NY-LI 10 bodies found on Beach-Poss. SrlKlr-12/10-4 id'd; more found 3/11 #8

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yes, they were:(. I was wondering if putting them in burlap was an indication that he has a need to dispose of his victims in an orderly fashion (possibly a glimpse into his personality) or was it simply convenient and easiest if he happened to have had burlap laying around or had easy access to it.

Could definitely be an element of order to it. Note how they were each spaced so precisely apart, each contained in their own little burlap cocoon. I think he wanted to be able to ride past and pick each individual out by sight. There's Maureen (evil grin), oh, and there's Melissa (slobbery evil sicko grin)...

(The more I THINK I know this guy, the more I hate him.)

Still, if the victims were drugged a man with physical limitations would probably be able to pull it off.

If they're using the conventional position, the woman is very vulnerable. The killer could have his hands around her neck before she even knew what was happening.

I still think the burlap had some sort of significance to him. It wasn't as if he did it within a short time frame, where he just happened to have burlap laying around due to some landscaping project or something. He used burlap for at least 3 years to hide 4 bodies! I believe it had some sort of religious significance where it was meant to "chastise" the bodies of these women who were prostitutes - sort of like the rituals of groups like Opus Dei with their flagellation rituals. (Nothing personal against Opus Dei - that is just what came to my mind.) The first 4 bodies that were found, and the 4 bodies in AC just have a "ritualistic" feel to them. With the paltry amount of information we have, the other bodies that have been found do not seem to fit the same mold. I can't help but believe at least all of the LI murders are connected, but that means he changed up his MO at some point. How much longer is it going to take to get an ID on some of the other victims??

I thought they had decided the AC murders probably weren't connected?

He could just have burlap bags around all the time -- clamming, for instance, or large bags of animal feed. It seems to be pretty common around that area. The fact that some of them are in black plastic leads me to believe that it's just convenience.

I haven't heard enough about the bodies to get a feel for whether there's any ritual or whatever involved. They haven't even said whether the bodies in the bags were dismembered. We know some of the others were.

Are there really no posts here since 12:41 AM?

The video where the wife talks, you can see PH walk into the house. I didn't notice any strangeness to his gait in that video. But then, maybe I wasn't looking for it?

I thought he sort of lumbered in that video as well. I need to watch it again. Was that the one where he also leaned heavily on the storm door?

I thought he sort of lumbered in that video as well. I need to watch it again. Was that the one where he also leaned heavily on the storm door?

This is one I had never seen before and it seems to be neither the one with the wife's interview, the one of him in the pink shirt or the one where he is in his doorway with the screen door half open.

I so want to see both of the newsday/channel 12 videos but they seem to be subscription only. Specifically,the one where he is half in and half out his door with the weird picture of the woman, behind him on the wall and the one of him in the pink shirt. Man I wish someone could post them for just long enough for everyone to analyze them.

Since we have heard that he strangled at least some of his victims and at least one with a ligature, then it is not such a big leap to assume that he is into bondage and that is what the higher $$$ figure represents. Once the woman are restrained, they are simply at his mercy and they really aren't much of a physical challenge for a physically impaired man.

Especially if he'd spent time courting them and building up trust on previous dates.

I wonder if there was a serious accident and if the SK was laid up recuperating, for a time, with a live-in nurse (spouse) by his side.

I don't know if it was rumor or speculation, but someone said something about Doc getting these injuries in a car accident? If that's correct, I'd love to know what year that was...

Could definitely be an element of order to it. Note how they were each spaced so precisely apart, each contained in their own little burlap cocoon. I think he wanted to be able to ride past and pick each individual out by sight. There's Maureen (evil grin), oh, and there's Melissa (slobbery evil sicko grin)...

(The more I THINK I know this guy, the more I hate him.)

The deliberate spacing of the bodies still makes me wonder if LI/AC are connected. I think the police have hinted that they no longer believe there's a connection, but I don't know how final that conclusion is.

http://in.news.yahoo.com/video/wcbs...-in-the-l-i-bodies-investigation-24881711.htm
When observing very closely, one sees that the doctor not only appears dishevled and wobbly but he seems to resemble someone who may have undergone some significant weight loss. He has the look of someone who lost weight over a relatively short period of time. (very loose skin under his chin, fatty breasts and a noticeable muffin top...yes, I have looked at this video at least three times now :)

Years ago, an amazing sleuth found infinite details about a shady character by finding a website with her comments on a stomach stapling procedure. It would not surprise me if the doc has a history of online exchanges.

Especially if he'd spent time courting them and building up trust on previous dates.

I don't know if it was rumor or speculation, but someone said something about Doc getting these injuries in a car accident? If that's correct, I'd love to know what year that was...

PLEASE NOTE THAT EVERYTHING IN THIS POST IS OPINION. THERE'S NOT A VERIFIED FACT IN IT.

I asked a friend whose mother lives in Islip about an accident, and the mother got back to me with many rumors. It could be described as "lots of good dirt"; she used the word "coverup" a couple of times. And so far I can't validate or disprove any of it. I can't even find that anything was released to the public. I'm about ready to pay for a subscription to Newsday so I can go trawling in the archives.

If she's even partly right, though, it predated all of this, even AC, and it all tended to exonerate the doctor.

One thing she did say that I thought was interesting is that she says the gated part of Oak Beach is where a bunch of important Long Island people live, several of them connected to the DA's office, LE, county government executives, hospital managers, etc. Her perception is that if the killer lives there, it will never come out to the public. They take care of their own.

As I said, this is all her opinion.

you guys, I am reading the rifkin book on kindle and i have to tell you..rifkin is exactly the type of perp I think of ...he would hang out with these girls...he says the hookers always had to take care of their drug fixes first...especially if it was like overnight,

these were street girls..but in a certain way , Rifkin would lie in wait...pay for dope..drive them around...run errands...

then wham...

he planned it all along...he knew he was going to get around to it...

he was a guy who was a complete utter misfit/failure socially, but with hookers he could have the contact and attention he craved.

in a way it kind of ruins your idea of the SK as a charming sociopath....how about a not-so-charming sociopath?

reminding you of anyone?

PLEASE NOTE THAT EVERYTHING IN THIS POST IS OPINION. THERE'S NOT A VERIFIED FACT IN IT.

I asked a friend whose mother lives in Islip about an accident, and the mother got back to me with many rumors. It could be described as "lots of good dirt"; she used the word "coverup" a couple of times. And so far I can't validate or disprove any of it. I can't even find that anything was released to the public. I'm about ready to pay for a subscription to Newsday so I can go trawling in the archives.

If she's even partly right, though, it predated all of this, even AC, and it all tended to exonerate the doctor.

One thing she did say that I thought was interesting is that she says the gated part of Oak Beach is where a bunch of important Long Island people live, several of them connected to the DA's office, LE, county government executives, hospital managers, etc. Her perception is that if the killer lives there, it will never come out to the public. They take care of their own.

As I said, this is all her opinion.

That is why I thought the information that peterf14 was discussing in the comments at the link below was so interesting.... some sort of huge internal rifts and corruption that involves all sorts of seedy characters who are well heeled and connected. Some of the people involved are related to LE. I could see a situation where a dirty cop, or one who was involved via a coverup would have made the call to SG's mom, claiming to be PH - stupidly thinking it would misidrect and throw the investigation off path. :twocents:

http://www.newsday.com/news/breaking/7.1888427?view=article&totalComments=584

Okay Guys - we have a forum now. Let's start breaking this out. How about threads for the victims? Maps? Timeline? Possible connections?

THANK YOU JBEAN!!!!

Salem

More video (just for the record) For a cameo snipet of the couple go to 2:14
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lVd9fjkpZo4&feature=related[/ame]

I read on findshannangilbert.com that PH acted as a security guard for the OBA, driving around in a car "complete with flashing red lights" and it made me wonder...would a car with flashing red lights pulled over on the side of Ocean Parkway arouse suspicion? Passerby might assume it is police (undercover). I wonder what make/model car PH drives and/or if he uses another car for his duties as a security officer.

It seems almost all the video of interviews with the doc & his wife are fast disappearing from the links and cached references on the web. Wonder why ABC, GMA and the Inside Edition links no longer have the sections with either of the couple?

If they're using the conventional position, the woman is very vulnerable. The killer could have his hands around her neck before she even knew what was happening.

True carbuff.

The deliberate spacing of the bodies still makes me wonder if LI/AC are connected. I think the police have hinted that they no longer believe there's a connection, but I don't know how final that conclusion is.

I also wonder how exactly it was stated concerning LE no longer believing that the AC and LI murders are connected. For example, the following is purely hypothetical. In cases where LE might believe someone is guilty, but they have little to no evidence they sometimes almost make it sound like they themselves believe the person is not guilty.

I've heard LE say things like, "We have no evidence that Mr. so and so was ever in Sonoma, California during the time of the murders". They are careful not to give away that instead they believe that Mr. so and so did it, but they just haven't found proof that he was in Sonoma, CA, and they need additional proof. They don't want to give away what they believe so that they don't scare off the perp or make him hide his tracks better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Websleuth0000