GUILTY NY - Ghislaine Maxwell, Jeffrey Epstein confidante, arrested on Sex Abuse charges, Jul 2020 #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interested to know if this own lawyer of his, being involved in another high profile case, is expensive?

My original thought, albeit outrageous, is starting to feel more possible… I think he’s been bought off. MOO

Or the lawyer is doing it pro bono due it involving the GM case.

Bet a few lawyers approached him, good for business no matter what happens to the guy.

So the prosecutors wanted him to have a lawyer first, before he got his own lawyer. I wonder how he ended up with, I can't remember SD's lawyer's name.

Interested to know if this own lawyer of his, being involved in another high profile case, is expensive?

My original thought, albeit outrageous, is starting to feel more possible… I think he’s been bought off. MOO
I'm not a conspiracy kind of thinker, and so didn't want to say anything until more was revealed about this fustercluck, but...I have to say, with the parties involved and unlimited "funds" for in case scenarios, I have to wonder.
Maxwell was awfully confident during the trial.

this juror is the reason why jurors should never be allowed to discuss deliberations, or why they came to the verdict they did, highly likely the case is going to have to be re done, victims having to go through it all again, time and expense will be astronomical again,

irrespective of the whole heap of trouble he may have got himself into, Ghislaine might be feeling a lot more chipper now she knows she will have another chance that she thought she might never have,

this juror is the reason why jurors should never be allowed to discuss deliberations, or why they came to the verdict they did, highly likely the case is going to have to be re done, victims having to go through it all again, time and expense will be astronomical again,

irrespective of the whole heap of trouble he may have got himself into, Ghislaine might be feeling a lot more chipper now she knows she will have another chance that she thought she might never have,
Hope dies last :)

Being Devils advocate here……

Can this juror be charged with ‘jury tampering’ of a sort if he persuaded others that ‘his abuse experience was severe enough, horrible enough etc to warrant 40 years??’

I ask because no matter what we think of GM, what HE experienced had nothing to do with GM.

if there are any American lawyers on here, I’d love to have your input. And everyone else’s, of course.

But the problem lies elsewhere.

Everybody has a right to unprejudiced jury.

A juror must answer truthfully to all the questions in the survey.
It is then for lawyers to decide if she/he is fit to be in Jury.

Other thing, it is wrong if a juror's ego jeopardises the trial.

It means victims' suffering in case of a retrial.
MOO
Everyone has prejudices. Just sayin'. Not having experienced a sexual assault is a bias, too.

BBM. I agree. MOO.
Feeling the need to clarify this.
I don't think he is stupid.
Thought his analysis of the evidence and conclusion was solid and believable.
Leaning more to his lack of savvy but fully buying his sincerity.
Does that make sense?
Plain and simply, I wish he had never spoken.
In this day and age, especially, one needs to keep quiet and lay low.
Too many forces ready to take you down.
Thus, he now needs an attorney, which he's opted to pay for.
IMO, he ain't no high finance guy.
He's an administrative assistant.
Not to diminish his position.
It just is what it is.
MOO.

Does this mean that stupidity is the excuse for jeopardising a trial?
And causing more suffering for victims?
I don't think this man had any intent to cause more suffering for the victims. I can't help but think the victims were thrilled to know someone on the jury understood what they had endured.
MOO.

It sounds he like he influenced the jury using his personal experience to give credibility to witness statements.

"According to David his own sharing led a second juror to share their story. His experience, he said, allowed him to better understand the victims who testified and parlay that into a better understanding in jurors who were not convinced of the victims' credibility."
Will rogue juror set Ghislaine Maxwell free? Conviction is in chaos as juror lawyered up | Daily Mail Online
Maybe he's wrong that he influenced anyone else?

Ghislaine Maxwell jurors who spoke to media about their experience with sexual abuse could be prosecuted if they lied under oath

Jury expert Jill Huntley Taylor, of Taylor Trial Consulting, told Insider that jurors are put under oath during voir dire, and also sign their questionnaires to attest that all of their answers are true.

She said defense attorneys typically use voir dire to try to weed out "stealth jurors," who often "hide experiences or biases with the intent of getting on the jury." Stealth jurors often go undetected, Huntley Taylor said — unless they speak to the press afterward.

Court records show that the questionnaire asked all prospective Maxwell jurors, "Have you or a friend or family member ever been the victim of sexual harassment, sexual abuse or sexual assault?"

During voir dire, prosecutors and defense attorneys typically interrogate prospective jurors who answer "yes" to such questions. But CNN reported Thursday that transcripts showed Juror #50 was not questioned about his experiences with sexual abuse.

It's not immediately disqualifying for a juror to have previous experience with sexual abuse, Huntley Taylor said. However, she said that is something defense attorneys would have wanted to know "so that they can ask further questions to determine if that prior experience creates a bias against their client."

A second juror later told The New York Times on condition of anonymity that they, too, discussed their experience with sexual abuse during deliberations. This second juror also said that sharing their story seemed to help convince the other jurors to believe Maxwell's victims.

Neither prosecutors nor defense attorneys have formally addressed the second juror's comments.

I'm not a conspiracy kind of thinker, and so didn't want to say anything until more was revealed about this fustercluck, but...I have to say, with the parties involved and unlimited "funds" for in case scenarios, I have to wonder.
Maxwell was awfully confident during the trial.

YEP! I'm beginning to wonder if this was something set up way before the trial began. I mean could he have been told don't do anything to cause a disruption until the trial is over, then talk all you want.

Juror #50 hired fake heiress Anna Sorokin's lawyer, Todd Spodek? Whether pro bono or out of his own pocket, is that wise? All I can think of now, as an average laywoman with zero legal expertise, is fake, juror #50 is a fake. Whatever the truth may be, it is now tainted by this association.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeffery