NY-LI 10 bodies found on Beach-Poss. SrlKlr-12/10-4 id'd; more found 3/11 #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
I decided to Google Map the Real Estate Group listed in the "history of barrier Island..." article and then the CVS. Here is the google result:
Showing results for cvs west islip ny. Search instead for cvs west islep ny
Search Results

CVS/pharmacyCVS/pharmacy
Place page
460 Montauk Highway
West Islip, NY 11795
(631) 422-1912
Bus: Babylon LIRR Station

So, the CVS is near the bus station!

I google mapped the bus depo and the cvs out of curiosity. Why is the cvs and the bus depo important? Here's the map:

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?gl=u...40.699105,-73.3149&spn=0.008687,0.022037&z=16

I google mapped the bus depo and the cvs out of curiosity. Why is the cvs and the bus depo important? Here's the map:

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?gl=u...40.699105,-73.3149&spn=0.008687,0.022037&z=16

I don't know but when I googled the CVS the listing gave that refernce to the LIRR Bus Station. When I clicked on that link it gives the bus routes and times. One route Babylon to Penn Station. I think West Islip is the key to breaking at least Shannan's case.

If any of you have an iphone, ipod, ipad, or android... I downloaded a free app, iTriage ( link ) just to take a look-see wrt medical facilities, etc, in the area. If you choose to download/install it, I would suggest disabling the geolocation and use city/state or zip for your search. Interestingly (or not), Mr. Hyde's "business" is the only one listed for that area.

A couple of things I've been meaning to mention...

The man said he was searching for the woman because she had left a party upset, and he was trying to find her to bring her back to the house, according to Coletti. ( link )​

Why would the driver tell GC he's trying to take Shannan back the party?

Gilbert, a prostitute from Jersey City, was last seen in May by Long Island doctor Peter Hackett, who said he saw Gilbert running at night near Oak Beach, looking both sick and distressed. ( link )​

How is it that PH saw Shannan running at night?

I don't know but when I googled the CVS the listing gave that refernce to the LIRR Bus Station. When I clicked on that link it gives the bus routes and times. One route Babylon to Penn Station. I think West Islip is the key to breaking at least Shannan's case.

Yea, I saw the CVS listing gave a reference to the Babylon lirr too. I thought maybe there was a bus stop at the cvs but haven't been able to find anything about that yet. All the public transit directions from Babylon LIRR to CVS say to just walk it, which is a 12 minute walk.

Why do you think West Islip is the key to SG's case? I didn't remember reading that there was a connection to West Islip in her case? I may have missed something though, especially since I just woke up from a benadryl coma and am a little groggy. LOL:crazy:

Oak Beach would be a great setting for a horror novel. A couple from the midwest decide to spend their honeymoon at the seaside resort of Oak Beach-Gilgo-Captree. They find themselves driving down a desolate stretch of sand strewn road...not a soul in sight. Except for the vampires. And a handful of glassy eyed children fashioning sacrificial dolls out of dried seagrass. ;)

ETA: It might be time for me to go to bed. :floorlaugh:

The name Oak Island even seems foreboding but that "history" really gave me concerns. My first thought was that someone wants to preserve/protect the history of the Oak Beach Association which was founded as a religious retreat. I am left wondering if that 1000 seat religious bldg is still there within the gated community.

Hinky Meter.....

Surgeon....Works/worked for drug rehab
Saw Shannan running...incoherant
Takes her into his home
She leaves that night by car.................:waitasec:

I will buy anyone here a drink who can tell me anything about that Oak Beach Assn. address given as a business listing for PH. Don't bother trying a property tax search, you'll get nada. You can try that address number + Oak Beach Rd. and you'll get a google earth view of a house, but try any other search and I bet you'll get the same thing I get...nada. You tell me...where the hell IS this place?

This has been driving me nuts for over a week now. I'd love to give up ,but.... no.

It probably has something to do with the fact that no one in OB owns their property. they own the house but the land is on a lng term lease from the town. If you check blockshopper for that street a lot of the houses are listed that way. http://longisland.blockshopper.com/property/47-20-89-243-000-0001-119-000-0000/2_the_fairway

I decided to Google Map the Real Estate Group listed in the "History of Barrier Islands..." article and then the CVS. Here is the google result:
Showing results for cvs west islip ny. Search instead for cvs west islep ny
Search Results

CVS/pharmacyCVS/pharmacy
Place page
460 Montauk Highway
West Islip, NY 11795
(631) 422-1912
Bus: Babylon LIRR Station

So, the CVS is near the bus station!

There is no bus station. It's a train station. There is a bus that leaves the train station and goes down Montauk Highway to Patchogue. But Suffolk County buses stop running at around 7pm.

A couple of things I've been meaning to mention...

The man said he was searching for the woman because she had left a party upset, and he was trying to find her to bring her back to the house, according to Coletti. ( link )​

Why would the driver tell GC he's trying to take Shannan back the party?

Gilbert, a prostitute from Jersey City, was last seen in May by Long Island doctor Peter Hackett, who said he saw Gilbert running at night near Oak Beach, looking both sick and distressed. ( link )​

How is it that PH saw Shannan running at night?

Better than telling him you're trying to find a prostitute who's freaking out. If the driver is not involved he probably thought he would get her back in the car and it would over. He would have no idea that it would turn into such a big case.

If SG was killed at Gilgo the killer either had to know she was going to JB's house and had followed her and her driver
(makes no sense), killer was driver, killer was JB(unlikely knowing driver was waiting outside ) .
I feel her disappearance is unrelated to the bodies found.

Hi all,

Reading some interesting posts. I have one little thing to add...

Mr. Hyde
Stanford H. Calhoun High School
Class of '74 (that's about the right age I think)
Merrick, NY

Is that anywhere near the areas we are posting about? Tx!

I keep thinking about that review stating he was "drunk" or "high." Hmmmm

How did you come up with that particular HS?

Actually, in the video, the reporter says that CPH had stated that SG was running incoherently and looked sick. I know it wasn't a quote.. Ugh! I wish we heard it straight from the horse's mouth!

http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2011/04...ch-for-bodies-off-l-i-in-serial-killer-probe/
"Gilbert, a prostitute from Jersey City, was last seen in May by Long Island doctor Peter Hackett, who said he saw Gilbert running at night near Oak Beach, looking both sick and distressed"

But you're right..still, no quote from him.

On another note, I was reading old articles and found this referring to SG:

"That was the last time she was seen. We saw her footprints in the sand," said Justin Canning, 20, who lives down the street. "She was in a panic. We thought she was on drugs."

http://www.myfoxboston.com/dpps/new...rial-killer-probe-dpgonc-20101216-fc_11102136

There seemed to be quite a few witnesses that early morning. How did she just disappear?! Anyone who was awake in that community at that time is a Person of Interest in my book..it could've been anyone. So, Shannan's disappearance wasn't in the news yet, but I'm sure everyone in that quiet gated community knew about it the next day, if they hadn't witnessed it themselves. And anyone of them could've called SG's mom and gave the dr's name.
I picture SG running down The Fairway screaming at the top of her lungs for help, and in each home that she passes, a light goes on, as if she is waking up the neighborhood, house by house. There had to be a trail of witnesses.

Someone knows something.

Actually, in the video, the reporter says that CPH had stated that SG was running incoherently and looked sick. I know it wasn't a quote.. Ugh! I wish we heard it straight from the horse's mouth!

http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2011/04...ch-for-bodies-off-l-i-in-serial-killer-probe/
"Gilbert, a prostitute from Jersey City, was last seen in May by Long Island doctor Peter Hackett, who said he saw Gilbert running at night near Oak Beach, looking both sick and distressed"

But you're right..still, no quote from him.

On another note, I was reading old articles and found this referring to SG:

"That was the last time she was seen. We saw her footprints in the sand," said Justin Canning, 20, who lives down the street. "She was in a panic. We thought she was on drugs."

http://www.myfoxboston.com/dpps/new...rial-killer-probe-dpgonc-20101216-fc_11102136

There seemed to be quite a few witnesses that early morning. How did she just disappear?! Anyone who was awake in that community at that time is a Person of Interest in my book..it could've been anyone. So, Shannan's disappearance wasn't in the news yet, but I'm sure everyone in that quiet gated community knew about it the next day, if they hadn't witnessed it themselves. And anyone of them could've called SG's mom and gave the dr's name.
I picture SG running down The Fairway screaming at the top of her lungs for help, and in each home that she passes, a light goes on, as if she is waking up the neighborhood, house by house. There had to be a trail of witnesses.

Someone knows something.

I know Jennifer McLogan says that he said it, but she never says actually said it to her. I thought the same thing when I first saw it last month. But after watching it a few times it seems to me that she's just quoting what the Gilbert family says he said.

If the killer is a summer person, he'll be back in business soon.

The residents are going to do their annual cleanup of the beaches soon. I wonder if Mr. S.K. will be working alongside of them? Out of curiosity; or because of an insane wish to find some remains of his victims???

just a reminder in case anyone missed it, the group of locals that normally cleans up the area east of gilgo and west of oak beach is savethebeaches.net
run and organized by none other than our Mrs Hyde.

Smells like a possible psychological connection to me. SKs are usually (metaphorically) killing their mothers or wives right? And they usually work their way closer to the actual kill they want to perform. Putting the bodies where they are could be SK's courage growing in some sick way. Maybe HE doesn't want to find his own victims, but wants someone close to him to find them... That's some pretty serious psychological abuse, sounds like something someone who enjoys watching people suffer would do.

That's what the TOS says. I didn't realize the phone list came from that site.

The best thing to do is probably send a message to Salem, who's been moderating this thread, and ask for an opinion about whether it's a site we can use. I'd do it, but I'm not going to be around tomorrow...

Journalists routinely now quote and search blogs, websites, social media and all other forms of internet information. The term msm has been broadened in recent years, although the debate re "citizen journalism" is still going on. I perosnally do not feel that discussing these web sites vilolates TOS. And again many of these people we have been discussing gave interviews. Mrs. H did not have to agree to an on-camaera video.
The basic premise here, I think, is credibility. Not divulging or discussing information that could be damaging if untrue. But let's remeber information has to be first, false to be considered slander or libel.
Also, since this site does have a moderator, a posters' opionion that something violates the rules and we should not sleuth, is just that... an opinion.

just a reminder in case anyone missed it, the group of locals that normally cleans up the area east of gilgo and west of oak beach is savethebeaches.net
run and organized by none other than our Mrs Hyde.

Smells like a possible psychological connection to me. SKs are usually (metaphorically) killing their mothers or wives right? And they usually work their way closer to the actual kill they want to perform. Putting the bodies where they are could be SK's courage growing in some sick way. Maybe HE doesn't want to find his own victims, but wants someone close to him to find them... That's some pretty serious psychological abuse, sounds like something someone who enjoys watching people suffer would do.

Funny you would mention this. At 3:00 AM (ish) I came across pictures of this group and I had to turn away from the computer and this case. I hope that LE will follow up on the whole preservation/cleanup angle. Femme Hyde gives me concern and I am left wondering what her occupation is/was...nurse maybe...?

(One can almost hear the Sk thinking: "oh, I'll give them something to clean up.")

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fbifedora