NY - Ex-President Donald Trump, charged with 34 criminal counts of falsifying business records, Apr 2023, Trial 25 Mar 2024 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pecker was having dinner with his wife on a Saturday night in early October 2016 when he said he received an urgent call from National Enquirer editor Dylan Howard.

"He said that she, she being Stormy Daniels, is trying to sell a story that she had a sexual relationship with Donald Trump......." Pecker recalled.

In a series of text messages the jury saw, Howard told Pecker, "I know denials were made in the past but this story is true."

Friday, April 26th:
*Trial continues (Day 4) (@ 9:30am ET) – NY - *Donald John Trump (76/now 77) was indicted (3/30/23), formally arrested, charged & arraigned (4/4/23) with 34 felony counts of falsifying business records in the 1st degree & conspiracy in connection with hush money payments to two women [Stephanie Clifford aka adult actor Stormy Daniels & former Playboy model Karen McDougal] before the 2016 presidential election. Plead not guilty. Warrant vacated, released on own recognizance. New York County
New York: Submitting false invoices or checks. All 34 counts against Trump are felony charges (class E) instead of misdemeanors.
Trial began on 4/15/24 with jury selection & ended on 4/19/24. Trial expected to run 4 days a week. Jury Selection Day 1-4 (4/15-4/19/24).
Jurors selected: 12 jurors & 6 alternates. [Jurors: 7 men & 5 women/6 Alternates: 5 women & 1 man].
Trial began on 4/22/24. Trial is expected to run 4 days a week [Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursdays & Fridays].
New York Supreme Court Judge Juan Marchan presiding. Manhattan Attorney General Alvin Bragg. Prosecutors are Susan Hoffinger, Joshua Steinglass & Matthew Colangelo. Defense attorneys Todd Blanche, Emil Bove, Susan Necheles & Gedalia Stern.
Trump is required to attend each day in person — although the judge could grant permission for special absences. Trump has vowed to attend court during the day & travel to campaign events at night.

Investigation & court info from 3/30/23 thru 4/12/24 & Jury Selection Days 1-4 (4/15-4/19/24) & Trial Day 1-2 (4/22-4/23/24) reference post #890 here:
https://www.websleuths.com/forums/t...s-apr-2023-trial-25-mar-2024-2.673176/page-45

4/25/24 Thursday, Trial Day 3: *Prosecutor Christopher Conroy just brought up four instances from the last three days in which Trump allegedly violated the judge's gag order. He said that he has another order to show cause to hold Trump in contempt of court for disobeying the order. Conroy referred to Trump's remarks outside the courtroom over the last few days as examples.
*Judge Juan Merchan said he signed the order to show cause regarding four new violations of a gag order for Trump. He signed the order to show cause from the DA for the first 10 violations, too. This means he will hear the additional four violations they have now added. He hasn't made a decision yet or held Trump in contempt. Judge Merchan set a hearing for 2:15pm on Wednesday, 5/1/24 to discuss the additional alleged gag order violations that prosecutors presented today.
*State witness: David Pecker, the CEO of American Media Inc. (AMI), which publishes the National Enquirer back on stand & will return tomorrow for cross-exam.
For more info see posts #892 (article) here:
https://www.websleuths.com/forums/t...s-apr-2023-trial-25-mar-2024-2.673176/page-45
Trial continues on Friday, 4/26/24.

Pecker, facing questions from one of the prosecutors, confirmed under oath that he bought McDougal's story when he was running the Enquirer as part of a scheme to influence the 2016 presidential election.

While it was standard for Pecker to suppress stories to help a friend or to use as leverage with a celebrity, he had never done it before primarily to help a campaign.

Pecker confirmed that while he coordinated hundreds of thousands of NDAs during his tenure at AMI, he indicated that "the only one" he did for a presidential candidate's campaign was for Trump.

Pecker has concluded his testimony and left the witness stand.

Any guesses on who is next up?
Cohen? Daniels?
There's not a whole lot of time left for today, so bringing a big witness up would be strange. IMO.

They have called Rhona Graff to the stand.

Rhona Graff, who for decades served as Donald Trump's executive assistant and a senior executive at the Trump Organization, was called to stand Friday as the second witness in the former president's criminal trial in New York.

Graff was Trump's confidant and gatekeeper from the late 1980s until he became president in January 2017, and left the Trump Organization in 2021.

Prosecutors are expected to ask her to verify the authenticity of a variety of documents that they will enter as exhibits in the case.

Rhona Graff, who testified as a witness regarding the trump org's contact pages for Karen McDougal and Stormy Daniels and about seeing Stormy at trump tower .....

Graff, a former executive assistant for Trump, said that the Trump Organization is paying for her two attorneys.

He's using supporters' donations funneled through the RNC to pay his legal bills.

I think in this case he really has to pay his bills else his lawyers have grounds to quit.

Donald Trump, addressing reporters before entering the courtroom, wished his wife, Melania, a happy birthday on camera and said he would be flying to Florida to spend time with her after court adjourned for the day.

‘happy birthday, wife! Now if you’ll excuse me, let me get back to the trial where I’m accused of having a sexual relationship with a *advertiser censored* star while were married!’

‘happy birthday, wife! Now if you’ll excuse me, let me get back to the trial where I’m accused of having a sexual relationship with a *advertiser censored* star while were married!’
I cannot imagine Melania is not feeling humiliated while all this information is coming out about his sexual relationship with Stormy Daniels and Karen McDougal-- it isn't like she didn't know it, but now the entire world knows it

I think she cares about the witch hunt of a trial. I care about that. The FEC and the DOJ both found no reason to prosecute.

I think the DOJ found that they couldn't prosecute a sitting president. And they later found that intent would be difficult to prove. Not that there was no reason to prosecute.

The federal prosecutors, and later Robert S. Mueller III, the special counsel, determined that prosecuting him would have violated a Nixon-era directive from the Justice Department’s Office of Legal Counsel that was interpreted as preventing the indictment of a sitting president.

That protection disappeared the moment Mr. Trump left office.

(If you can't read this NY Times article, it can be viewed by signing up for a free account)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clueliz