NY-Long Island-4 bodies on Beach-Possible Serial Killer-Dec 2010 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I keep thinking about the U-Haul Connection here. That has to be COINKYDINK :crazy:
It's got to be the Academy Award winner of coinkydinks and that's all I have to say about that.

Hi, ChemCopOut, thanks for your detailed note.

Law Enforcement release 911 tapes if they think that it will help solve the case. Releasing a lengthy rambling 911 call from a presumed victim would only embarrass her family.

The story of the driver and the john and the old man seem to have cumulative consistency. I think that we are focusing on Ms. Gilbert because it is the only seeming near-narrative we have.

As for cocaine, I've lived in Manhattan's East Village for forty years and I have seen several prostitutes and other people behaving extremely on coke. A woman (now deceased) who lived in my building had to be dragged from her apartment by police after such a paranoid attack.

I think that several of the most morbidly successful serial killers buried their bodies in clusters; the strategy, I assume, being that if it worked the first time, it would again. And in this instance, returning to familiar fields did work for at least eight murders.

As you note, burlap can be used for transporting bodies. (I apologize; this sounds gruesome.) I assume that by burying a body inside burlap that you would at least slow the disintegration of the body and thus lessen the possibility that bones would separate or that body parts would be detected by scavenger animals.

They were not buried. They were placed above ground hidden in behind the bush things. Burlap is strong and able to hold weight which could be why the woman are smaller. It also says wrapped in burlap I am still unsure if they are bags or burlap from a roll.

Off topic.
I had a dream the ice crystals solved the case.:waitasec: I think I need read the never ending story thread before I try and sleep.

It's got to be the Academy Award winner of coinkydinks and that's all I have to say about that.

I missed something. Could you explain the coinkydink? I know you said his business is located across from a U-haul but what's the big deal with that?

Should this thread be separated into two threads. The first thread for Shannan Gilbert and the second thread for the possible serial killer on Long Island?

It is just a thought.

I would love to read the "profile" the FBI must have on this killer by now. Wonder why they haven't posted it online yet? I'm dying to see it and their take on this person.

LOL and then try the COINKYDINK of this guy moving back in with his mother :waitasec::crazy:

I have a poster friend who is a whiz at research and am going to ask her to try and find out something about the mother. We might be playing this guy on too high a plane, white collar, of money etc. Why would a man who owns a business like this guy, move back to his mom's home? If he were of money wouldn't he simply lease a property in another area? The living with mother now just has got my goat.

That tiny comment I read written Feb 1st about LE digging 'around his other house' is gone now. Don't know why as there were like 10 comments. :banghead:

IMO

The comments are not showing up. It says ooops cant find the comments.

I assume the U haul co winks stole them?

I missed something. Could you explain the coinkydink? I know you said his business is located across from a U-haul but what's the big deal with that?
Because a neighbor saw JB and another person loading a u-haul in almost complete darkeness. They did have have a little light but not much. He seemed to be in a hurry was the general impression I got. The link to that is somewhere on one of these two threads but I'm not sure where. Sorry.

Should this thread be separated into two threads. The first thread for Shannan Gilbert and the second thread for the possible serial killer on Long Island?

It is just a thought.

Hi James, I really don't think so, and only because it seems like LE has coincidentally learned about the SK murders through the investigation of Shannon's case. Others might feel differently. ;}

Because a neighbor saw JB and another person loading a u-haul in almost complete darkeness. They did have have a little light but not much. He seemed to be in a hurry was the general impression I got. The link to that is somewhere on one of these two threads but I'm not sure where. Sorry.

Here you go: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/ny_crime/2010/12/15/2010-12-15_seeking_clues_in_beach_slayings_cops_swarm_long_island_house_where_hooker_shanno.html#ixzz1FmVeKvm5

Snippet

"It's unclear if police hunting for a possible serial killer consider the man Gilbert visited a suspect. A resident of the beachfront community described him as an oddball.

"That guy always gave me the creeps," the neighbor said.

"One night about two months ago, he parked a U-Haul van on the side of the house. It was the strangest thing," the neighbor added.

"He and another man were packing the truck up in the dark. They moved real fast. It took about fifteen minutes. They didn't turn any lights on except one little light. That was the last time I saw him."

The man declined comment when reached by phone yesterday, and his family said they knew nothing about the case
".

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/ny_..._house_where_hooker_shanno.html#ixzz1Ins46xXj

Has anyone compiled a list of missing woman in the New York area? Most articles I have read over the last couple of days give me the impression that LE is expecting to find more bodies?

Yes LE is now saying they are expecting to find more bodies, but On 12/8/10 they said they thought they wouldn't. Wonder what change their minds?? Is it because they feel they will find Shannon?? IDK

I think Nassau County is getting involved because Tobay Beach is in Nassau County and I feel that that is where they will search next. JMO

They were not buried. They were placed above ground hidden in behind the bush things. Burlap is strong and able to hold weight which could be why the woman are smaller. It also says wrapped in burlap I am still unsure if they are bags or burlap from a roll.

Off topic.
I had a dream the ice crystals solved the case.:waitasec: I think I need read the never ending story thread before I try and sleep.

Hi, Soulmagent; thanks so much for that detail. I had assumed that the bodies were at least somewhat buried. At least one story described the burlap as bags. Obviously, the underbrush is very thick or the killer took extra care to conceal the corpses. Another indication of how unvisited this area is.

Good luck with the ice crystals.

Hi, ChemCopOut, thanks for your detailed note.

Law Enforcement release 911 tapes if they think that it will help solve the case. Releasing a lengthy rambling 911 call from a presumed victim would only embarrass her family.

The story of the driver and the john and the old man seem to have cumulative consistency. I think that we are focusing on Ms. Gilbert because it is the only seeming near-narrative we have.

As for cocaine, I've lived in Manhattan's East Village for forty years and I have seen several prostitutes and other people behaving extremely on coke. A woman (now deceased) who lived in my building had to be dragged from her apartment by police after such a paranoid attack.

I think that several of the most morbidly successful serial killers buried their bodies in clusters; the strategy, I assume, being that if it worked the first time, it would again. And in this instance, returning to familiar fields did work for at least eight murders.

As you note, burlap can be used for transporting bodies. (I apologize; this sounds gruesome.) I assume that by burying a body inside burlap that you would at least slow the disintegration of the body and thus lessen the possibility that bones would separate or that body parts would be detected by scavenger animals.

releasing that tape would make le a lot of money since all the media networks would want it regardless of the contents. as long as it had to do with shannon and the sk that night, i know a lot of us here would love to hear what was on that 911 call.
i agree about shannon being the only info we have so we focus on it.
yet it is shannon that started the whole search which led to bodies being found. she is the only one whose narrative we have to work with.
however i don't rule shannon out like she is just some rambling nut junkie.
she obvious was extremely scared out of her wits, and she did go to the neighbors for help (which is logical) then she left there, soon after the driver was looking. now if she thought someone was after her, yet wasn't sure who it was exactly while in the house with jb and driver, she would be suspect of both of them. there is a lot of info we are all missing here. so i wouldn't be so quick to write shannon off. those 911 calls are important.

they won't release it as it contains info vital to the case.
i understand you've seen "case studies" of individuals on coke however how do you know they were on coke and not crack or lsd or pcp? not to mention the drug may affect everyone different. usually people do not bug out like that on coke. if they are on crack for a long time then they will become paranoid, same goes for meth.

as for the cluster burying and "if it worked the first time, it would again" that may very well be the case. there's been numerous killers who have kept their victims in their own houses and yards while they live there.

as for the burlap for transporting bodies, yes, as someone else had mentioned it could also work as "camuflage" for the underbrush when dumped.
as far as wild animals go, they would still get through and smell the burlap, as burlap is porous and decomposes. it depends on what types of wild animals are around there and the food supply of the ecosystem there in general. it might be easier for some to eat washed up fish or people's trash than to go eat a body. it would also depend on how well the killer secured the burlap. were the bags tied at one point? we don't know..
yet i'm sure animals have gotten to some. like the cadaver dogs, normal animals can smell. the brush there seems thick where some were found. i don't think the burlap would slow the decomp process that much at all.

I remember reading that. I don't know what to think about that. I know what it looks like but SG called the cops from his house and she didn't want to leave.

LOL and then try the COINKYDINK of this guy moving back in with his mother :waitasec::crazy:

I have a poster friend who is a whiz at research and am going to ask her to try and find out something about the mother. We might be playing this guy on too high a plane, white collar, of money etc. Why would a man who owns a business like this guy, move back to his mom's home? If he were of money wouldn't he simply lease a property in another area? The living with mother now just has got my goat.

That tiny comment I read written Feb 1st about LE digging 'around his other house' is gone now. Don't know why as there were like 10 comments. :banghead:

IMO

it's okay scandi, the article i had found about shannon's sister mentioning they hope le solve the case since shannon named who she thought her attacker might be on the 911 call is also missing from newsday...agh!

as for him moving back in with his mother, what if it's a psychological thing? as if mommy can protect him?

Off topic.
Interesting about your dream. From what I gather from reading about the case none of these bodies are 'freshly' killed {sorry about that ;}. That is with the first 4 I think. Have we heard anything about the last 4?

Maybe your dream has to do with ice crystals that would form on skeletonized bones and the crystals would hold some chemical close to the bones and keep it from escaping the bag, and that somehow leads LE to the killer. Could be, right?

It is just a thought.

Shannon Gilbert has a thread here.

It is just a thought.

We already have one for SG.

Yes LE is now saying they are expecting to find more bodies, but On 12/8/10 they said they thought they wouldn't. Wonder what change their minds?? Is it because they feel they will find Shannon?? IDK

I think Nassau County is getting involved because Tobay Beach is in Nassau County and I feel that that is where they will search next. JMO
I have a great deal of sympathy for them and am going to try to send positive good thoughts their way. God knows....the authorities there never in their wildest days thought they would be knee deep in a crime of this caliber. The big city cops & detectives may be trained for this type of case.....of this caliber.....BUT, I doubt those manning the smaller jurisdictions are prepared in any way, shape or form for crimes of this magnitude.

it's okay scandi, the article i had found about shannon's sister mentioning they hope le solve the case since shannon named who she thought her attacker might be on the 911 call is also missing from newsday...agh!

as for him moving back in with his mother, what if it's a psychological thing? as if mommy can protect him?

Yes, and he probably hates her but needs her desperately too. He acted kinda fritzy I thought in that video. Speaking pretty fast, not good pronunciation, was a bit aggressive in his movements, talked under his breath, etc.

Makes you wonder if she is alive or rocking in a chair back in the master bedroom :loser: I know, I'm getting silly now. Too much thinking I guess. LOL Guess I'll take a break and run to the store. xox

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member