NY - LISK Bodies found as of December 10, 2011 Thread #13

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has the 911 call or parts of it ever been broadcasted? Or the old guys 911 call??

If so, can you provide with link?? It would be very interesting to hear.

Sent from my GT-P1000 using Tapatalk

Nope. Neither have been released thus far. Would love to hear both of them.

I know it's been posted before but Gilbert vanished May 1st, 2010

Here are the historical weather conditions for that day

http://www.wunderground.com/history...tml?req_city=NA&req_state=NA&req_statename=NA

so, I don't understand why some are posting about hypothermia.

True, she wasn't searched for til December 2010....but she vanished in MAY
I've been in that area at 5AM, wet and half dressed with the temps in the 50's. (Skiing, fishing)
Hypothermia should not be ruled out.

RE: Spota v Dormer: Dormer is on his way out. Spota is on his way up. Who has move to gain by speaking up? Dormer has no reason to follow the company line (multiple killers) because he isn't even going to be a part of any future investigations. Second question, why does a prosecutor even have a say in the investigative aspect of any case before such a case has an accused or a suspect, even? Spota or any DA, it would seem, wouldn't even be officially privy to investigative information until there was someone to bring charges against or to prosecute. Why is his office even in on this public opinion as to the number of killers there are? Why does he have any say over who runs the PD?

What better time for Dormer to speak his mind then when he is not in jeopardy of loosing his job? He already has lost the job. Then again, why would he want anyone to believe his theory about Shannan's demise? This is one BIG CAN of WORMS.

RE: Spota v Dormer: Dormer is on his way out. Spota is on his way up. Who has move to gain by speaking up? Dormer has no reason to follow the company line (multiple killers) because he isn't even going to be a part of any future investigations. Second question, why does a prosecutor even have a say in the investigative aspect of any case before such a case has an accused or a suspect, even? Spota or any DA, it would seem, wouldn't even be officially privy to investigative information until there was someone to bring charges against or to prosecute. Why is his office even in on this public opinion as to the number of killers there are? Why does he have any say over who runs the PD?

What better time for Dormer to speak his mind then when he is not in jeopardy of loosing his job? He already has lost the job. Then again, why would he want anyone to believe his theory about Shannan's demise? This is one BIG CAN of WORMS.

Very true! I have to say initially I thought that it could have been possible that Shannon ran into the marsh, I know what the marshy areas are like out there. Is it probable? No, but it's possible.
What are the chances that Shannon drowned when 10 other sex trade workers were found dead in the vicinity? Not very likely.
Do I think the DA will feed us a line?...you bet.

Yea, The info about the jacket had to be wrong from the start. The big thing about the jacket at first was that LE had retrieved it and then it was lost by them :innocent:

WHAT?! Are you SERIOUS? gjdfifjaksdfjslfhal

I hope/trust/pray? that LE is on a mis-information campaign. So far, i can't see anything that smacks of an accidental drowning.

I'm going to hazard a guess that her belongings (included ballet flats?) were found approx 1/3 of the way into the marsh ... which sounds like she would have been running barefoot through the final 2/3 to where she was found. Sounds like steel-toed boots or Wellies would have been more appropo than bare feet.

ITA...

I also wanted to add that the ballet flats may not have been on her feet at the time... if she did indeed have her bag/clutch/purse and GC is incorrect then she could have had the ballet flats in her purse... http://www.drscholls.com/drscholls/forher.jsp... not directed at anyone, just for information...

so let me see, they said they looked for her...did they drive around ? did they shine spotlights and call for her?

they gave up really easy...

Has the 911 call or parts of it ever been broadcasted? Or the old guys 911 call??

If so, can you provide with link?? It would be very interesting to hear.

Sent from my GT-P1000 using Tapatalk

We are being told that it is not legal for Suffolk County to release tapes of 911 calls (seen that printed in numerous articles).

Also, know this has not been brought up but meaning to-

There never has been any indication that the calls to the little sister's cell phone were ever recorded.

We are being told that it is not legal for Suffolk County to release tapes of 911 calls (seen that printed in numerous articles).

Also, know this has not been brought up but meaning to-

There never has been any indication that the calls to the little sister's cell phone were ever recorded.

If they rule her death an accident ,the release of the tapes fall under FOIA ,if it is part of an investigation for the serial killer (or anything else),we will not be hearing that tape. Until there is a trial. JMO.

I'm a little confused. Dormer said on 48 Hours that he believes SG drowned but the place her body was found is now dry land. In there any reason to believe it was under water May 2010? If she was wet and exhausted at 5:30 am at 58 degrees with a bit of wind, she could easily die of hypothermia. I doubt that it could be "proven" with only skeletonized remains.

The whole issue of one vs. more than one serial killer is nothing but conjecture at this point. They need to solve one of the killings and see if the rest can be linked.

Questions

Could the perp have access to voice manipulation software and can, in real time, change the sound and rhythm of his voice over the phone? Has he been recording the voices of people he comes into contact with to use in this endeavor?

Does he know how to do things with mobile phones and landlines?

Does he know about caller ID spoofing?

Does he know how to remotely tamper with and reprogram phones?

Does he know how to physically hack into landlines?

Does he have phone cloning software?

Can whatever he does with these phones reflect on phone bills?

Is he a capable and prolific computer hacker?

Has he tried to hack into LE computer systems? Has he succeeded?

Is he some sort of digital voyeur/stalker/peeping tom?

Has he been digitally and physically spying on members of his community for years without them know about it?

I'm a little confused. Dormer said on 48 Hours that he believes SG drowned but the place her body was found is now dry land. In there any reason to believe it was under water May 2010? If she was wet and exhausted at 5:30 am at 58 degrees with a bit of wind, she could easily die of hypothermia. I doubt that it could be "proven" with only skeletonized remains.

The whole issue of one vs. more than one serial killer is nothing but conjecture at this point. They need to solve one of the killings and see if the rest can be linked.

It is believed that the water was 2-3 feet at the time. However, some sleuthers looked into the weather and there was no rain for quite sometime prior to this, so many don't think the water was 2-3 feet.

I don't think hypothermia can be proven with skeletal remains but someone linked to something that said drowning evidence can be found in skeletal remains in a place like Shannan was found due to the presence of a certain organism in her bones (don't remember what exactly, but some microscopic critter found in swamps and the like).

Personally I don't think they will figure out her COD. I think it will be inconclusive. Which is the worst outcome IMO.

Just throwing out my thoughts but I think Shannan's official COD will be inconclusive. I really don't think we will ever 100% know why she was where she was, and why she perished. Unless the SK is caught and for some reason admits to her death and gives LE details that match up with everything, I don't think we'll ever officially know. Sorry to be a Negative Nancy lol but it's concerning to me that the ME still has not released a COD. Plus, on top of that she was skeletal in a marshy area. They probably won't be able to tell if she drowned or collapsed of hypothermia and most likely all DNA evidence is gone.

IMO I think this is why they were so quick to state she drowned. They know most likely they won't know the COD and wanted to give an answer to the general public and plant the seed. This way, when the COD is inconclusive, they can say "well the absence of evidence IS the evidence".

:twocents:

ITA...

I also wanted to add that the ballet flats may not have been on her feet at the time... if she did indeed have her bag/clutch/purse and GC is incorrect then she could have had the ballet flats in her purse... http://www.drscholls.com/drscholls/forher.jsp... not directed at anyone, just for information...

Hello there,
I'm new here but have followed this story. If I do recall she was wearing black strappy sandles .

Hello there,
I'm new here but have followed this story. If I do recall she was wearing black strappy sandles .

It's also been reported that she changed into boots once in MP SUV...
[ame="http://websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=7442520&postcount=239"]Previous post[/ame] (thanks quiet girl)... if link to post doesn't work here's the news article. Come to think of it, I don't recall hearing what she was actually wearing when she left JB's house...

Questions

Could the perp have access to voice manipulation software and can, in real time, change the sound and rhythm of his voice over the phone? Has he been recording the voices of people he comes into contact with to use in this endeavor?

Does he know how to do things with mobile phones and landlines?

Does he know about caller ID spoofing?

Does he know how to remotely tamper with and reprogram phones?

Does he know how to physically hack into landlines?

Does he have phone cloning software?

Can whatever he does with these phones reflect on phone bills?

Is he a capable and prolific computer hacker?

Has he tried to hack into LE computer systems? Has he succeeded?

Is he some sort of digital voyeur/stalker/peeping tom?

Has he been digitally and physically spying on members of his community for years without them know about it?

Those are some really good questions. I've thought about a few of these questions myself. I live in ontario and the last year or so we have what seems like serial killer behaviour with unsolved cases. Whoever this person is he enjoys toying with police.

IIRC that marsh was drained so they could search.

have they released any info as to the state of Shannan's remains, were they clothed?

going back to the photo of Gilbert's remains....I studied it again last night for hours...and I'm going back to my original conclusion of what I was seeing. I also compared it to other photos online of skeletal remains.

It definitely appears that Gilbert's upper body was wrapped in something dark or black. You can even see the silhouette of her arm crossed underneath whatever the "wrapping" is...in other words, it does not appear that it's a garment with sleeves.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HOLLYMOORE73