NY NY - Michael Taus, 24, West Islip, 18 June 2010

:Welcome-12-june: JeanieRocks

This is so puzzling. Where can he be?? Where is his dog??

Since you live a few blocks away do you see any posters up?

ITA with you. They dropped off his car because they found out the police were looking for him, his dog and his car.

I wish his family would speak out and get this back on the news. Somebody knows something.

http://www.newsday.com/long-island/...-word-of-missing-west-islip-man-dog-1.2275048

9/9/10 news article.
Almost three months after a West Islip man and his pit bull went missing, his family is still anxiously awaiting word on what happened to the man.

Michael Taus, 25, was last seen on June 18 at his home on Everdell Avenue by his father Russel Taus. Suffolk police and Taus' family say there are little clues to what may have led to the disappearance of Michael, who ran a business detailing cars...
////
The is a pay for news site....

Very sad that there is little media attention. Our missing guys are just as important as our missing girls.

there are many different motivations for people to be secretive, from the benign - just wanting to be left alone to the nefarious, like criminal activity.

assuming nothing nefarious, then being secretive is usually no big deal. however, in a case like this when someone is missing then it really puts everyone at a disadvantage in figuring out what on earth he was up to.

I would hope by now the family and/or LE looked over his computer, cell phone usage, etc. and if there were any leads they explored them.

not hearing much, we are left to guess at what was going on. sad for the family and who knows about Michael, whether he is happily off somewhere or deceased in some obscure location.

I checked his FB page, but nothing new has been posted in awhile.

I think because of the bodies found along the beach by fire island, they need to look at this case. The fact that Michael's car was still running tells me he must have met this "date" 40 minutes from his home and it turned out NOT to be who he thought it was, but he and his dog were taken before he had a chance to react. Possibly at gun point. IMO.

I man or serial killer could easily pose as a woman online. Has his computer been searched? Who is this woman?

My heart goes out to this family.

I think because of the bodies found along the beach by fire island, they need to look at this case. The fact that Michael's car was still running tells me he must have met this "date" 40 minutes from his home and it turned out NOT to be who he thought it was, but he and his dog were taken before he had a chance to react. Possibly at gun point. IMO.

I man or serial killer could easily pose as a woman online. Has his computer been searched? Who is this woman?

I'm glad you posted this, Mendara. I can't believe I missed this in the NY news.

Issues is going to cover the story tonight (12/14/10) regarding the bodies found.

There could be more bodies - I hope not. Also this "killer" could have seen communications between Michael and this mystery woman and met up with both of them - Michael could have just been at the wrong place at the wrong time.

I wish I knew more about who that woman was and if they examined his computer.

Prayers for his family during their search and for this holiday without their loving son. prayers he will be located safely.
MichaelTaus25MISSING-NY-June182010.jpg

LI Family Spends Holidays Still Looking For Missing Son

It’s been six months since a Long Island man went missing after his family said he went on a blind date, and they haven’t given up their search.

In that time, Michael Taus turned 26 years old, someone else got his old phone number, and police haven’t developed any new leads on his whereabouts that they’re sharing with his parents, Russel and Barbara.

“This is the worst Christmas I’ve ever had in my life, being without him,” Barbara said.

More: http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2010/12/19/li-family-spends-holidays-still-looking-for-missing-son/

I was at Gardiner's Park in West Bay Shore 2 years ago. This is the local "dog park". All of the locals bring their dogs here to walk. It gets very crowded on weekends. Well when I was there one day 2 years ago, there was a big pickup truck with a long trailer in the parking lot and it had a huge advertisement for a Pitbull breeder in Brooklyn. The guys that were hanging out around this trailer were the seediest bunch of people I have ever seen. They all had crew cuts and tattoos all over there bodies. They looked hard core and I wouldn't be surprised if they were breeding those dogs for drug dealers and dog fighters. I wish I got the name of the breeder but I didn't.

I also had a confrontation at that park with a guy with 3 pit bulls. He had tattoo sleaves on both arms and was walking down one of the trails with the 3 pit bulls running wild with no leashes. I picked up my 4 year old daughter and said nicely "Can you please put your dogs on leashes?" My daughters were petrified! So the guy comes up to me and gets about 1/2 inch from my face and says "You got something to say to me?" And I bit my tongue because I was holding my daughter. If I was there alone there would have been a major problem for that skel but I had my wife and kids so I just walked away. He probably would not have approached me if I was alone. I would have friggin ripped his head off I was so mad.

But anyway, I do believe that Michael Taus' disappearance is related to his pit bull. I really wish SCPD would put more resources into this case.

But what searching computer for clues to who the woman he was meeting was? It seems strange that the dog water and food bowl are missing..... I wonder if the blind date story is a cover? I wonder if he intended to be away for a few days for other reasons and told parents that?

Hello my name is Chris, 23, male, and I am a lifelong West Islip resident. As you can imagine I have been following this case since it was reported by Newsday last July. I don't think Michael Taus went through West Islip schools as neither myself nor any of my friends knew of him until he disappeared. Ive checked the yearbooks and graduation ceremony handouts and there is no mention of him so I am assuming he grew up someplace else and moved to West Islip later on - even then I would have expected some of my car buff friends to know him through his car detailing business but nothing there either.

Unfortunately there has been very little put out there; no missing posters, barely any news coverage, no SCPD press conferences - the exact opposite of what is going on with Shannon Gilbert and the multiple bodies discovered down at Gilgo Beach and along Ocean Parkway. I did however get in touch with Michael's mom via Facebook and she confirmed that he is still missing. I can't imagine what she is going through :sick:

As to Michael's disappearance: I hate to say this I really do, but I think there is more going on than what has been reported. I don't understand how anyone can vanish like this with no trace. His missing dog and the dog's water bowl makes this even more unusual. I don't think he was going on a date that night ... let's leave it at that. Let's just say that my friends and I have come to the conclusion that his car detailing business may have been a front for something less than legal and it caught up to him. That being said, we still need to find Michael and figure out what happened to him and where he is.

@ Goathairjones, I suggest you contact the Suffolk County Park Police. All dogs at Gardner's are required to be leashed. That guy sounds really creepy and unleashed pit bulls scare the daylights out of me.

If anyone has any questions I may be able to answer about West Islip, crime in West Islip, the local area, etc don't hesitate to ask. I have lived here all of my 23 years and I don't plan on leaving anytime soon.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Websleuth0000
Back