NY - Ex-President Donald Trump, charged with 34 criminal counts of falsifying business records, Apr 2023, Trial 25 Mar 2024 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
<modsnip: discussing other posters> Fact is DJT has committed and admitted (bragged about) to committing crimes his whole adult life. His ego has demanded that he gets recognized for getting away with crime. That's what malignant narcissists do. They brag about getting over due to how special and smart they are. DJT - "They don't do anything about it because I'm a celebrity". Pretty much sums up DJT, in his own words.

This personality type gets off on committing crime and getting away with it. Just because he's had the resources to throw untold quantities of lawyers (some who have ended up in prison instead of the client they were serving) at his accusers/prosecutors doesn't make him innocent of crimes. Just makes him the epitome of Joseph Kennedy's comment "If you have enough money and power, you can get away with anything".

Should the legal system allow him to continue to commit crimes with impunity because he is DJT and wealthy? Or should they begin to prosecute him as they would any other citizen? Honest question.

Yes, these prosecutions are a direct result of DJT's entry into the political arena, but they are being prosecuted because he's a criminal that has continued to commit crimes. His resources may yet buy him out of it, but make no mistake, his narcissistic need to brag about his illegal activity is the biggest reason he is consistently at the defense table, all while claiming to be the victim. <modsnip>

Last edited by a moderator:
No they're not. DT decided to run for President after he'd been charged.
He announced his bid for President in November 2022. The charges were brought in March 2023.

Guess I should have specified his announcement to run for POTUS in 2015. I mistakenly assumed that would be obvious since he's given no indication, at any point, that he wasn't going to pursue (and should be in) that office.

The 2022 "announcement" was the formality of all formalities.

NY Courts will release daily transcripts of Donald Trump's criminal trial.

This is a truly remarkable development. Court stenographers control their work and charge varying rates. The transcript is never dropped into the case file.It can be *$6.50 per page* a day for these "daily" transcripts. A day can be 200 pages = $1,300 a day.

To clarify, a transcript *may* end up in a criminal paper case file in NY state courts but it never is automatically added as a part of the record.

They have a transcript online for Monday. They are also posting evidence documents. Direct link here.

Unfortunately, you have to click through the transcript page by page on the website, rather than just downloading a single PDF.

Last edited:
Among the evidence posted on the nycourts.gov site are headlines from the Enquirer.

Headlines of:

Ted Cruz from Feb 2016 through July 2016 - depicting "p___ star", "cheating", "5 secret mistresses", "prostitution", "boozing"

Marco Rubio from Dec 2015 through Feb 2016 - depicting "family man", "love child", "cocaine", "shady lady"

Ben Carson (surgeon) from Oct 2015 through Dec 2015 - depicting "twins died", "lies over past", ""bungling"

Trump from Sept 2015 through Nov 2016 - depicting "legend", "working with dad wasn't enough", "takes Manhattan and Hollywood", "declares war on grinches", "was right about 9/11 celebrations", "gets Duke''s blessing", "welcomed by House Speaker", "exposes Hillary's lies and trump's path to victory" ... and more.

"The police have not turned away “thousands of people” from the courthouse during his trial; only a handful of Trump supporters have shown up to demonstrate near the building.

And while there are various security measures in place in the area, including some street closures enforced by police officers and barricades, it’s not true that “for blocks you can’t get near this courthouse.”

In reality, the designated protest zone for the trial is at a park directly across the street from the courthouse – and, in addition, people are permitted to drive right up to the front of the courthouse and walk into the building, which remains open to the public.

If people show up early enough in the morning, they can even get into the trial courtroom itself or the overflow room that shows near-live video of the proceedings."

Despite not being the gagged defendant, out of respect for Judge Merchan and the prosecutors, I will cease posting anything about Donald on my X (formerly Twitter) account or on the Mea Culpa Podcast until after my trial testimony. See you all in a month (or more).

Makes sense that Michael Cohen decided to stop the social media posts about this case. It highlighted the disparity in how this judge issued a gag order for President Trump but not this witness. JMO.

Is anyone else subject to a gag order in this case?

Makes sense that Michael Cohen decided to stop the social media posts about this case. It highlighted the disparity in how this judge issued a gag order for President Trump but not this witness. JMO.

Have attorneys on either side requested a gag order on anybody else in this case?

The witness doesn't have a history of inciting violence.

JMO

Here is a timeliness of the investigation per Reuters. The investigation began long before the campaign.
From your link.

JANUARY 2023​

Vance's successor as Manhattan district attorney, Alvin Bragg, begins presenting evidence about Trump's alleged role in the 2016 hush money payments to a grand jury.
When did DA Bragg begin his investigation?

Have attorneys on either side requested a gag order on anybody else in this case?
I have no idea. Personally I don't think there should be any gag orders in this case. JMO.

The witness doesn't have a history of inciting violence.

JMO
Thanks MyBelle. I guess you're talking about allegations made about President Trump in other cases.

Last edited:
Excerpt from Merchan's gag order ...

"The average observer must now, after hearing defendant's recent attacks, draw the conclusion that if they become involved in these proceedings, even tangentially, they should worry not only for themselves, but for their loved ones as well. Such concerns will undoubtedly interfere with the fair administration of justice and constitutes a direct attack on the rule of law itself."

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member