NY NY - Joel Rodriguez, 18, Queens, 9 July 1998

Murkywaters

Reaction score
Original

The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)
Joel Rodriguez – The Charley Project

Joel Rodriguez was last seen in the Corona area of the New York City borough of Queens on July 9, 1998. He has never been seen again and the circumstances surrounding his case are unclear.

The Doe Network has Joel's date when he was last seen an entire year earlier than NAMUS. Maybe that is the reason it has not been caught?

According to these articles the john doe was possibly Hispanic. They also state that his height was 5'8. Joel went missing an hours drive from where this John Doe was found.

I'd start with the jewelry store.

Unfortunately there is no dna on file for Joel.

I wonder if Law Enforcement followed any leads from the jewelry found on the john doe? It looks like the Jewlery store is still around and it is a small mom n pop shop.

I wonder if Law Enforcement followed any leads from the jewelry found on the john doe? It looks like the Jewlery store is still around and it is a small mom n pop shop.
Or if the owners of the store are connected to any missing persons, or if there are a lot of undocumented folks that they might know? Maybe there is a fear of identifying the boy because the family is undocumented? I wonder how many current does have family too scared to ID their kin? I also have a feeling that the john doe with the VIRGO tattoo on his hip is a similar circumstance.

1669119731263.png

This John Doe was found in Queens just over a month later in August of 1998. Could this tattoo be the initials of Joel Rodriguez?

FYI - There is a Post-Mortem photo on the doe network profile for this John Doe.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Babs1966
Back