NY - Karina Vetrano, 30, found murdered, Queens, 2 Aug 2016 #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
The jogger they are referring to in that article is someone totally different that was questioned months ago. This suspect was not a jogger.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

Okay but didn't the police man that called him in as suspicious see him in that area before? On the East entrance of the park? It's sounds as though he was a regular loiter in the area.

Okay but didn't the police man that called him in as suspicious see him in that area before? On the East entrance of the park? It's sounds as though he was a regular loiter in the area.
Yes, but he has been in the area a lot and has summons from the area and park. Not a regular jogger in the park.

Man Who Ran Same Routes as Strangled Jogger Not a Suspect: NYPD

Published Wednesday, Aug. 31, 2016
http://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/loca...r-Looks-for-Mystery-Runner-NYC-391743831.html

NYPD Chief of Detectives Robert Boyce said that the runner heard Philip Vetrano's comments about him on the radio on Monday and went to police to clear his name. Boyce said the runner's DNA didn't match samples found at the scene where Karina Vetrano's body was found Aug. 2 and that the man stopped exercising because he had hurt his knee.

Source: Man Who Ran Same Routes as Strangled Jogger Not a Suspect: NYPD | NBC New York http://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/loca...stery-Runner-NYC-391743831.html#ixzz4Xx83lNQz

It's always interesting to me how people can perceive people so differently. And I don't mean that snarkily at all. I tend to pride myself on being a good judge of character from the jump withbpeople. From his picture, I would have seen him as kind of an awkward kid who may have needed a friend. I shudder at my own misjudgment.

You might both be right.

I used to work in a rough high school. Some of the students that acted out in the worst ways, were also awkward, needy and wanting a 'friend' etc.

I knew some students in our school, who were eventually expelled for attempted rapes, robberies, assaults, and they were also 'kind' and open and good natured during previous detention periods.

I can see how some family members might feel their loved ones were 'innocent' because often the perp shows his vulnerable, 'sweet' side to those closest to them. They act like victims, just wanting a break. So it is believable to their loved ones that they are being unfairly accused etc. It is also a symptom of familial detail.

Yes, but he has been in the area a lot and has summons from the area and park. Not a regular jogger in the park.

Right. I'm saying I think it's possible he had planned the attack or at least seen her before. Maybe he had scoped the area for possible victims ahead of time.

A question : would a confession stand up if the perp was judged to have diminished responsibility ? He has hardly stopped talking. Never asked for a lawyer ?
I can't say what would happen in this case, but I can guess that the confession/ questioning was taped, and with LE knowing in advance that a Defense Attorney would do anything to get his client off, followed the rules.
If he was arrested, his rights not only were read to him, but he would sign the form stating he understood them.

This photo was on this article. It's a photo of his bedroom. First thing I noticed was the white plastic hospital bag. Wonder if that's from the day he went to the hospital after the attack?
http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york...l&utm_source=facebook.com&utm_campaign=buffer

af731ea059a4c8a83b8adcc57e4e370e.jpg

Some special needs students have a 12 month school year. They go 6 weeks during the summer up until mid August. It's not always in the same school and it's not summer school. It's a continuation of classes and most importantly the services as per his IEP. I live in NYC area,
also have a little one with an IEP

I can't say what would happen in this case, but I can guess that the confession/ questioning was taped, and with LE knowing in advance that a Defense Attorney would do anything to get his client off, followed the rules.
If he was arrested, his rights not only were read to him, but he would sign the form stating he understood them.
Yep, but how much did he actually understand ? I think his lawyer will use diminished capacity, but jmo.

It looks like his HS Diploma is dated August 14th, 2016. Sorry if this is already pointed out. Wonder if he went to graduation with scratches all over him.

I have been following this case since day one.. as the months went I checked in less and less..its weird..I did not expect the guy to look like he did..I was feeling more **** and muscular guy..Race I did not have one in mind. But me this guy seems kind of like a poindexter in a way or slow or something... which made me think of all of those serial killers that have had the poindexter feel... and then made me think of different women found dead in Brooklyn.. Identified and not identified.. and maybe Karina was not his first.. but the first he was busted for because her parents (god bless them) would not let this go... I know that throughout this thread we have posted numerous women that have been found killed in Brooklyn but they were unidentified and well sort of it was left that way.. Just a thought I pretty much just had

On local news right now. Interview with sister, she just said "he loves females"........

If this guy claims that he was mugged twice, I wonder who else he attacked, if anyone.

The condom could still have DNA inside it even if no semen. Skin cells would have rubbed off inside it......

Some special needs students have a 12 month school year. They go 6 weeks during the summer up until mid August. It's not always in the same school and it's not summer school. It's a continuation of classes and most importantly the services as per his IEP. I live in NYC area,
also have a little one with an IEP

So it's possible he may have still been attending that school or at least another program somewhere after KV's murder. IF so, they'll have more info from educational professionals about his affect and behavior after August 2nd.

An old calendar from that particular HS showed classes ended the usual late June.

Glad to see they have a suspect. I watched the police video of the arrest and its very clear to me that there is something "off" about him. The way he looked around seemed very odd like he didn't understand it all. Almost over stimulated. My nephew is autistic and it reminded me of him when he is uncomfortable situations. Perhaps he was a bright student and was pushed beyond his sensory limits with the loud music blaring and just freaked out? Still inexcusable.

Chanel Lewis admits to killing Queens jogger Karina Vetrano in rage-filled attack; police say he had hatred for women

http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york...lling-jogger-karina-vetrano-article-1.2964701

“He doesn’t have a criminal record,” a source said. “But he’s had previous incidents in which he has expressed a hatred for women. He’s thought of hurting women or attacking women. He’s expressed a deep-seated aggression towards women. But it was nothing he’s ever acted on.”

Until Aug. 2, officials said.

Cops also cobbled together a sketch of a “person of interest” seen in the park around the time of the murder, but it failed to produce a break in the case.

JMO witness/person of interest/suspect is all the same to LE. Language that is used before the perpetrator is arrested is important before and during trial. JMO

I have no words. Wow! I am so glad this man behind bars. I feel that he would have continued to attack women had he not been caught.

Regarding the composite sketch ...

[video=twitter;828657653773656064]https://twitter.com/ORiled_Up/status/828657653773656064[/video]
https://twitter.com/ORiled_Up

Regarding the composite sketch ...

[video=twitter;828657653773656064]https://twitter.com/ORiled_Up/status/828657653773656064[/video]
https://twitter.com/ORiled_Up
The more I see the father of CL and the sketch the more it looks like him with the wool hat (skinnier though) . Perhaps he went looking for CL after he left in a rage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member