NY - Ex-President Donald Trump, charged with 34 criminal counts of falsifying business records, Apr 2023, Trial 25 Mar 2024 #3

Cohen already went to prison for lying.

Unless he's unbelievably stupid and self-destructive (and I've seen no evidence to suggest he's either), why would he risk going to prison again for perjury by lying in this trial?

Cohen already went to prison for lying.

Unless he's unbelievably stupid and self-destructive (and I've seen no evidence to suggest he's either), why would he risk going to prison again for perjury by lying in this trial?
Because years ago, Cohen cut a deal with the DOJ, which required him to enter a guilty plea in exchange for his testimony. I don't believe he is lying in this trial. Years ago, Cohen realized the Feds had seized overwhelming text, computer, data evidence of election fraud against him when they raided his office and he agreed to a guilty plea in exchange for his testimony.
<modsnip> I think the man has shown he is realistic about the mountain of evidence available for conviction.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thursday, May 16th:
*Trial continues (Day 14) (@ 9:30am ET) – NY - *Donald John Trump (76/now 77) was indicted (3/30/23), formally arrested, charged & arraigned (4/4/23) with 34 felony counts of falsifying business records in the 1st degree & conspiracy in connection with hush money payments to two women [Stephanie Clifford aka adult actor Stormy Daniels & former Playboy model Karen McDougal] before the 2016 presidential election. Plead not guilty. Warrant vacated, released on own recognizance. New York County
New York: Submitting false invoices or checks. All 34 counts against Trump are felony charges (class E) instead of misdemeanors.
Trial began on 4/15/24 with jury selection & ended on 4/19/24. 12 jurors & 6 alternates. [Jurors: 7 men & 5 women/6 Alternates: 5 women & 1 man].
Trial began on 4/22/24. Trial is expected to run 4 days a week [Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursdays & Fridays].
New York Supreme Court Judge Juan Marchan presiding. Manhattan Attorney General Alvin Bragg. Prosecutors are Susan Hoffinger, Joshua Steinglass & Matthew Colangelo. Defense attorneys Todd Blanche, Emil Bove, Susan Necheles & Gedalia Stern.
Trump is required to attend each day in person — although the judge could grant permission for special absences. Trump has vowed to attend court during the day & travel to campaign events at night.

Investigation & court info from 3/30/23 thru 4/12/24 & Jury Selection Days 1-4 (4/15-4/19/24) & Trial Day 1-12 (4/22-5/13/24) reference post #243 here:
https://www.websleuths.com/forums/t...s-apr-2023-trial-25-mar-2024-3.711716/page-13

5/14/24 Tuesday, Trial Day 13: *A New York appeals court has rejected Trump's appeal of the gag orders that were imposed in this case, according to a legal filing. "We find that Justice Merchan properly weighed petitioner’s First Amendment Rights against the court’s historical commitment to ensuring the fair administration of justice in criminal cases..." He's already been found in violation of the order 10 times. Trump has repeatedly insisted the order is unconstitutional.
*State witness: Michael Cohen back on stand for direct & cross examination.
*During a morning sidebar, prosecutor Steinglass said Cohen will be the final witness called by the prosecution. He said the prosecution had indicated that they would call a witness after Cohen, a publisher, but decided against it. In conversation with Trump's attorney Blanche, they said they anticipate the prosecution could rest by the end of Thursday.
For more info see post #246 here:
https://www.websleuths.com/forums/t...s-apr-2023-trial-25-mar-2024-3.711716/page-13
Trial continues on Thursday, 5/16/24, No court on Friday, 5/17/24-Trump is attending his son’s graduation & a political rally dinner.

Last edited:
I definitely see a gag order violation here

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
An increasing number of Republican officials have descended on Manhattan to show their support for the alleged criminal who will head the GOP ticket in November. For some, it has been seen as an audition for a potential vice presidential nomination. Silent support for Trump in the courtroom apparently isn’t enough. In this new supply of surrogates, Trump has found a way to dodge the gag order, once again all but daring the judge overseeing the trial to punish him.

Republican officials have queued up outside the courtroom to take the swipes that Trump can’t risk anymore. They have included attacks on Merchan’s daughter, a political consultant who has worked for Democrats, whom Trump railed against before a revised gag order prohibited attacks on the judge’s family. They’ve also pilloried the witness testifying this week, former Trump fixer Michael Cohen, in ways that would see Trump in hot water with the judge.

gag order:

I definitely see a gag order violation here

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
An increasing number of Republican officials have descended on Manhattan to show their support for the alleged criminal who will head the GOP ticket in November. For some, it has been seen as an audition for a potential vice presidential nomination. Silent support for Trump in the courtroom apparently isn’t enough. In this new supply of surrogates, Trump has found a way to dodge the gag order, once again all but daring the judge overseeing the trial to punish him.

Republican officials have queued up outside the courtroom to take the swipes that Trump can’t risk anymore. They have included attacks on Merchan’s daughter, a political consultant who has worked for Democrats, whom Trump railed against before a revised gag order prohibited attacks on the judge’s family. They’ve also pilloried the witness testifying this week, former Trump fixer Michael Cohen, in ways that would see Trump in hot water with the judge.

gag order:
When I saw the GOP Red Tie Crew showing up in droves, my immediate thought was, "well that's not intimidating is it?"

Half the GOP seems to be on standby to make their appearances in/outside of court in their 'RTC' uniforms. Seems to undercut their arguement that this is a political witch hunt by the Dems when they are clearly making the GOP political face of the trial/intimidation parade front and center. Sad that they are actually being paid by US taxpayers for doing this instead of reporting for work at Congress and actually getting stuff done on behalf of their citizens. IMO, that says an awful lot about them.

When I saw the GOP Red Tie Crew showing up in droves, my immediate thought was, "well that's not intimidating is it?"

Half the GOP seems to be on standby to make their appearances in/outside of court in their 'RTC' uniforms. Seems to undercut their arguement that this is a political witch hunt by the Dems when they are clearly making the GOP political face of the trial/intimidation parade front and center. Sad that they are actually being paid by US taxpayers for doing this instead of reporting for work at Congress and actually getting stuff done on behalf of their citizens. IMO, that says an awful lot about them.
From the NBC live feed:
Boebert and Gaetz, two of Trump's congressional allies in the courtroom today, keep turning around to stare at anti-Trump attorney George Conway.

From the NBC live feed:
Boebert and Gaetz, two of Trump's congressional allies in the courtroom today, keep turning around to stare at anti-Trump attorney George Conway.
Those two need to tread lightly and respect the courtroom. We've already had his supporters walk in in the middle of court, and that's not a good look.
IMO.

from the link above - I hope this works...

Judge says the court may meet next Wednesday​

frankel_headshot.jpeg

240510-kyla-guilfoil-mn-1115.jpg

Jillian Frankel and Kyla Guilfoil
Judge Merchan said that the court may need to meet again next Wednesday, due to "holidays and conflicts" that break up the schedule.

Perhaps they show up because it is political.

I don’t know what it would take for me to feel intimidated but I know it would be more than just people showing up. I hope they keep speaking out.

Yep. I agree with your statement.

I suppose I just wish they could disguise their 'politicalness of purpose' by exercising the right to 'freedom of wardrobe choice'. Guess not.
Lol. I don’t know what they are wearing but I’m sure it had to be appropriate for court. I suppose that it is ‘freedom of wardrobe’ choice if they chose to wear it.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Snoopy70
Back