GUILTY NY - Ex-President Donald Trump, charged with 34 criminal counts of falsifying business records, Apr 2023, Trial 25 Mar 2024 #3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Donald Trump to Attend Fundraiser on Day of Barron's Graduation​

Donald Trump is scheduled to give the keynote address at the Minnesota Republican Party's annual Lincoln Reagan Dinner on May 17, the same day he requested off court to attend his son Barron Trump's graduation ceremony.

On April 30 Judge Merchan, who is presiding over the former president's Stormy Daniels hush money case, announced the court wouldn't sit on May 17, allowing Trump to attend the event. But the former president is also due to speak at the Minnesota GOP event on the same day, according to the KFGO radio station.

Surprise Surprise...
It’s nice for him that it worked out that way. One down and one to go, I suppose.

Thanks for the links. It isn't looking good for Cohen. He's not too successful in his attempt to explain the text messages and phone logs that show he was talking about a prankster and not about Stormy Daniels.

I don't believe anything this convicted liar is saying. JMO.

How do the cheques fit into the teenage prankster story? It seems that there is a paper trail regarding the topic of conversation.

My opinion only; I think Michael Cohen being caught in a lie about that call is a bigger deal than people who are looking for a guilty verdict, want to believe. As a paralegal I attended many trials and when a trial did not go the way you thought it would, we would talk to jurors to find out why they opined the way they did-- I was often shocked at the reasoning. Sometimes it has less to do with the facts and more to do with who the jury liked or didn't like, and one thing jurors don't like is being lied to-- It is one thing for Michael Cohen to be painted as a liar (which he is), for past lies, but to lie on the stand in real time, looking the jurors right in the eyes, and lying to them- my guess is they won't take that lightly. You would be surprised how something like this can turn a trial right
around. The prosecution needs to deal with this on re-direct and take it very seriously.

My opinion only; I think Michael Cohen being caught in a lie about that call is a bigger deal than people who are looking for a guilty verdict, want to believe. As a paralegal I attended many trials and when a trial did not go the way you thought it would, we would talk to jurors to find out why they opined the way they did-- I was often shocked at the reasoning. Sometimes it has less to do with the facts and more to do with who the jury liked or didn't like, and one thing jurors don't like is being lied to-- It is one thing for Michael Cohen to be painted as a liar (which he is), for past lies, but to lie on the stand in real time, looking the jurors right in the eyes, and lying to them- my guess is they won't take that lightly. You would be surprised how something like this can turn a trial right
around. The prosecution needs to deal with this on re-direct and take it very seriously.

Accused of lying by the Defense. Not caught lying.

[…]
Donald Trump lawyer Todd Blanche tried to get Michael Cohen to admit that he lied
[…]
Trump’s ‘hush money’ NYC trial live updates: Ex-prez says he’s spending a lot of ‘my time and my money’ in post-court remarks: ‘What they want’

Cohen denied the desperate defense attack saying he was telling the truth.

Busy guys doesn’t surprise me they were quick over business.

>>I knew that Keith was with Mr. Trump at the time>>

Mr. Trump was present let’s see if he adds any credibility to his Defense's accusation by testifying about the call.

Otherwise they have a guy with sworn in, on the stand, testimony to remain in their minds and memories.

Trump is a known self-centered compulsive talker then he comes in the court room and says nothing?

A former president and long winded reality tv personality and not a peep?

If I'm on the jury I figure what is being said by the prosecution is true or such a high function person is going to be sworn in and get on the stand to defend himself.

all imo

Michael Cohen was accused of lying by the defense team. And, it is the defense team spewing t

Michael Cohen was accused of lying by the defense team. And, it is the defense team spewing the lies. moo
From what I gathered from listening to the attorneys on MSNBC, Michael Cohen was actually caught in a lie regarding that call--- now perhaps that is not true, I don't know, but that is what I heard them discussing - they felt it was problematic, but could be overcome by re-direct on the part of the prosecution.

From what I gathered from listening to the attorneys on MSNBC, Michael Cohen was actually caught in a lie regarding that call--- now perhaps that is not true, I don't know, but that is what I heard them discussing - they felt it was problematic, but could be overcome by re-direct on the part of the prosecution.

I have this link which says legal experts say the prosecution has solid evidence that backs up Cohen:

Cohen showed the jury what a sordid bunch they all are.

All imo

‘THE ELEPHANT NOT IN THE ROOM’
Despite the plethora of circumstantial evidence, Cohen's accounts of two pivotal conversations with Trump went uncorroborated.
Cohen testified that he and Trump discussed a plan for him to be reimbursed for the Daniels payment through a series of bogus invoices and checks designed to appear as legal retainer payments at a meeting in Trump Tower shortly before his January 2017 inauguration. Cohen said they had a similar conversation in the Oval Office the next month.

The lack of backup could give the jury pause, especially given the absence from the trial of Weisselberg, who could be in a position to confirm or refute some of Cohen's statements.

Just as I figured the so called business was delayed for Trump’s sake.

(…)
The session had been scheduled for the morning but was postponed until late evening becouse some committee republicans had traveled to New York to be in court with Donald Trump during his hush money trial.
(…)

Evidently the session of the house oversight committee on contempt of congress was just political playing anyway.

Donald Trump has been investigated in every decade of his life by state and federal agencies.

Trump, ever the entrepreneur, has found a deep well of funding and support on the back of the government at the expense of taxpayers.

All imo

Last edited:
Monday, May 20th:
*Trial continues (Day 15) (@ 9am ET) – NY - *Donald John Trump (76/now 77) was indicted (3/30/23), formally arrested, charged & arraigned (4/4/23) with 34 felony counts of falsifying business records in the 1st degree & conspiracy in connection with hush money payments to two women [Stephanie Clifford aka adult actor Stormy Daniels & former Playboy model Karen McDougal] before the 2016 presidential election. Plead not guilty. Warrant vacated, released on own recognizance. New York County
New York: Submitting false invoices or checks. All 34 counts against Trump are felony charges (class E) instead of misdemeanors.
Trial began on 4/15/24 with jury selection & ended on 4/19/24. 12 jurors & 6 alternates. [Jurors: 7 men & 5 women/6 Alternates: 5 women & 1 man].
Trial began on 4/22/24. Trial is expected to run 4 days a week [Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursdays & Fridays].
New York Supreme Court Judge Juan Marchan presiding. Manhattan Attorney General Alvin Bragg. Prosecutors are Susan Hoffinger, Joshua Steinglass & Matthew Colangelo. Defense attorneys Todd Blanche, Emil Bove, Susan Necheles & Gedalia Stern.
Trump is required to attend each day in person — although the judge could grant permission for special absences. Trump has vowed to attend court during the day & travel to campaign events at night.

Investigation & court info from 3/30/23 thru 4/12/24 & Jury Selection Days 1-4 (4/15-4/19/24) & Trial Day 1-13 (4/22-5/14/24) reference post #266 here:
https://www.websleuths.com/forums/t...s-apr-2023-trial-25-mar-2024-3.711716/page-14

5/16/24 Wednesday, Trial Day 14: *State witness: Michael Cohen back on stand for cross examination.
*Cohen is scheduled to return to the stand Monday for further testimony. Blanche said he intends to finish his cross of Cohen before the morning break Monday & there is a possibility both sides will be done with the presentation of evidence on Monday. But Blanche left open the possibility of both Trump & a mystery witness until the next day; Judge told them to be prepared for summations on Tuesday, 5/21/24.
For more info see post #272 here:
https://www.websleuths.com/forums/t...s-apr-2023-trial-25-mar-2024-3.711716/page-14
Trial continues on Monday, 5/20/24,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member