GUILTY NY - Levon Wameling, 9 months, Utica, 29 May 2013

I told myself I was not going to open this thread.
I wasn't/am not mentally prepared to read about another missing baby.

Against my better judgement, I weakened. I opened this topic.
My heart is aching for this little guy.

In several MSM reports, this was quoted:
“I think that, more than anything, it’s a starting point,” Hauck said of the plea for residents’ help. “It makes no sense to start out broad and make the search smaller. It makes the most sense to start small and go bigger.”
My question:
Who but the father is saying the baby actually made it to the front steps of that home?
I know LE always starts at the last place the baby/person was seen, but who is to say this baby even made it to the front porch?
Just the dad?
Anyone else see this baby with the dad that night on the front porch? Hmmm.......

I understand LE wanting to start at that home, but maybe it's time they spread their tentacles a little farther.
Where was the father BEFORE he went home?
Did he have the baby with him then?
Who is to say it was ONLY two weeks that the baby wasn't reported missing?
Couldn't the baby have been missing even longer?

this is a great post, start to finish. I have been lurking but cannot bring myself to participate much and your thoughts on starting small mirror mine. I want to know the last moment this child was seen alive by someone other that the father and I want to know where that was. Everywhere that father has been since that moment is where you start.

My question:
Who is to say it was ONLY two weeks that the baby wasn't reported missing?
Couldn't the baby have been missing even longer?

Respectfully snipped.

One of the articles talks about the downstairs neighbor hearing the baby for sure on the 28th or 29th of May. I believe that is how they are pretty sure how long he's been missing.

If the apartment is upstairs how did the dad unlock the back door? When I think of an apartment, I think of a staircase leading to the front porch and a back door being the balcony. Maybe this is a different kind of apartment. Was Levon in a child carrier, a stroller? Certainly the child was not left alone on an upstairs landing where he could crawl or roll down a stair case. I should probably go back and look at search picture to get an idea of the apartment layout.

The news coverage has been sparse. The same story with hardly any details. Jevon lost the baby. He has an attorney, it's been said, and is not talking or cooperating to help find his child, which speaks volumes of his character as a father, to say the least.

I'm sure someone in his life would be able to supply further details. It's going to be up to the people who really loved Levon to keep pressing this forward because it's already going too quiet. People who know more have got to do the right thing for Levon.

In some older homes, there's a front door with a staircase that leads up to the 2nd floor apt. When you're in the apt and wanting to go to the laundry or out back, the exit is similar to the front door.

Zillow or something should have the lay out, I'd think. I'll see if I can find it.

This is so sad. Dad is just going about his life? Going to work and pretending everything is the same ?

What medical condition does the baby have?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Where are you Levon?? I too want to know who the last person to see Levon other than Jevon and when and where.

Why not immediately .....as in within minutes of his disappearance .....report his being missing? Is this another Casey Anthony? Ughhhhhh
The dad's story about putting the baby down and going to the backdoor is ridiculous. Hopefully scent dogs are being used cause something stinks!

Article in Utica paper, updated 5pm Sat.

UTICAOD.com

Sunday, crews are out searching for missing nine-month old Levon Wameling, still with no signs of the baby.

snipped

On Saturday night, Jay Street did not appear to have the strong police presence it had seen over the past several days. However, Utica Police say they are continuing to search for the baby, but were not at liberty to specify the locations they are currently searching.

That was in stark contrast to Friday, when helicopters were brought in to join law enforcement ground crews and search dogs in the Jay Street area.

http://www.wktv.com/news/crime-repo...on-ends-with-no-signs-of-child-211709671.html

So this guy Javon has a deceased baby in his background from 7 years ago? Apparently the mom of this baby has contacted the police to reopen the case about her baby, who died of suffocation.

http://.blogspot.com/2013/06/baby-levon-concerns-about-javon-wameling.html?showComment=1371258931002

I can't forget reading about another baby in Jevon's past.

Worried, I have not been able to forget Levon all weekend.

Don't know if this is alright to ask - Is it true his father is a police officier? http://www.topix.com/forum/city/utica-ny/TJT7342LBQSQ0EUFH

Watched an older video of the search. Saw the dogs eager to search. It was reported in the beginning that people who might normally not offer info were coming forth with what they knew to LE.

There might still be a chance he handed off an alive Levon to someone. This baby still needs to be found! Please keep his name and face out there.

It sickens me to know this fathers day, Jevon is spending his day covering his azz rather than doing right by his son.

He has no right to call himself a father. Sick, sick, man. May he reap what he has sown.

Reminds me of mark hacking admitting himself to the psych ward after he murderd. We don't know the moms timeline at all, we don't know if she had the baby last. We need an independent sighting of the child by a non family member! Who the heck really last saw this little guy alive? Could Hv been mom, could Hv been dad. All Are suspect to me at this point.. And to boot, now we find out a prior child died under his watch 7 yrs ago? I Hv no words. Not after hearing that and that ""LE states he isn't a suspect".......oh my.

Starting Monday, you can sign up to help police find 9-month-old Levon Wameling of Utica. The boy was reported missing last Tuesday.

From 9 a.m. to 5 p.m., you can call 223-3510 to sign up and either hand out flyers or help police in the search.

Volunteers will be contacted by Utica Police, when needed, with further details.

Until then, police are asking people to continue checking their property for Wameling.

http://www.9wsyr.com/news/local/sto...rss=112&utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

I don't for a minute believe LE doesn't consider *dad* a suspect.

Another thing I think we can all agree upon. The ONLY reason Jevon reported Levon missing at all, is because fathers day was coming up. I'm sure his family wanted to see him and the baby for the holiday, so he had to fess up or come up with something as to why the baby wasn't gonna be there.

If there was no upcoming holiday of some sort, no one would be aware this child is missing.

I don't for a minute believe LE doesn't consider *dad* a suspect.

Of course his is a suspect. They are just stating that they have not publicly named him a suspect, so to speak.

I don't believe for a minute Jevon doesn't know where the baby is, or where he last saw him, and it wasn't the front porch.

Another thing I think we can all agree upon. The ONLY reason Jevon reported Levon missing at all, is because fathers day was coming up. I'm sure his family wanted to see him and the baby for the holiday, so he had to fess up or come up with something as to why the baby wasn't gonna be there.

If there was no upcoming holiday of some sort, no one would be aware this child is missing.

Why on earth would he say he hadn't seen the kid in 2 weeks? Why not just claim he disappeared that day or the night before?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kelc3769
Back