NY-LI 10 bodies found on Beach-Poss. SrlKlr-12/10-4 id'd; more found 3/11 #10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Suffolk commish: Progress in Gilgo probe

http://www.newsday.com/news/breaking/suffolk-commish-progress-in-gilgo-probe-1.3016807

Suffolk detectives have made progress investigating the slayings of as many as 10 people whose remains were discarded in the Gilgo Beach area, including four women who authorities believe died at the hand of the same killer, Police Commissioner Richard Dormer told a national news program.

"An arrest is not imminent, but we're making progress," Dormer told "48 Hours Mystery" in an hourlong special about the Gilgo case, scheduled to air Tuesday night on CBS. Newsday viewed an advance copy.

But Dormer said it's still unclear what happened to Shannan Gilbert, 24, the Jersey City woman whose May 2010 disappearance in Oak Beach launched a search that later turned up 10 sets of human remains along the barrier island east of Jones Beach...

Suffolk commish: Progress in Gilgo probe

http://www.newsday.com/news/breaking/suffolk-commish-progress-in-gilgo-probe-1.3016807

Suffolk detectives have made progress investigating the slayings of as many as 10 people whose remains were discarded in the Gilgo Beach area, including four women who authorities believe died at the hand of the same killer, Police Commissioner Richard Dormer told a national news program.

"An arrest is not imminent, but we're making progress," Dormer told "48 Hours Mystery" in an hourlong special about the Gilgo case, scheduled to air Tuesday night on CBS. Newsday viewed an advance copy.

But Dormer said it's still unclear what happened to Shannan Gilbert, 24, the Jersey City woman whose May 2010 disappearance in Oak Beach launched a search that later turned up 10 sets of human remains along the barrier island east of Jones Beach...

WOW! The Doc is not looking good here:

The actions of an Oak Beach doctor, Peter Hackett, a former director of Suffolk County emergency services, are also scrutinized in the broadcast.

Gilbert's mother, Mari Gilbert, of upstate Ellenville, told Newsday she received a phone call from Hackett shortly after her daughter disappeared. She said Hackett told her he runs a halfway house for runaway children, that her daughter visited him on May 1, 2010, and that she left that day with her driver.

Mari Gilbert said Hackett asked her to have Shannan call him. "I said, 'Fine, I will.' Then he hung up," Gilbert said Sunday.

Until Sunday, Hackett had denied to Newsday and others that he called Mari Gilbert. He first confirmed the call to "48 Hours Mystery," but he denied Mari Gilbert's account of what was said.

Hackett Sunday told Newsday he made the call on May 6 at the request of Shannan Gilbert's boyfriend Alex Diaz, who visited Oak Beach to search for her. Hackett said he spoke with Mari Gilbert for less than four minutes and only offered his help as a board member of the Oak Beach homeowners association.

"I had nothing to do with anything occurring the night Shannan went missing," Hackett told Newsday Sunday. "I never saw her that night; she never came to my house, I never offered her assistance."

Hackett said Suffolk police searched his home with cadaver-sniffing dogs earlier this year, but found nothing. Police have said he is not a suspect.

Although, this is probably a stretch I thought I would post. Saw the alert this am while on the parkway and found online.

All lanes in the northbound Wantagh State Parkway from Ocean Parkway to Merrick Road will be closed to motorists on Monday from 7:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.

The DOT site says that the highway closure “is needed to inspect critical locking devices” on the Wantagh State Parkway draw bridge that runs over Sloop Creek to “assure its safe operation for motorists and vessels.” The Wantagh Parkway multi-use path will also be closed to users during Monday’s drawbridge inspection.

I'm sure it is just bridge work, but remember LE shutting down the Wantagh to investigate months ago.

Hmmmmm, many conflicting stories with Dr. H. At one point he said he saw her looking distressed that night.......but he also never saw her. He called, but no he didn't call? I'd agree the doc is looking suspicious.

Bringing back an old article from April:
http://www.news12.com/articleDetail.jsp?articleId=279001&position=1&news_type=news

From article:
"The resident, Dr. Peter Hackett, says he never even heard Gilbert's name until about a week after she was reported missing from the Oak Beach community where he lives. Still, the Jersey City woman's sister insists someone called her mother, claiming to be Dr. Hackett, and said that Gilbert was in his house.

Speaking to News 12 Long Island today, Hackett denied making the call, saying the allegations are "hurtful." "

BBM. Now I know human memory tends to be unreliable, BUT this is a critical factor... it's not like he's having trouble remembering details of the conversation, he is flat out contradicting himself over whether or not the phone call even occurred. This sends up SERIOUS red flags to me!!

ETA: If CPH really did only call Shannan's mom a week later at the request of Shannan's boyfriend, why wouldn't he have mentioned that in all the other interviews? What would be so "hurtful" about being asked if you made a phone call that you actually did make but under different circumstances? Why wouldn't you just explain that?

Looks like those phone calls back and forth between MP and SG may have been for additional clients. And one of those clients may have been someone that SG was familiar with and didn't want to service. She probably told MP that she didn't want to go to that client because she is scared of him. And MP probably got pissed because this particular client was offering a lot of money. More than she would normally get. And that's why SG freaked and went running. Just speculation on my part but certainly possible.

That is a good theory and could explain why she would have refused to leave the house.

Speaking to News 12 Long Island today, Hackett denied making the call, saying the allegations are "hurtful." "

BBM. Now I know human memory tends to be unreliable, BUT this is a critical factor... it's not like he's having trouble remembering details of the conversation, he is flat out contradicting himself over whether or not the phone call even occurred. This sends up SERIOUS red flags to me!!

ETA: If CPH really did only call Shannan's mom a week later at the request of Shannan's boyfriend, why wouldn't he have mentioned that in all the other interviews? What would be so "hurtful" about being asked if you made a phone call that you actually did make but under different circumstances? Why wouldn't you just explain that?

Please excuse the snip. I'm on an iPad and I can't scroll past a certain point.

I am really wondering this, too. Why the conflicting stories. And "hurtful" is very strange. Especially if he is now admitting he made a call. Why did he flat out deny it? Has anyone seen phone records that can verify when he actually did make the call? I hope LE has seen them.

IMO, he is either lying because he wants to save his reputation and maybe his marriage (if he had been seeing prostitutes, for instance) or he has some thing to do with this. Either way it would seem he is hiding something. Yep, red flags!

The actions of an Oak Beach doctor, Peter Hackett, a former director of Suffolk County emergency services, are also scrutinized in the broadcast.

Gilbert's mother, Mari Gilbert, of upstate Ellenville, told Newsday she received a phone call from Hackett shortly after her daughter disappeared. She said Hackett told her he runs a halfway house for runaway children, that her daughter visited him on May 1, 2010, and that she left that day with her driver.

Mari Gilbert said Hackett asked her to have Shannan call him. "I said, 'Fine, I will.' Then he hung up," Gilbert said Sunday.

Until Sunday, Hackett had denied to Newsday and others that he called Mari Gilbert. He first confirmed the call to "48 Hours Mystery," but he denied Mari Gilbert's account of what was said.

Hackett Sunday told Newsday he made the call on May 6 at the request of Shannan Gilbert's boyfriend Alex Diaz, who visited Oak Beach to search for her. Hackett said he spoke with Mari Gilbert for less than four minutes and only offered his help as a board member of the Oak Beach homeowners association.

"I had nothing to do with anything occurring the night Shannan went missing," Hackett told Newsday Sunday. "I never saw her that night; she never came to my house, I never offered her assistance."

Hackett said Suffolk police searched his home with cadaver-sniffing dogs earlier this year, but found nothing. Police have said he is not a suspect.

"Hackett said he spoke with Mari Gilbert for less than four minutes"

Hackett and the Serial Killer are the only "two" people I know who keep such close tabs on the length of their phone calls LOL

Hackett is killing himself every time he opens his unsightly mouth.

From here on out it's popcorn and couch time for us sleuthers, I for one will enjoy the show.

Hi everyone / anyone?
There seems to have been some recent speculation about GC and possible mob connections. There is a gangster named victor colletti who recently won An appeal against prosecution and when I saw his photo my first thought was that looks like gus' younger brother. Not entirely sure - no links as I'm typing this on a cheap Android phone which makes everything more difficult than usual. Image is easy to find though. Opinion on whether this could be gus' little bro is welcome!

Oh and I'm not sure if it was mentioned here or on lisk.com - in case it's the latter - interesting incident from oak beach in 2004 concerning a mr. Wilson And the shooting of a police officer - no links but easy to find - reading it only reinforced the notion that oak beach is in fact a small town in the wild west and not in fact a long island gated community.
That's all folks.

Hackett Sunday told Newsday he made the call on May 6 at the request of Shannan Gilbert's boyfriend Alex Diaz, who visited Oak Beach to search for her.
Thus far, we have a known human trafficker ( link ) who, based upon info contained in the Suffolk County Legislature Public Safety Committee meeting minutes ( link ), "was contacted by an individual in the Oak Beach Association," and now the so-called "boyfriend" who was also Shannan's ex-driver ( link ), calls the good doctor and asks him to contact Shannan's mother? ( link )

Iow, is it possible that MP was actually contacted by the good doctor? That CPH was the one who arranged for Shannan to attend JB's so-called "party?" After all, how on earth would the "boyfriend" know CPH's number in the first place? And why would he call him (as opposed to the alleged client, JB) and ask him to contact Shannan's mother? Am smelling a lot more than fish in that ocean-side town.

Iow, is it possible that MP was actually contacted by the good doctor? That CPH was the one who arranged for Shannan to attend JB's so-called "party?" After all, how on earth would the "boyfriend" know CPH's number in the first place? And why would he call him (as opposed to the alleged client, JB) and ask him to contact Shannan's mother? Am smelling a lot more than fish in that ocean-side town.

Please excuse the clip.

Shadow, really, really great point. Wow......you got my mind ticking. It is interesting that LE said they are making progress, no arrest imminent, but it is good to hear they are making progress. Some things are not adding up here. You figure LE has had to notice that.

Hi everyone / anyone?
There seems to have been some recent speculation about GC and possible mob connections. There is a gangster named victor colletti who recently won An appeal against prosecution and when I saw his photo my first thought was that looks like gus' younger brother. Not entirely sure - no links as I'm typing this on a cheap Android phone which makes everything more difficult than usual. Image is easy to find though. Opinion on whether this could be gus' little bro is welcome!

Snipped by me...

I'm not sure that they are immediate relatives... Gus spells his surname "Coletti" - has one 'L' - and Victor's surname "Colletti" - has two. That's just from preliminary searches...

Thus far, we have a known human trafficker ( link ) who, based upon info contained in the Suffolk County Legislature Public Safety Committee meeting minutes ( link ), "was contacted by an individual in the Oak Beach Association," and now the so-called "boyfriend" who was also Shannan's ex-driver ( link ), calls the good doctor and asks him to contact Shannan's mother? ( link )

That's what I'm wondering too. Why/how would Shannan's boyfriend call the doctor? Why would he single him out as someone to contact and how did he get his name/number? Something's setting off my hinky meter when I read the doctor's statements (MOO). He's not making sense to me.

I don't believe that SG's boyfriend Alex Diaz called the doctor. According to their story, MP and Alex Diaz actually went to Oak Beach a couple of days after she went missing to try and find her. I think he spoke with the doctor directly at that point.

Snipped by me...

I'm not sure that they are immediate relatives... Gus spells his surname "Coletti" - has one 'L' - and Victor's surname "Colletti" - has two. That's just from preliminary searches...

IF GC is one and the same GC from The Clusters, google shows it spelled both ways.

http://www.metro.us/newyork/local/article/914945--new-twist-in-li-murder-mystery

From article: "Peter Hackett, long reported as one of the last people to see the missing Gilbert, had denied that he reached out to her family, as her mother alleged.

But tonight, the show reveals that he acknowledged making two calls to Gilbert’s family last May, saying he only offered to help search."

BBM
Two calls...

I don't believe that SG's boyfriend Alex Diaz called the doctor. According to their story, MP and Alex Diaz actually went to Oak Beach a couple of days after she went missing to try and find her. I think he spoke with the doctor directly at that point.

Do we know much about Alex Diaz? This is interesting to me, because I had read MP went back to look for Shannan. That made me feel like maybe he didn't have anything to do with this. BUT, when I read your post I got the feeling that maybe Alex really wanted to go look for her and made MP show him exactly where all this happened.

Svpernin, 2 calls! Wow. Hmmmm, the doc really didn't want some information about him out. So what is he covering up?

But why would the Dr call SG mother, even telling her his name, if he was involved with Shannan's disappearance???

Is it possible that the police, for unknown reasons, have asked the Dr not to admit offically that he made those calls? and that the Dr now do that anyway because so much is posted about him on the different LISK forums?

This whole Dr issue is a mystery to me!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member