Found Alive NY - CS, 9, last seen 6:15pm at Moreau Lake State Park, Gansevoort, 30 Sep 2023 *arrest* #3

Grand jury indicts Craig N. Ross Jr. on kidnapping, rape charges​

The man accused of kidnapping a 9-year-old girl from Moreau Lake State Park two months ago now faces charges that he raped her during the two days before authorities found her at his Milton trailer home, according to an indictment opened Friday morning.

How did I know there would be a sexual element to this crime.

Poor CS, only 9 years old and had to endure the likes of Craig Ross. Hopefully she can recover from that and it doesn't take her whole life away from her like it has for so many others.

JMO

Last edited by a moderator:
What an absolute . (IMO….?)
Prayers to CS and her family - I hope they get all the support they need. I am so happy they found her alive. She will go on to do great things, I just know it! (also IMO….?)
He should be looked at for previous crimes, as I know LE said they were doing. And anyone with information, or any victims of this monster please report. Like his family - give them the strength!

ETA - is it possible to remove her name from websleuths? I’ll try to flag.

Going forward, please use the child’s initials only in discussing this case. A lot of you have already been doing that, so only a few posts have been edited in order to change the full name to initials. PLEASE REMEMBER TO CHECK THE LINKS YOU POST TO CHANGE THEIR FULL NAME TO INITIALS IN THOSE LINKS ALSO.

Thank you for your tireless efforts to post respectfully and responsibly in support of ALL the victims, especially the children, whose cases are discussed on Websleuths.

- Mad

Craig Ross Jr., the man accused of kidnapping a 9-year-old girl riding her bike in Moreau Lake State Park in September, was charged with several new crimes Friday in Saratoga County Court, including sexual assault.

Authorities arrested Ross, 47, on Oct. 2, after a two-day manhunt, which led authorities to a camper van in Ballston Spa, New York, where Ross was living on his mother's property.

In addition to the original kidnapping charge, Ross is now facing four charges of predatory sexual assault against a child, two counts of first-degree sexual abuse, one count of second-degree assault and one count of endangering the welfare of a child.

Man alleged to have kidnapped 9-year-old facing new charges

November 17, 2023 2:34PM

Oh, this is just horrific. Of course we all worried that was what happened but there was hope he didn’t touch her. No words.

At least WNYT has blocked her name and didn’t explicitly state the charges like other news sites.

Oh, this is just horrific. Of course we all worried that was what happened but there was hope he didn’t touch her. No words.

At least WNYT has blocked her name and didn’t explicitly state the charges like other news sites.

I just saw this update pop up on YouTube as a video from ABC News. I was really hoping he didn’t sexually assault C.S. while he held her captive so I’m pissed off to learn that he did! That poor little girl!

I hope C.S. and her family have been put in touch with resources to help them heal. Perhaps something through NCMEC or perhaps she could be put in touch with other survivors of kidnap and sexual assault? I think Jaycee might be a good person to talk to C.S. since they were similar ages when taken, even if C.S. was held for two days versus Jaycee’s 18 years! Or Shasta Groene maybe it was only a year younger than C.S.?

I hope and pray this girl will be able to move forward in her life in spite of this!

Going forward, please use the child’s initials only in discussing this case. A lot of you have already been doing that, so only a few posts have been edited in order to change the full name to initials. PLEASE REMEMBER TO CHECK THE LINKS YOU POST TO CHANGE THEIR FULL NAME TO INITIALS IN THOSE LINKS ALSO.

Thank you for your tireless efforts to post respectfully and responsibly in support of ALL the victims, especially the children, whose cases are discussed on Websleuths.

- Mad
Thank you for protecting this child's identity!! I hope the community surrounding her is equally as protective.

I'm not surprised to hear that additional charges have been brought against him, but it does bother me that when she was found they said unharmed. How will she feel when she reads that as an adult probably still in therapy dealing with what he did to her? She wasn't unharmed, they should have simply said "found alive". It feels like downplaying her injuries. Poor baby girl.

Ross, who appeared disheveled in an earlier mugshot released by New York State Police, was described as a 'recluse' who would care for his 11-year-old daughter for half of the week at his $180,000 three-bedroom home.
Craig Ross pleads not guilty to kidnapping and sexual assault

I think we all knew this was never about ransom. I suspect CR was simply trying to deflect LE away from his actual intention when snatching poor CS with that stupid ransom note. Not bright but super dangerous. The above snip has me hoping his own 11 year old daughter is okay and has been thoroughly interviewed to ensure she too hasn't suffered some of the same treatment as CS did at his hands.

It wouldn't surprise me if additional sex crime charges are brought against CR pertaining to what he likely did to his daughter or other female juveniles that may be or were within his reach. I get the feeling we may see a "Me Too" momevent in the future.

JMO

Grand jury indicts Craig N. Ross Jr. on kidnapping, rape charges​

The man accused of kidnapping a 9-year-old girl from Moreau Lake State Park two months ago now faces charges that he raped her during the two days before authorities found her at his Milton trailer home, according to an indictment opened Friday morning.

I saw this on People this morning and my heart sank. I honestly just hoped he was severely mentally ill and this would have a better outcome. Poor baby girl. She will never be the same.

NOV 17, 2023
Heggen said the prosecution will hold Ross responsible, who she said “committed a heinous, terrible offense against a tender age victim.” A conviction of kidnapping carries a minimum sentence of 15 to 25 years in prison and a maximum of life.

The matter was adjourned until Dec. 21 at 9:30 a.m. Then, the next court date is Jan. 2, 2024 for a hearing on whether a plea deal is on the table.

A trial has tentatively been scheduled for April 1.

Man accused of kidnapping 9 yo CS from upstate NY park now charged with her rape

BALLSTON SPA, N.Y. — A man accused of kidnapping a 9-year-old girl from a state park in upstate New York raped the child during the two days she was held hostage before her rescue, prosecutors said Friday.

Man accused of kidnapping 9-year-old CS from upstate NY park now charged with rape

Last edited by a moderator:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aprilssister94
Back