NY NY - NY, Morningside Park near W 113th St, BlkFem 30-45, UP8004, unresponsive, track marks, Sep'93

Moonwalker9

Reaction score
The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)
Warning PM

Case Numbers
NCMEC Number--
ME/C Case NumberM93-07343
Demographics
SexFemale
Race / EthnicityBlack / African American
Possible First Name--
Possible Middle Name--
Possible Last Name--
Possible Nickname--
Estimated Age GroupAdult - Pre 50
Estimated Age Range (Years)30-45
Estimated Year of Death1993
Estimated PMIHours
Height5' 5"(65 inches) , Measured
Weight125 lbs, Measured
Circumstances
TypeUnidentified Deceased
Date FoundSeptember 15, 1993
NamUs Case CreatedOctober 12, 2010
ME/C QA ReviewedOctober 13, 2010
Location Found Map
Street AddressMorningside Park at West 113th StreetNew York, New York
CountyNew York County
GPS Coordinates40.803382, -73.959188
Circumstances of RecoveryUnknown black female found unresponsive in Morningside Park near West 113th Street.
Details of Recovery

Inventory of RemainsAll parts recovered
Condition of RemainsRecognizable face
Physical Description
Hair ColorBlack
Head Hair Descriptioncurly, 1"
Body Hair Description--
Facial Hair Description--
Left Eye ColorBrown
Right Eye ColorBrown
Eye Description--
Distinctive Physical Features
Item
Description
Scar/mark
numerous linear track marks on forearms, hands and legs

Clothing and Accessories
Item
Description
Clothing
blue jeans, white shirt, blue bra, brown leather belt
On the Body

All are good possibilities! Janice Hughes & Maynard look very similar to the UID...

Thumbnail

MP34554
VIOLA A BUTLER
Black / African American
Last Contact: February 19, 1989
Missing From: Pleasantville, NJ
Height: 5' 6" - 5' 7"
Weight: 130 - 135 lbs

**She resembles the UID in the pic above but not so much in the other pic in her profile

Has anyone else noticed VA has run all of the UIDs through NAMUS...Almost every R/O list I checked there's a VA UID..They are trying to resolve their cases...

sad that it's possible that this UID was never reported missing, considering the drug abuse ("numerous linear track marks on forearms, hands and legs") and possible homelessness :( shes got to have family somewhere that still wonders about her...

Sadly, I feel like the majority of JD's are not reported missing and therefore not in namus. Many of these people come from the bottom of society, drug users, prostitutes, illegal aliens, Undomiciled , transient etc.

Sometimes they are reported missing but not in namus anyway, perhaps their file is only in some local agency or in some agents drawer. NEW YORK made enonormous effort on creating namus files for plenty of cases from 1989-1993, the time whern the city was very rough.

If there is DNA available namus can easily match the missing with the unidentified, however in some cases there ain't. California cremate their does and before DNA was used in forensic investigations they failed to extract it.

I strongly feel like

Shirley Magee

Is a match with

But without DNA available it's hard to be sure.

Therefore I wish somebody comes forward that can match the photo with the PM so she finally can come home.

That's the main reason Im posting all these threads here hoping that someone will recognize the persons.

Sadly, I feel like the majority of JD's are not reported missing and therefore not in namus. Many of these people come from the bottom of society, drug users, prostitutes, illegal aliens, Undomiciled , transient etc.

Sometimes they are reported missing but not in namus anyway, perhaps their file is only in some local agency or in some agents drawer. NEW YORK made enonormous effort on creating namus files for plenty of cases from 1989-1993, the time whern the city was very rough.

If there is DNA available namus can easily match the missing with the unidentified, however in some cases there ain't. California cremate their does and before DNA was used in forensic investigations they failed to extract it.

I strongly feel like

Shirley Magee

Is a match with

But without DNA available it's hard to be sure.

Therefore I wish somebody comes forward that can match the photo with the PM so she finally can come home.

That's the main reason Im posting all these threads here hoping that someone will recognize the persons.
wow, Shirley Magee IS very facially similar to that UID! Sad to see that the UID has no rule-outs, at least on NamUs. Assuming the UID was killed recently (recognizable face, measured weight, eye color known) are you insinuating that SM was alive for 2yrs after her disappearance? Would be kind of weird that she gained 20lbs but didn't gain any height from 12-14 y/o, but namus stats could always be inaccurate :confused: hope SM's family finds closure soon

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AMK
Back