NY - Ex-President Donald Trump, charged with 34 criminal counts of falsifying business records, Apr 2023, Trial 25 Mar 2024 #3

Unless I'm missing something, this is dated April 6, 2023.
Probably an attempt to try and circumvent the ‘current’ gag order? Posting an older statement?

IANAL, so hopefully one weighs in. Maybe the judge will ask one of the former president’s lawyers when court reconvenes. And also ask the defendant? In fact, have to wonder if one of the former president’s (now defendant’s) lawyers helped with that statement? Maybe the judge will also ask that question? MOO

Donald Trump to Attend Fundraiser on Day of Barron's Graduation​

Donald Trump is scheduled to give the keynote address at the Minnesota Republican Party's annual Lincoln Reagan Dinner on May 17, the same day he requested off court to attend his son Barron Trump's graduation ceremony.

On April 30 Judge Merchan, who is presiding over the former president's Stormy Daniels hush money case, announced the court wouldn't sit on May 17, allowing Trump to attend the event. But the former president is also due to speak at the Minnesota GOP event on the same day, according to the KFGO radio station.

Surprise Surprise...
The graduation ceremony is due to start in the midmorning, according to fact-checking website PolitiFact. While it is unclear exactly how long it will last Trump, 77, who owns a private jet, may well be able to make it to the dinner and attend both events.

Probably an attempt to try and circumvent the ‘current’ gag order? Posting an older statement?

IANAL, so hopefully one weighs in. Maybe the judge will ask one of the former president’s lawyers when court reconvenes. And also ask the defendant? In fact, have to wonder if one of the former president’s (now defendant’s) lawyers helped with that statement? Maybe the judge will also ask that question? MOO

It's weird. It's such a clear violation of the gag order that I'm surprised that the multiple news organizations I follow haven't pounced on it.

So, I just read that Trump denies that he ever had an encounter with Stormy Daniels? I thought that was a given. And this was about the money.

I can't see how Trump can get out of this without taking the stand and testifying. But, he won't come off very well to the jury.

So, I just read that Trump denies that he ever had an encounter with Stormy Daniels? I thought that was a given. And this was about the money.

I can't see how Trump can get out of this without taking the stand and testifying. But, he won't come off very well to the jury.
Stormy Daniels doesn’t remember either. She blacked out.

Stormy Daniels doesn’t remember either. She blacked out.

Apparently she didn't learn any lessons from Monica. As they say, "The proof is in the pudding".

JMO

Unless I'm missing something, this is dated April 6, 2023.
I believe he reposted it the other day. sort of like retweeting something you shared in the past or sharing a FB "memory" consisting of a past post.

I believe he reposted it the other day. sort of like retweeting something you shared in the past or sharing a FB "memory" consisting of a past post.

Yes, I realized that's what the OP was saying later. But it's still weird to me that the repost hasn't garnered any media attention as far as I have seen.

Lawyers for Donald Trump asked a New York appeals court to rule on their challenge to the gag order limiting what the former president can say about witnesses in the criminal hush money trial, according to people familiar with the matter.

Trump’s legal team filed an order to show cause Wednesday, which has been sealed. The Manhattan district attorney’s office has opposed the filing, according to the docket.

Trump asks NY appeals court to expedite the appeal of the gag order in hush money case

She remembered quite a few details for the jury. I'm looking forward to her testimony tomorrow.

JMO

The black out part is just weird to me. Maybe that’s what people in the sex industry do. idk Supposedly no drugs or alcohol involved. I’m keeping faith that one juror sees through this ..

The black out part is just weird to me. Maybe that’s what people in the sex industry do. idk Supposedly no drugs or alcohol involved. I’m keeping faith that one juror sees through this ..
Sees through what? I think the jury will focus more on the evidence of intentionally falsifying business records. I have no idea what people in the sex industry do or think.

To me, Stormy's most compelling comments came during cross-examination by Trump's attorney. I will never forget Trump making fun of a physically-handicapped man and his constant name-calling is incredibly childish.

JMO

From the link:
Daniels at one point raised her voice when she was shown a tweet of hers that said, "I don't owe him s--- and I'll never give that orange turd a dime."

"That's you calling President Trump names, correct?" Necheles asked.

"In retaliation for him calling me names," Daniels responded.

"You call him names all the time, right?" Necheles asked. "You despise him."

Daniels responded that she was countering the names he called her that the jury previously saw, namely "Horseface" and "Sleazebag."

"'Cause he made fun of me first," Daniels said.

whether Stormy blacked out, was wide awake and looking lovingly into the defendant's eyes, or was twirling a baton while doing a tap dance, makes no nevermind to me. It is a fact that she was paid money. It is a fact that the evidence shows that money ultimately came from the defendant through a series of third party machinations which were put to paper (facepalm)

whether Stormy blacked out, was wide awake and looking lovingly into the defendant's eyes, or was twirling a baton while doing a tap dance, makes no nevermind to me. It is a fact that she was paid money. It is a fact that the evidence shows that money ultimately came from the defendant through a series of third party machinations which were put to paper (facepalm)

And the key fact: it was all done to protect the campaign. Election interference, in other words.

She doesn’t have much credibility. imo I was wondering how someone blacks out, yet remembers details. I doubt she was looking lovingly into his eyes because she was blacked out.

I respect that it makes no difference to a lot of people but it does to me. (hugs)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KreepinSavage
Back