GUILTY NY - Ex-President Donald Trump, charged with 34 criminal counts of falsifying business records, Apr 2023, Trial 25 Mar 2024 #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Michael Cohen confirmed that he considered running for Congress — based on his name recognition, and not Donald Trump.

"My name recognition is because of the journey I've been on. Is it affiliated with Mr. Trump? Yes," Cohen said, but he wouldn't say it's because of Trump.

Trump attorney Todd Blanche then asked Cohen if his "journey" included "daily attacks on President Trump."

After some back-and-forth, Cohen eventually confirmed that the attacks are part of his journey.

And this is the star witness, the person that the prosecution is hanging their hat on. He also just admitted on the stand he embezzled from the Trump organization.

Last edited:
Michael Cohen confirmed that he considered running for Congress — based on his name recognition, and not Donald Trump.

"My name recognition is because of the journey I've been on. Is it affiliated with Mr. Trump? Yes," Cohen said, but he wouldn't say it's because of Trump.

Trump attorney Todd Blanche then asked Cohen if his "journey" included "daily attacks on President Trump."

After some back-and-forth, Cohen eventually confirmed that the attacks are part of his journey.

And this is the star witness, the person that the prosecution is hanging their hat on. He also just admitted on the stand he embezzled from the Trump organization.

Whataboutism at its finest. What does Michael Cohen admitting or not admitting to embezzlement have to do with DJT falsifying business records? I thought the party line was that he's up there lying on the stand. So now he's NOT lying to implicate himself in embezzlement? Having trouble following that thread.

Whataboutism at its finest. What does Michael Cohen admitting or not admitting to embezzlement have to do with DJT falsifying business records? I thought the party line was that he's up there lying on the stand. So now he's NOT lying to implicate himself in embezzlement? Having trouble following that thread.
The character of the testifying witness is important and jurors do take that into consideration when they decide their verdict. Michael Cohen is a two-edged sword. I hope the prosecution can rehabilitate him on re-direct.

The character of the testifying witness is important and jurors do take that into consideration when they decide their verdict. Michael Cohen is a two-edged sword. I hope the prosecution can rehabilitate him on re-direct.

This is true, but it doesn't mean what is alleged didn't happen. JMO

It’s obvious to me that he isn’t credible and can’t be trusted.

I wonder why they couldn’t find someone to corroborate this liar’s testimony.

I doubt you found him credible before this testimony so I don't think it changed your opinion of him.
I’ll bet after he lied to Congress not many found him credible. Now that he’s on the stand testifying against Trump, he’s the best thing since sliced bread.

He’s not credible. We won’t ever agree. So I respectfully agree to disagree.

imo

So convicted liar Cohen is now admitting that he's also a thief. Great witness for the State.

Back on the witness stand for a fourth day, Cohen admitted while being questioned by defense attorney Todd Blanche that he pocketed cash that was supposed to be reimbursement for a $50,000 payment Cohen claimed he had shelled out to a technology firm. But Cohen actually gave the technology firm just $20,000 in cash in a brown paper bag, he said.

“So you stole from the Trump Organization?,” Blanche asked.

“Yes, sir,” Cohen replied. Cohen said he never paid the Trump Organization back.

So convicted liar Cohen is now admitting that he's also a thief. Great witness for the State.

Cohen is an admitted liar and theft.

He served time; everyone knows that.

No news there.

It takes that type to be a criminal working closely with Trump obviously.

No honor among thieves.

all imo

The entire Trump orbit is filled with liars and scumbags, although it's clear no one tops Trump in that regard. We'll see what the jury finds credible and if it's enough for a conviction.

I’ll bet after he lied to Congress not many found him credible. Now that he’s on the stand testifying against Trump, he’s the best thing since sliced bread.

imo

Cohen's credibility is an important consideration for sure. I believe that because of Cohen's past crimes of hiding the truth, the prosecution will have to show more evidence than simply his word, to prove that Trump made hush payments to Daniels and was involved in the scheme to hide the fact from the public through fraudulent bookkeeping.

So, there will need to be more than just Cohen's word for it. The money trail should be pretty easy to follow when there is no alternate explanation for the cheques.

Cohen is an admitted liar and theft.

He served time; everyone knows that.

No news there.

It takes that type to be a criminal working closely with Trump obviously.

No honor among thieves.

all imo
This admission about theft is new news at this trial that harms this witness's credibility for the jury. JMO.

imo
I agree with you. After today's admission that he stole money, Cohen's credibility is basically non-existent to me. JMO.

The entire Trump orbit is filled with liars and scumbags, although it's clear no one tops Trump in that regard. We'll see what the jury finds credible and if it's enough for a conviction.

So so true.
The factual evidence and proof of such shady business is sooooo well documented with anything Trump.
Whoever works for companies like this know the cultural rules regarding practices, protection, profit and power.

T as executive, just takes everything so much further that the normal tycoon, because he wants so much power and presence in the public view. The most extreme narcissist who hurt people every step of the way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MambeuX