GUILTY NY - Maddox Lawrence, 21 mos, Syracuse, 20 February 2016

Since I've joined websleuths (which hasn't been all that long), I don't think I've seen a case that was a premeditated murder of a toddler. I've seen abuse, negligence, accidents. Not a planned murder.

I assume if they find it WAS planned, they will change the charge to 1st degree, right?

A current case is the death of 3 year old Brendan Creato in NJ. His father, DJ, is accused of murdering Brendan because DJ's teenage girlfriend didn't like kids and gave him an ultimatum: me or the kid. Totally sick.

Did this dad work? Mom was at work and he was the caregiver is my assumption. What is up with grown men not having enough pride to go hold a job ? How many male caregivers kill babies while the moms are at work?
Grow up BOYS!

Note to ladies : If your ' man' will not work, he is not a man. Making a baby does not make a man. Taking care of a baby for the baby's entire LIFE makes a man.

Did this dad work? Mom was at work and he was the caregiver is my assumption. What is up with grown men not having enough pride to go hold a job ? How many male caregivers kill babies while the moms are at work?
Grow up BOYS!

Note to ladies : If your ' man' will not work, he is not a man. Making a baby does not make a man. Taking care of a baby for the baby's entire LIFE makes a man.

Exactly!
And I think he wanted more ATTENTION in the bedroom!
ugh!!

What a shocking case, poor baby girl :( I have been following what has been said from msm, but IMO i don't think it was only a matter of the father was jealous of the baby. There has to be more to this story than that i would think. From what i see the mom was working and supporting this family, so what was he doing? A stay at home dad looking after Maddox full time? Was he trying to gain employment so his wife could stay at home and take care of the baby? Was the relationship as rosy as we have been led to believe? Were any harsh words spoken prior to his decision to go and kill his child? Something sparked his decision to commit such an evil act and i wonder what that was exactly because i don't think it was only jealousy but a combination of things. JMO.

Grow up BOYS!

We don't really know what their situation was as far as the dad getting employment. And these days it is not unusual for a man of the house to be a full time dad staying home and caring for the kids while the wife earns the family income. Roles seem to be different nowadays as far as parenting goes.

Really!

I have SOOOO many stresses. We are in custody court w my husband's crazy ex after she abused one of the kids. She has ppl stalking our house and calls the cops for ridiculous reasons.

My teenage son has cancer. Today, I found out BY ACCIDENT he will need radiation. He had his pet scan last week, we don't have the results yet and the radiation dept called me today because they haven't received their orders. I told him I was not yet given the results and had no clue he needed radiation yet. Derp.

I am missing a ton of work due to my son's cancer and EDD is lollygagging my PFL claim. I filed on 1/12. Today, I was on hold for nearly an hour and right at 5, someone picked up the phone and slammed it down. Great. I was overpaid last month and owe my job and will be docked accordingly this month (I'm out of PTO from his hospitalization).

My fridge took a crap.

It NEVER ENDS for me.

And if you have followed my novel not ONCE has it crossed my mind to even smack my toddler!!! I know yes they can be challenging but jeezis first world problems anyone? He is one of my only sources of comfort w his unconditional love! I accept his little tantrums on occasion. But I know of anyone totally loves me, it is him.

I can't wrap my head around this crap sometimes!!!!

I am, literally, laughing and crying reading your post.
Am sending you huge hugs and lots of strength. I know we all go through crappy crappy days. Some push us to our limit. You are stronger than you ever thought you could be, right??
But at the end of tge day, its all about our kids. Our family. :crush:

What a shocking case, poor baby girl :( I have been following what has been said from msm, but IMO i don't think it was only a matter of the father was jealous of the baby. There has to be more to this story than that i would think. From what i see the mom was working and supporting this family, so what was he doing? A stay at home dad looking after Maddox full time? Was he trying to gain employment so his wife could stay at home and take care of the baby? Was the relationship as rosy as we have been led to believe? Were any harsh words spoken prior to his decision to go and kill his child? Something sparked his decision to commit such an evil act and i wonder what that was exactly because i don't think it was only jealousy but a combination of things. JMO.

I totally agree. I'm thinking he was much more deeply troubled than simply being jealous of a precious child.

As for him babysitting at night, do we know he didn't have a job? Perhaps he and his wife worked different shifts so that they didn't need to have a babysitter. I DON'T KNOW if that is the case - maybe he is a deadbeat - but I don't think others here know either. What he did was heinous enough, we should check our facts before assuming additional faults.

I am NOT defending him at all. What did is absolutely horrible and I can't understand how any father could do this....and if he actually planned it in advance, that's beyond comprehension.

But I agree that there is more to the story than what we know.

JMOpinion at the moment, subject to change.

We don't really know what their situation was as far as the dad getting employment. And these days it is not unusual for a man of the house to be a full time dad staying home and caring for the kids while the wife earns the family income. Roles seem to be different nowadays as far as parenting goes.

I do agree the roles seem way different than yesteryear. I have no problem with a loving, non murdering father being the stay at home parent. None whatsover. In fact, in instances where the child does not die by his hands, I think it's rather adorable. But most of the cases here on WS where a child is killed at or near home, it's a ' stay at home ' male care giver while the mom is working .

Very true, some of my favourite "school mum" friends are in fact dads. They have a tough time, many women don't speak to them, I find them good to spend time with when the playground gossip gets too much!

I do agree the roles seem way different than yesteryear. I have no problem with a loving, non murdering father being the stay at home parent. None whatsover. In fact, in instances where the child does not die by his hands, I think it's rather adorable. But most of the cases here on WS where a child is killed at or near home, it's a ' stay at home ' male care giver while the mom is working .

Shouldn't LOL but did... I doubt that sentence has ever been uttered before!

syracuse.comVerified account ‏@syracusedotcom 6m6 minutes ago
Father arraigned for murder of baby Maddox Lawrence; pleads not guilty http://ow.ly/YHsOZ

Once the attorneys show up it is very common to see a not guilty plea even with perps who confessed, led police to a body, etc.

The legal wrangling has begun. I would be shocked if he had entered a guilty plea. It just doesn't happen IME. He may end up pleading to something lesser later if prosecutors were even willing to offer lesser charges, but right out of the gate at arraignment? Nah, not guilty is standard operating procedure.

:gaah: People run families how it works for the family, and they're all different. I don't think being a stay at home dad made him, or will make anyone, a murderer. There are days I'd like to go back to work because I made more money than my husband and because I'm tired, and it wouldn't make him less of a man to stay home with our daughter if that were to happen. It won't happen because I truly love staying home when I'm honest with myself, but it wouldn't make me less of a mother or woman either. My husband also doesn't "babysit." He parents because that's what he is-- someone just as responsible for parenting as I am.
This man was clearly a child and a monster, not a man, but I find these gross generalizations offensive. I get that we see horrid things on here, but I think it's our responsibility to stay grounded and sane in spite of it. Just MOO.

Once the attorneys show up it is very common to see a not guilty plea even with perps who confessed, led police to a body, etc.

The legal wrangling has begun. I would be shocked if he had entered a guilty plea. It just doesn't happen IME. He may end up pleading to something lesser later if prosecutors were even willing to offer lesser charges, but right out of the gate at arraignment? Nah, not guilty is standard operating procedure.

Thanks, ticya. That makes sense. (I admit figuring out motive is more interesting to me than the legal wranglings and court cases.)

Just once, I'd like to see one of these vile pieces of human trash refuse counsel and stand up and say "yes your honor, I am a vile piece of human trash, and I plead guilty your honor".

I know, I know... and I'd like chocolate to cause me to lose weight, too. A girl can dream, right?! :gaah:

If I had not seen a person jealous of their child first hand I would find it hard to believe.
However my ex best friend tried for years to have a child through artificial insemination due to her husband had testicular cancer. After thousands of dollars and 8 inseminations they finally got pregnant. They had the perfect life, new home, new baby great jobs. Well my girl friend became very jealous of her own daughter, long story short and after affairs on her end then, started drinking she lost her job and everything she ever had and walked away from her daughter. This started when her daughter was almost 2 she is now 9 and has nothing to do with her. It's sad and crazy to think someone would get jealous of their own innocent child.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tempo111
Back