NY - Orsolya Gaal, 51, body found in duffel bag, Queens, Apr 2022 #2 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
And because of HIPPA, I'm guessing no one at the hospital who treated him would have been able to let LE know that around that time, they they treated someone for hand injuries that looked to be caused by a knife.

I think the police would have been checking with hospitals to find out if anyone showed up with hand wounds, which would be what they would expect with this many stabbings, and that this was part of their investigation and evidence-building process to charge him with her murder.

Bonola and Gaal had been on-again-off-again for about two years, police said, and last reunited romantically in early April. As of her death, they were considered "off," police clarified.

Queens Mother in Duffel Bag: Handyman David Bonola Arrested in Orsolya Gaal Death – NBC New York

Bonola allegedly admitted his guilt during questioning, according to two senior police officials with direct knowledge of the conversation. He has at least one prior arrest dating back to 2013, but details on the case weren't immediately clear and police said it had no bearing on the Gaal case anyway.

Great work, NYPD! May he be prosecuted to the full extent of the law!

I'd been posting my suspicions about the handyman in the thread, so I'm not surprised it was him. He was the top suspect in my mind. It was the most probable scenario based on the facts.

Perhaps if LE had his name (we only had Handyman) and searched for images of him, they located one of him wearing the boots..enough to put 2 and 2 even more together. Plus look at his gait in this photo:

His gait? He's sitting a post posing for a picture with his bag on the edge of the sidewalk behind him.

I agree
Based on his texts to seemingly taunt the husband, I think he is delusional and him "admitting" to his relationship with her is another jab at the husband. Like others have said, I don't think this murderer is intelligent at all based on the incredibly sloppy trail of evidence left behind. The wording of the text to the husband seems like he was attempting to sound intelligent, something he was not capable of doing. I believe it's possible he truly thought they had a relationship. It has been reported that she was texting 3 men, (I dislike the way this was reported because most loyal people text the other gender for innocent reasons) and IMO, one was likely the murderer. I wonder if he made an advancement over text, which she shut down. He came over, probably unnaounced to talk because he was upset. He thought they were "lovers" but it was all in his head and he became embarrassed, enraged, and he snapped.

To me, and the nature of the murderer's actions and comments, OG simply crossed paths with the wrong person who became obsessed with her. I'm *speculating* that she kindly brushed off his advances, for example by liking his FB messages. Her kindness, or simply neutrality, may have fed into his delusions. Also, IMO, if they truly were having an affair and somewhat attempting to conceal it, OG would have deleted his Facebook comments and he likely would not have commented in the first place for the public to see.

Even if my speculations are incorrect, and there really was a relationship that went both ways, this was a gruesome and evil act that no one ever deserves. Her friends described her as a loving mother and a kind friend and that's how she should be remembered. At the end of the day, this woman was murdered and the media is gross for trying to paint her in a way to get the new hot story.

Why do some feel the need to believe that this was “all in his head”?

LE has made it clear that there was an intimate relationship between the two. What exactly that means is unclear at this time but regardless she was a willing participant in the intimate relationship.

Photo of David Bonola shown at the press conference. They definitely had very clear footage of him, also his hand is wrapped in the bandages later found discarded in Forest Park.

View attachment 340663
Video of him throughout his trip home, showing him shedding clothing and items along the way. I bet they have it all, it's just a matter of putting it together. Really surprised that he wasn't arrested or found sooner unless he's been hiding from LE. Once the boots were reported to have been found he must have realized it was only a matter of time. As someone said earlier at least he stayed in the area and didn't disappear. May beautiful Orsolya RIP and I pray for her loved ones, they have so much to process. It's really tragic.

And because of HIPPA, I'm guessing no one at the hospital who treated him would have been able to let LE know that around that time, they they treated someone for hand injuries that looked to be caused by a knife.
They would be able to tell police that information, if they believe the death may have been caused by him. Police reach out to hospitals all the time asking about people showing up during a time frame after a murder caused by a knife.
MOO
That's how Brandon Lavergne was eventually caught in Mickey Schunick's case.
Brandon Lavergne Admitted To Hospital Night Mickey Shunick Disappeared

Last edited:
Yet another case of Beauty and the Beast, imo.
David Bonola: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know | Heavy.com
david-bonola-orsoyla-gaal.jpg

''On a May 27, 2020, post by Gaal of a childhood photo, Bonola commented, “Hola.” On a May 2020 photo of Gaal captioned “Zoom party with my gfs – my lifeline,” Bonola replied, “Tu mirada enamorada❤️.”

On an October 2019 profile photo posted by Gaal, Bonola wrote, “Hungria ❤️.” Gaal responded with a heart emoji reaction to Bonola’s reply. Bonola commented on a September 2019 photo posted by Gaal, “Guatemala❤️”alguien me dijo que es el lugar que mas ama en este planeta “✍.”

Another Facebook page appearing to belong to Bonola shows he lived in Queens, New York, and is a New York native. He lists himself as single and says he studied at the New York School of Interior Design.''

If the relationship was on again/off again yet he still was involved in doing work at their home, it is hard to see that it was all in his head.

Many here questioned why her killer might remove her from the home with the question of it being very personal/intimate and a desire to create distance. Indeed, he knew her well and possibly her kids well. He removed her so her son wouldn't find her. Interesting to me.

Photo of David Bonola shown at the press conference. They definitely had very clear footage of him, also his hand is wrapped in the bandages later found discarded in Forest Park.

View attachment 340663

Wow. Are those bloodstains all over his clothes?

I love our NYPD. I know mistakes have been made, but most often they are on top of so much. We all speculated that there had to be MANY pictures of him out there, but the police didn't release them until they had him in custody with a confession.

Mr. Klein and sons----I hope you can find peace somehow. There will be grief but also compounded by guilt and perhaps anger in several directions as well.

Jmo

I know some people find it hard to believe they had a consensual affair but I don’t think LE would confirm that just because of what DB told them. There is obviously evidence on her phone or even knowledge from family about the affair.

She was reported missing May 29,2020 around the same time DB posted many lovey comments on her photos. One of them was on May 27, 20202 so I think that’s around the start of their on and off relationship.

LE has made it clear that there was an intimate relationship between the two. What exactly that means is unclear at this time but regardless she was a willing participant in the intimate relationship.

JMO it’s not so much feeling a need as not wanting to take the word of this reprobate individual on facts relevant to character of the deceased when those facts could only possibly be refuted by testimony of the deceased … if there’s evidence beyond his assertion, it would put my mind to ease on concern of doing that… moo

I had typed my comment before learning of what LE said in the press conference. I guess I just didn't want the way the media was painting her to be founded on truth because they sensationalize the story and what they say is how people who don't know her will remember her. I know it is an important detail in the investigation, but I wanted it to be false so the media would stop including it to smear her name. Obviously it does not make her a bad person, but the media uses it to get a reaction from the public and stir the pot.

Yet in the same article:

Bonola was not a stranger to the victim and has no unsealed criminal history in New York City, police said.

I hate the reporting in this case.
Does he have any criminal record sealed or not?

LE said he confessed to having an affair for the past 2 years with her and it was at the end. Giving his comments on her posts 2 years ago on FB seems that is when he entered her life. Was he hired as a handyman? How often did he have access to the house? So sad and tragic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kelc3769