty to loan sharking last year and is due to be released from prison next year, and Lino, 66, facing life for several murders, hopes that by cooperating he will earn an early release.

Doesn't it seem more likely that there is a mafia issue here? So many more motives come to mind. This mafia guy is a close relative of the murdered Porco.
Really.

:eek:
June,
Where did this information come from? I've never heard it. How do you know that this "Fireman Porco" is related to Peter?

I know some of the players in this case. Enough to know that Chris may be being framed, and a LE involved in the case had a personal grudge against him for a couple of years that had nothing to do with any legal issue. These are facts. Its so much easier to go after Chris than fight the mob.

When a person is attacked with a hatchet, blows to the face, disfiguring blows, that y would be a red flag to LE that the attack is of a personal nature.

An angry personal nature.........

No one suspected BTK to be the monster he is, no one.

So just because you think you know someone character as they let you see it, does not mean that the person is not a monster and is capable of extreme violence.

You don't know what a person feels, thinks, or imagines.

I think Chris is guilty and await the trial.........

Good point, Cyberlaw, a vicious crime like this isn't likely to be a mob hit, but on the other hand, it expresses an angry passionate hatred. Someone in that state of mind, would likely have left blood all over his jeep and fingerprints on the weapon and footprints on the floor. Someone in that frame of mind wouldn't have shown the forethought and care that appears to be evident here.

But news reports show that these people weren't intentionally murdered, they were maimed. Peter seemed to have died later as a result of blood loss. Mob's maim as a warning, don't they?

I don't know anything that LE doesn't know, I have no helpful information for them. But I think Chris is innocent. When he is cleared of the crime, what will happen to the trails and hints given to LE that were simply ignored?

June Cleaver said:
I know some of the players in this case. Enough to know that Chris may be being framed, and a LE involved in the case had a personal grudge against him for a couple of years that had nothing to do with any legal issue. These are facts. Its so much easier to go after Chris than fight the mob.
Please tell us how Frank Porco is related to Peter Porco.

June Cleaver said:
When he is cleared of the crime, what will happen to the trails and hints given to LE that were simply ignored?

What trails and hints were ignored?

I was certain the son did it out of rage but after re-reading everything I am not so sure.

I thought the Mafia did things like cut off mens privates and stuff them in their mouth to send a message. I am unclear as to what the message was here.

Still leaning toward the son but now I have to admit I am giving a slight bit of thought to what June Cleaver posted.

June Cleaver, please don't tell me you were a nice dress and pearls while you vacume? ;)

Frank "The Fireman" Porco, is (was?) Peter Porco's uncle. This is a quiet town, especially at 4 am. A professional, on his way home from his variable hour job (details left out to maintain anonymity) at 4 am on the morning of the murder, witnessed 2 black sedans "tearing out" of the neighborhood in which the Porco's lived. The man reported this to the police but no more was ever heard about it again. A friend of mine noted wryly, "is it coincidence that a fireman's axe was used as the weapon?" I don't know, I'm not even sure it was a fireman's axe, perhaps someone would want to do that research, but I do know that the police, knowing that >90% of murders are committed by family members, and already not liking Chris, decided within hours that he, a student in college several hours away, had stolen in, cleanly (and with forethought?) committed this horrendous crime, scurried back to school and was 'innocently' sitting in his classroom the next morning when the call came in. I don't know Chris well, but what I have seen of him over the years is a dedicated student, a reliable and hardworking employee in a local business and a congenial guy. I was stunned that he was immediately considered "a person of interest". I've talked with a lot of people in this town about him and about the case. I just don't think the evidence is there, I don't think the motive is clear, and I don't think the boy had it in him.

BTW, I wouldn't be seen NEAR a vacuum, with or without pearls, but Ward and I have a good suburban life and two delightful sons. Perhaps the police ought to be looking for that obsequious Eddie Haskell....:rolleyes:

June Cleaver said:
Frank "The Fireman" Porco, is (was?) Peter Porco's uncle. This is a quiet town, especially at 4 am. A professional, on his way home from his variable hour job (details left out to maintain anonymity) at 4 am on the morning of the murder, witnessed 2 black sedans "tearing out" of the neighborhood in which the Porco's lived. The man reported this to the police but no more was ever heard about it again. A friend of mine noted wryly, "is it coincidence that a fireman's axe was used as the weapon?" I don't know, I'm not even sure it was a fireman's axe, perhaps someone would want to do that research, but I do know that the police, knowing that >90% of murders are committed by family members, and already not liking Chris, decided within hours that he, a student in college several hours away, had stolen in, cleanly (and with forethought?) committed this horrendous crime, scurried back to school and was 'innocently' sitting in his classroom the next morning when the call came in. I don't know Chris well, but what I have seen of him over the years is a dedicated student, a reliable and hardworking employee in a local business and a congenial guy. I was stunned that he was immediately considered "a person of interest". I've talked with a lot of people in this town about him and about the case. I just don't think the evidence is there, I don't think the motive is clear, and I don't think the boy had it in him.

BTW, I wouldn't be seen NEAR a vacuum, with or without pearls, but Ward and I have a good suburban life and two delightful sons. Perhaps the police ought to be looking for that obsequious Eddie Haskell....:rolleyes:
June, Thanks for this info. I have always had doubts about Chris' guilt. The whole scenerio provided by the police never sat well with me. We really have to wonder why the mafia link wasn't pursued....or maybe it was...I don't know.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragonFly57
Back