NY NY - Dawn Marino, 20, Pine Island, 16 May 1981

NJEverCurious

Reaction score
Dawn Marino went missing 16 May 1981 from a bar in Pine Island, NY. Her skeletonized remains were located approximately two years later on 31 October 1987, on Little York Road in Warwick, NY, just a short drive from where she went missing.

http://www.wvdispatch.com/news/state-police-continue-to-investigate-homicide-case-of-dawn-marino/

It should be noted that there was a man in the area about that time, Peter McGrath, who has since been convicted of murder and who has been linked to two rapes through DNA. I wonder whether he may be connected to Dawn Marino's murder. He also was about her age at the time she went missing.

http://www.recordonline.com/article/20020621/news/306219999

I posted this thread yesterday and cannot figure out how to edit it. I just realized more info is needed.

Dawn Marino's death was determined to be a homicide. I don't have any information about the cause of death or any evidence found. What little I know has been garnered from newspaper articles online and a Facebook page about this death. As far as I know, there hasn't been a suspect or person of interest named. I'm hoping maybe someone will know something or have some ideas beyond what I've shared about Peter McGrath.

They is a public Facebook page: Justice for Dawn Marino

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

News article from August 29, 2016

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nb...nce-murder-new-york-woman-dawn-marino-n639056

It was the night of May 16, 1981 when Dawn Marino vanished.

It would be more than six years until her remains would be found.

The question of what happened to her remains a mystery.

Dawn was 20 years old, a beautician, and had a group of close friends whom she had known since childhood. That Saturday out was to be a fun night; heading to a few bars before going home to her boyfriend, who was home sick in their apartment, authorities said.

Link to her Facebook page

https://www.facebook.com/justicefordawnmarino/

It's great there are so many people still interested in finding her killer. The consensus seems to be it was someone local, due to the remote location where her body was found.

What frustrates me is that I was born and raised in this community and only found out about this cold case through Websleuths.

I’ve never helped with a cold case but maybe someone can help direct me on how to possibly request original documents via the police department? I’m a newbie at this [emoji5]

I want to help her family but as you have said, no one will speak out loud to this day. I find it strange.

What frustrates me is that I was born and raised in this community and only found out about this cold case through Websleuths.

I’ve never helped with a cold case but maybe someone can help direct me on how to possibly request original documents via the police department? I’m a newbie at this [emoji5]

I want to help her family but as you have said, no one will speak out loud to this day. I find it strange.

Have you checked out the Facebook page, linked above by Betty P? I think the page is called Justice for Dawn Marino. I've been following it for a while, and it seems like those close to the case have some strong opinions about a possible suspect.

Dawn's remains were found 32 years ago yesterday. Still no answers for her family. Somewhere out there is the answer. Someone knows something. Praying for resolution for her loved ones and her community.

Hi,
Does anyone have any specific information on the Dawn Marino case? Looking into starting a podcast and would love to speak with someone who has more info/lived in the area at the time/was close with Dawn.
Thank you!
Freddy

Hi,
Does anyone have any specific information on the Dawn Marino case? Looking into starting a podcast and would love to speak with someone who has more info/lived in the area at the time/was close with Dawn.
Thank you!
Freddy
Check out the Facebook page. I get a sense it is run by a family friend, rather than a family member, but they are pretty good about responding to direct messages.

Hi,
Thank you!
Freddy
Just wondering if you ever reached out to the contact person and if you got any kind of response.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SherriS
Back