NY - Orsolya Gaal, 51, body found in duffel bag, Queens, Apr 2022 #2 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I apologize if this has been asked and answered, or if it's just more art than science, but do we know for sure the size of the bag and can we use it along with other features in the videos to determine an approximate height and/or potential shoe size of the individual in question? They may have been hunched over or wearing borrowed shoes from the home I suppose. Just curious.

Working assumption is that it's a Bauer junior/medium hockey bag, which makes it about 30 inches long (36 if it's an adult bag). Looks to be about half the height of the perp, roughly, which puts the perp in the "average height" range. I.E. not short, not tall. Between 5'6" and 6' probably somewhere in the middle.

All just my opinion/interpretation.

The NYPD supervisor said that a neighbor told detectives Gaal headed into Manhattan around 6 p.m. Friday evening, saying she was going to see the opera. She had attended the opera at Lincoln Center in the past and police were able to place her in the vicinity on Friday. But police were not able to establish immediately that she attended that night’s performance of Mozart’s Le Nozze di Figaro (The Marriage of Figaro).

Police did determine that she returned to Forest Hills around 11 p.m. She spent around 45 minutes in a bar near her home and appeared to be waiting for somebody, the supervisor said. (The New York Post was first to report on the bar visit and some other details in this story, which conformed with what The Daily Beast learned independently.)

Cops investigating murder of Queens mother are looking for man she 'recently had an affair with' | Daily Mail Online

There was no performance of Le Nozze di Figaro on Friday night. It is a 3.5 hour opera, which if it started at 7 wouldn't be over until 10:30 at the earliest.

Attachments

• Figaro @ Met.png
    Figaro @ Met.png
    367.7 KB · Views: 32
Based on the timeline kindly provided by mcmlxxix, here are the things I am wondering (and no accusation is intended at any point, I'd like to clarify):
1) Regardless of his location at the time of the murder, over a period of nearly 10 hours, the son must have left the room and removed his headphones. Even the most stalwart gamer goes foraging for food, drink, and/or a bathroom break.
2) When OG returned home the first time, did she check in with her son? My instinct would be to do that, but each family is different and we don't know the dynamics.
3) Did the house have a security system of any sort? Cameras, alarms? Not everyone has them (we don't), but it seems like the kind of neighborhood and the kind of family that would invest in such a thing.
4) How did OG get to town, return from town and then go to and from the bar? It's obvious she was still dressed to go out, but are the garments she was wearing what one would wear to the opera?
5) Was the bar on last call? Were there many other patrons, or was she one of few?
6) If the perp took the phone/purse, and the phone has been found, where is the purse?
7) Still wondering about the dog...did she let the dog out, and then peek in on her son, leave the dog with him?
8) If she was killed on the first floor and moved to the basement, even with noise-canceling headphones, wouldn't the dog react if it was in the room with the son? It seems like a breed of dog that would react rather insistently at sensing any disruption.

The whole thing seems clunky to me. The person on the video doesn't seem like a man she would have been having a relationship with; there is something gangly and slightly awkward about the walk...not just because of the bag (she doesn't seem to have been very heavy...), but something about a young person who still hasn't a firm grasp on their personal space?

MOO all of this. No accusations made at all. Just throwing questions out for chewing on if anyone wants them.

The family's residence is located on a street riddled with doorbell cameras – at least seven on the family's block alone – and home security systems, including one that family electrician Arrjuna Jack, 30, said was also outfitted on Gaal’s house.

He said Klein, 53, worked from an office in the home and the house has separate door that leads either down to the basement or up to the kitchen. The basement consists of a laundry room and what was the kid’s playroom.

Slain NYC mom Orsolya Gaal's home had separate basement entrance, family electrician says

This actually makes a lot of sense... he may have been specifically heading to the bus stop with the intent of bringing her somewhere much further away, but discovered the bag was leaking blood and decided to change his plans and leave it behind.

EDIT: The nearest bus route from Juno is on metropolitan ave.
View attachment 340427

EDIT AGAIN: This could also be how he arrived

EDIT ONE MORE TIME: In order to make a fast getaway presumably without a car, the metropolitan ave bus route was the only viable option running at that time, given the distance from all of the night subway lines.
View attachment 340428
Yes! This is what I thought. Was going to take elsewhere but then couldn’t because of leaking.

There were other events at Lincoln Center on Friday night, the 15th. It was a neighbor who said she was at the Met Opera. If she attended an event at Lincoln Center with girlfriends, that would be easily verified. It sounds like the last known (in person) sighting of the victim was at a bar close to her home. Hopefully good police work will solve this horrific crime in short order.

Another thought, now that it's starting to come together a bit, granted with a lot of assumptions thrown in --

Maybe he was carrying the purse.
Maybe her phone was in the purse.
The texts to her husband were sent after (or around the same time) as the body was left on metropolitan ave.
If the phone had a lock mechanism, it would have been locked by this time after a 15-20 minute walk from Juno.
Maybe he had to put the bag down, open it, and use her finger to unlock the phone.
Maybe he saw the bag was leaking blood at that time, under the street light.
Maybe he left it behind and got on the bus.

If he got on a bus, they'll have been able to figure out who he is by now. There are interior (and exterior) cameras on MTA busses. And not many passengers would have been picked up on Metropolitan Ave before 5 am on Saturday.

I keep hearing all of these posts about how someone got into her phone. I'm pretty sure I am not the only person who doesn't keep mine locked. I used to keep it locked, but it couldn't read my fingerprint half the time, so I turned the biometrics off and have never used them since. Perhaps she did not keep hers locked either. JMO

I don’t keep mine locked, either. Feel a little silly cluttering up the thread with that info, but it is necessary to point out the possibility of it.

Hmm, this survey was 5 years ago, but....28 percent of people didn’t!

Many smartphone owners don’t take steps to secure their devices

If he got on a bus, they'll have been able to figure out who he is by now. There are interior (and exterior) cameras on MTA busses. And not many passengers would have been picked up on Metropolitan Ave before 5 am on Saturday.

Very true, although they are not always operating correctly (as evidenced by the Brooklyn subway shooting).

Based on what police are saying, I think they do know who he is, they just don't know where he is.

I don’t keep mine locked, either. Feel a little silly cluttering up the thread with that info, but it is necessary to point out the possibility of it.

Hmm, this survey was 5 years ago, but....28 percent of people didn’t!

Many smartphone owners don’t take steps to secure their devices
I don't lock mine, either, but we live in rural New England. If I lived in Queens, I probably would. I also don't do online banking on my phone, so if it were lost or stolen, no personal info could be obtained, in general. We've also read that many family members know the other family member's passcodes.

That is interesting. I mean, in general, isn't there a lot of garbage on city streets in various areas of the city, esp near highways and a park? Homeless people leave stuff behind. It was a full moon Saturday night, I think, but I'm not sure if I was driving in the middle of the night I'd notice anything "smallish" like that as being out of the ordinary unless I was stopped at that light and just wrote it off as a garbage bag or something?

the bay was not left “in the middle of the night” but after 4:30am right? Perhaps that is a normal time for this person to drive that route for whatever reason close to 5AM
This is very helpful. More linear than bouncing back and forth...I can think better this way. Many, many sincere thanks!
i thought the neighbor saw her with different g earlier in the day as there have also been reports dog was with caretaker due to OG and L planning to meet family in Michigan the next day?

I realize trying to make sense of a senseless act can often be futile, but any speculation on waiting until 4:30 to move, if the 12:40 reward poster time is accurate? Just the time with the least amount of neighborhood traffic? Everyone home from a night out and still kind of early for joggers? Do bars close at 2 am there? Maybe someone who lacked experience thought (and I apologize for the imagery) that all the DNA would be out by then and moving it wouldn't leave a trail (even though video surely did anyways)? And when it was noticed, they took off before anyone caught up with them? That or the location was somehow intentional or they got freaked out by something (bus with camera, dog walker, etc). Pure speculation of course.

The only thing that comes to mind is send a text and leave them to rush to find a truly horrible scene but with no body to properly mourn/provide closure/facilitate prosecution so as to inflict a longer term pain. Personally, I'm leaning toward it all being a ruse when things fell apart, but I still can't help but speculate on far-fetched alternatives while I wait for justice to arrive.

trying to clean up the scene?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member